YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129576 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#221  May 17, 2008, 02:24:26 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#222  May 17, 2008, 05:04:29 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#223  May 17, 2008, 05:36:12 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
If gran turismo became an adult game and had loads of strippers on the race track would that make the racing better?

It'd be the first Gran Turismo I ever actually purchased if that was the case.
#224  May 17, 2008, 11:08:53 am

I always shine!
#225  May 17, 2008, 07:01:40 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I'd like to see how this turns out. To see if this gamble is worth it. I won't boo or hiss it, not with simply a trailer with a bit of footage.

But I do think it *may* work out.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#226  May 17, 2008, 10:07:32 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
still, i wish i had the satisfaction of ripping out batman's heart and then punching his head off.

[/psychopath]

honestly, what set mortal kombat apart was the bloody murder.
how can they take fatalities out??
#227  May 17, 2008, 10:22:38 pm
  • SNK is life
Also, for me, the winning formula was the realism... which was lost as the games moved forward. At first, ripping someone's head off with Sub-Zero, spine and all, was what made the game obscure and awesome. You would see headless bodies collapse slowly and abruptly.

In MK2, you'd rip limbs off of someone and the bodies would just stand there smiling in shock. That loss + approaching the characters to their original comic-like couterparts was a turn off. The models were all of a sudden ultra buff guys with veins popping out from their muscles. I don't care if Scorpion is a BUFF guy, does he even have a circulatory system anyway? does he have a brain inside that burning skull of his?

Bloody realistic mortal combat please, not mortal kombat game developed from the poor comic book plot.
#228  May 18, 2008, 02:31:48 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I preferred the dark humor aspect over the realism though, and I mean just dark, it was silly when they overdid other kinds of it (Babalities etc).
Dunno anything about the comics to judge if it was a bad path to take or not.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#229  May 22, 2008, 12:09:27 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
Superman Render
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#230  May 22, 2008, 02:03:10 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Superman: Jesus Christ, you guys fail at saving your planet...
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#231  May 22, 2008, 03:02:59 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:11:00 am by Tony 3rd
#232  May 22, 2008, 03:19:07 am
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
Also, for me, the winning formula was the realism... which was lost as the games moved forward. At first, ripping someone's head off with Sub-Zero, spine and all, was what made the game obscure and awesome. You would see headless bodies collapse slowly and abruptly.

In MK2, you'd rip limbs off of someone and the bodies would just stand there smiling in shock. That loss + approaching the characters to their original comic-like couterparts was a turn off. The models were all of a sudden ultra buff guys with veins popping out from their muscles. I don't care if Scorpion is a BUFF guy, does he even have a circulatory system anyway? does he have a brain inside that burning skull of his?

Bloody realistic mortal combat please, not mortal kombat game developed from the poor comic book plot.

You're going to be dissapointed. I know I am. I also agree.
#233  May 25, 2008, 10:11:09 pm
Theres gonna be fatalities just not bloody or gorey ones.
#234  May 26, 2008, 03:53:32 pm
  • appreciate life, i love you - Lil B
    • downloads.khinsider.com/?u=44610

THANK YOU BASED GOD
#235  May 29, 2008, 10:16:06 am
  • Fight only those that challenge you.

You're going to be dissapointed. I know I am. I also agree.
Agreed 100%

I lost faith in Midway once they removed the normal fatalities from the characters, allowing combo fatalities instead, imo that was stupid. Now going crossover, just too much. I mean granted it looks like a sick game, don't get me wrong. But I'd rather have them stick to the original 2D genre and to the original MK idea and concept. The only 3D game I consider the best one was MK: Deadly Alliance.

Motor Kombat (MK: Armageddon) was a fun game that was short lived imo.
#236  May 30, 2008, 03:11:53 am
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Wonder how they are going to really pull this off.....I didn't think they were going to add Superman, but here he is.
#237  May 30, 2008, 03:13:05 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
..-_-

DC crossover game without Superman? :P
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#238  May 30, 2008, 03:53:18 am
#239  May 30, 2008, 07:07:35 am
  • Fight only those that challenge you.
#240  May 31, 2008, 06:56:49 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
yeah, but he is also, like, considered invincible, if not, semi-invincible...

how is a near-immortal supposed to be in mortal kombat? are all MK fighters gonna have kryponite lodged into their bodies or something?  :S

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********