YesNoOk

Contributor Suggestion Thread (Read 1380313 times)

Started by Cybaster, September 03, 2007, 09:26:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Democracy Thread
#881  October 27, 2009, 10:48:52 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Panzer is, others aren't.
#882  October 27, 2009, 10:52:11 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I will be honest, Ive pondered giving, to most everyone of those pointed out , contributor status before,  sometimes being pulled back by people pointing out some propensity to get into troubles and fights. But I think some of them really deserve it.

Ssanttu( as much as i am amused by his postings)  doesnt really post on the releases areas.
#883  October 27, 2009, 11:01:29 pm
  • I miss titiln
gill goes through a lot of the forum, probably a much greater percentage than 90% of the forum

orochi gill for contributor

ironic signature because this is interesting text

I like hate mail

GLB

#884  October 27, 2009, 11:07:54 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
still +1ing over here  ;D Go gill lol
#885  October 27, 2009, 11:09:37 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Everyone with many many stars should be contributor. \o/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#886  October 27, 2009, 11:15:10 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
gill goes through a lot of the forum, probably a much greater percentage than 90% of the forum

Considering the amount of reports he makes and forum coverage, I'd consider something different - a near-mod function, say, Maintenance, to help out where needed, but with less power than actual (g)mods, like no deleting or banning, so later the gmods can take action if further action is needed.
#887  October 27, 2009, 11:17:54 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
im so glad were finally having this discussion about gill, ive been pondering about what people would say for a while now rofl.
#888  October 27, 2009, 11:18:54 pm
that sounds like a pointless semimod position
#889  October 27, 2009, 11:19:17 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle

Considering the amount of reports he makes and forum coverage, I'd consider something different - a near-mod function, say, Maintenance, to help out where needed, but with less power than actual (g)mods, like no deleting or banning, so later the gmods can take action if further action is needed.
???
that makes little to no sense, giving him power, but no power? or do you mean just normal modship in several sections.  
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#890  October 27, 2009, 11:24:29 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Like, seeing a thread going to hell, and before it escalates into a bigger mess, locking it or moving it to the staff section or something instead of waiting for a mod to do something about it. Just a rough idea really, since the reports were mentioned more than creation stuff.
#891  October 27, 2009, 11:25:24 pm
if he can't be trusted to be a gmod why can he be trusted to lock or move any threads he wants to
#892  October 27, 2009, 11:29:00 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Which is why I mentioned less powers - would get to apply some damage control, but with less options, the actual mods could control any eventual damage he might do better, which is why I mentioned stuff like no banning or deleting options.
#893  October 27, 2009, 11:35:51 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
if he can't be trusted to be a gmod why can he be trusted to lock or move any threads he wants to

why can't he be trusted to be a gmod? collectively orochi gill makes the majority of the reports, and goes so far as to check sigs and avatar sizes.
he is qualified...perhaps the mods should consider adding him to the roster, even if the rosters a little big in some people's opinion :P
#894  October 27, 2009, 11:38:07 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Loona no offense, but just because you needed "damage control", doesnt mean orochi would. 
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan

OZ

#895  October 27, 2009, 11:44:50 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ

why can't he be trusted to be a gmod? collectively orochi gill makes the majority of the reports, and goes so far as to check sigs and avatar sizes.
he is qualified...perhaps the mods should consider adding him to the roster, even if the rosters a little big in some people's opinion :P

He has major history with some users, which is never a good thing.
His report work is noticable and appreciated, but I can't say whether he'd be a good choice for mod. :P

PS: I've always kind of wondered why Shapeshifter isn't a contributor..
ಠ_ಠ
#896  October 27, 2009, 11:46:01 pm
the fact that he reports everything gives me the impression that he'd do way too many things. crazy with power if you will
#897  October 27, 2009, 11:47:06 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
Loona no offense, but just because you needed "damage control", doesnt mean orochi would. 

I meant damage control in the sense of containing flamefests and whatnot in threads - as for the kind of damage control you seem to refer to, when did I ever ban anyone or did something particularly hard to revert?...
#898  October 27, 2009, 11:48:37 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
the fact that he reports everything gives me the impression that he'd do way too many things. crazy with power if you will

Actually, it wouldn't be my first time (indicated by here and here), so..........something.
#899  October 28, 2009, 12:09:29 am
  • I work at Elecbyte as a sexy janitor.
    • USA
    • tamez.smeenet.org
-1 to Gill for contributor. 
In my opinion his feedback is largely useless often to the point of it just seeming to be a "post count +1" type of a thing. 

+1 to Gill for moderator. 
Just think how much cleaner the report section would be if he just took care of it all himself. 
I think the "what if he messes up" scenario isn't a good enough reason to not give him a shot at it.  It's not like he couldn't be kept an eye on for a little bit. 

He seems to care enough about the Guild to moderate it. 
#900  October 28, 2009, 12:10:14 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ