YesNoOk

China's Citizenscore (Read 2589 times)

Started by Iced, October 07, 2015, 12:47:59 pm
Share this topic:
China's Citizenscore
#1  October 07, 2015, 12:47:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://boingboing.net/2015/10/06/reputation-economy-dystopia-c.html?fk_bb
* Everybody is measured by a score between 350 and 950, which is linked to their national identity card. While currently supposedly voluntary, the government has announced that it will be mandatory by 2020.

* The system is run by two companies, Alibaba and Tencent, which run all the social networks in China and therefore have access to a vast amount of data about people’s social ties and activities and what they say.

* In addition to measuring your ability to pay, as in the United States, the scores serve as a measure of political compliance. Among the things that will hurt a citizen’s score are posting political opinions without prior permission, or posting information that the regime does not like, such as about the Tienanmen Square massacre that the government carried out to hold on to power, or the Shanghai stock market collapse.

* It will hurt your score not only if you do these things, but if any of your friends do them. Imagine the social pressure against disobedience or dissent that this will create. Anybody can check anyone else’s score online. Among other things, this lets people find out which of their friends may be hurting their scores.

* Also used to calculate scores is information about hobbies, lifestyle, and shopping. Buying certain goods will improve your score, while others (such as video games) will lower it.

* Those with higher scores are rewarded with concrete benefits. Those who reach 700, for example, get easy access to a Singapore travel permit, while those who hit 750 get an even more valued visa.

* Sadly, many Chinese appear to be embracing the score as a measure of social worth, with almost 100,000 people bragging about their scores on the Chinese equivalent of Twitter.
Re: China's Citizenscore
#2  October 07, 2015, 02:31:55 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Gamification is the future, tongbao.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#3  October 07, 2015, 02:32:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
videogames give you negative score tho
#4  October 07, 2015, 03:28:54 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
Real... a score? Sounds like another attempt of communist control.q
#5  October 07, 2015, 03:57:58 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That sounds..... really lame, to be honest. Also what Victor MFG said.
This is a generic forum signature.

lui

#6  October 07, 2015, 04:13:25 pm
    • USA
cant wait to get a over 9000 score while wearing a vegeta costume
#7  October 07, 2015, 04:16:48 pm
* Also used to calculate scores is information about hobbies, lifestyle, and shopping. Buying certain goods will improve your score, while others (such as video games) will lower it.

Make sure you stock up on your panda merchandise y'all. Also, make sure you say you hate video games because only an immature child plays those things.
#8  October 07, 2015, 04:59:20 pm
yes this is exactly what we needed, rewards enticing people to be lie. now if you lie good enough your dumbass is getting easier travel to nearby countries and a better visa.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#9  October 07, 2015, 06:30:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's not a lie if regardless of what you think, your actions conform to what you say.
#10  October 07, 2015, 08:08:22 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
This isn't really that surprising considering China's history of stupid political moves. There was the Great Leap Forward in which the government demanded an increase in steel and grain output, and when the population failed both, they had to lie to avoid punishment which ultimately resulted in one of the biggest losses of human life from a single cause (estimated 18-45 million dead).

My prediction is that people will be lying to get their score up and productivity will be even worse off than before, and eventually they'll be forced to pull the program.
#11  October 08, 2015, 12:55:43 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Stalin would have been proud.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#12  October 08, 2015, 01:08:14 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Wow, it is like Big Brother's dream come true. And it is horrible.

And I also suspect that the system is vulnerable to corruption, like so many intuitions and companies in China. Just slip a couple of dollars here and there and the system will generate a much more positive feedback of you.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#13  October 08, 2015, 05:34:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#14  October 11, 2015, 07:44:43 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
yes this is exactly what we needed, rewards enticing people to be lie
your own society/country already does that, the only difference is that china is going to do it more efficiently
#15  October 11, 2015, 03:20:05 pm
    • USA
350 to 950? That's a weird scale, why not just 0 to 1000?
#16  October 11, 2015, 05:01:30 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
maybe its like the SAT, where you get points just for showing up and writing your name