YesNoOk

Z2/Hyper Dragon Ball Z style Broly (YOSHIN WIP THREAD) (Read 8507 times)

Started by Yoshin222, September 13, 2019, 05:54:47 am
Share this topic:
Z2/Hyper Dragon Ball Z style Broly (YOSHIN WIP THREAD)
#1  September 13, 2019, 05:54:47 am
  • Getting better, still a long way to go
    • UK
Been a while since i did this, but currently working on this dude. CS'ing him further based on a CS by Daniel Matheus/Speedster. All in the title, this thread will keep track of this characters development. Akin to my previously released Black, Broly will use Explod Buffering, and i'll be implementing the feedback of Black to hopefully make Broly much more professional feeling. For those who are on the HDBZ Discord (invite here https://discord.gg/jukJeJn) you'd know i'd initially wanted to make Kid Buu, but that fell through. Regardless of that, was gonna implement a Stage Lighting feature for him, so depending on what stage you're on, Broly will be affected by it
Please feel free to leave any suggestions, i'll see what i can do about them. References you'd like to see, move ideas, etc etc
Examples
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Vid displayig WIP stun mechanic thing
https://streamable.com/ciggq
Example of CS (OUTDATED)
Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:41:36 pm by Yoshin222
Re: Z2/Hyper Dragon Ball Z style Broly (YOSHIN WIP THREAD)
#2  December 14, 2019, 04:40:59 pm
    • UK
BUMP!!!!
Broly is the opposite of dead! Thanks to Hyper Battles, he's been kitted out with a badass new CS, one far more complex than i ever fathomed! Cheers dude!

I'm going to wait a bit to officially announce a template, as i'd like to include any additional stuff first (FX, other characters, stuff like that) but it's good to note that this CS has been completely applied to all the appropriate sprites, so it's a matter of finalisation at this point
In the meantime, here are some possibilities with this new CS

Secondly, progress on the programming side is going well. All his grounded normals are done, with special properties depending on certain factors. Spoiler for anyone interested in the nitty gritty. Slightly older screenshots, but the point is made

Regardless, he is at bare minimum an appropriate punching bag at the moment, being compatible with every HDBZ Mechanic/gethit, bar Cursed and Midnight Bliss. Open to suggestions. He is still far from done, so if anyone has any contributions or ideas, feel more than free to contribute. All the best whatever the case
#3  December 14, 2019, 05:11:49 pm
    • Brazil
#4  December 14, 2019, 05:16:17 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
He's saying he doesn't want Kale to be playable.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#5  December 14, 2019, 05:17:45 pm
    • UK
Little jab at how i don't like Kale tbh
That pallete is bloody brilliant though lol
#6  December 14, 2019, 07:37:23 pm
    • Brazil
Oh, good, throwing some shade at a female Dragon Ball character, because we have SO many playable ones already, haven't we?
#7  December 14, 2019, 08:28:18 pm
    • UK
Oh, good, throwing some shade at a female Dragon Ball character, because we have SO many playable ones already, haven't we?

Kinda off topic, imma nip that in the butt though
I have many reasons i dislike her, prime of which is that i find very little to like about her. Idk what that comment is trying to do other than try and make me look like a sexist, which is no way to talk to someone. Feel more than free to DM me, but I'd sincerely appreciate it if any further replies were focused around discussions for the character that this thread was made for, thank you

HB

#8  December 14, 2019, 11:17:56 pm
    • Georgia
I'm glad that I could help you out with this project.

Can't wait to see full version of Broly!
#9  January 03, 2020, 11:44:27 pm
    • UK
Been a while, little update!
- CS is expanded to include Base Broly, now you can imply armour during Movie Transform intro (to represent DBS Broly) thanmks to HB once again
- All Nomals are now done for real, hitboxes and voice included. J.MK and CRE.HP are now also classsed as projectiles as well as normal attacls, so they can destroy Projectil;es
- Krillin has it so your character ppunches during some moves. Adjusted to be compatible
- I know all the FX i want to include. Once that's done, i'll release a Pallete Template for ya'll to use, any and all are welcomne! (Warning, it's gonna be chunky like Broly Himself)