YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (Read 129587 times)

Started by spikeriley, March 29, 2008, 04:47:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
#1061  November 22, 2008, 12:28:22 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol

you are so damned stupid that you lose an argumenteven when you are right ?
Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:35:54 am by Nakadashi Paizuri
#1062  November 22, 2008, 03:32:03 am
  • I'm just a passing-by Kamen Rider, remember that.
BACK TO TOPIC

Okay, I finished Story Mode..and I gotta say game's awesome! BOTH STORIES SURPASSED MUH STANDARDS

oh tobi stop playing with robots and penises.
#1063  November 22, 2008, 05:05:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Also at the time he asked if the game sucked or not the game had still NOT been released even in the USA.

I was actually wondering how we would know if the game sucked yet when he asked since it hadn't been released yet.

The game does suck BTW (IMO)

It has some merit... I like how some of the mechanics went back to root. The game is a bit more linear. The attacks a bit more old school (uppercuts, sweeps, jump kicks) But in all honesty even those old mechanics lacked a lot.

My biggest problem with the MK series is that with each new game past MK3 I cannot just pick up the game and play as my favorite characters. Everything changes too often now. And I get sick of having to remember all the motions/button combinations.

QCF+HP
QCB+LK
HCF+HK
BF+HP
DD+HK
FF+HP
BB+LK

WTF? I have to look at the command list 3 or 4 times each fight till I get all the stupid motions with their single button presses down. Then when I go to a new character I have to learn them. By the time I went back to the 1st char I have done so many motions I have to see what their stuff is again.

I wish they could be like KOF, SF, etc and have normal motions that I can generally test during a fight instead of doing so many motions + EVERY button press combination to see if I can stumble on an attack. [/rant]
#1064  November 22, 2008, 05:58:13 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Did they change the motions to the "staple" moves like Scorpions spear, Liu Kang's Bicycle kick, etc.?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#1065  November 22, 2008, 06:12:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
they had in MKA.
#1066  November 22, 2008, 06:14:30 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
My biggest problem with the MK series is that with each new game past MK3 I cannot just pick up the game and play as my favorite characters. Everything changes too often now. And I get sick of having to remember all the motions/button combinations.

QCF+HP
QCB+LK
HCF+HK
BF+HP
DD+HK
FF+HP
BB+LK

WTF? I have to look at the command list 3 or 4 times each fight till I get all the stupid motions with their single button presses down. Then when I go to a new character I have to learn them. By the time I went back to the 1st char I have done so many motions I have to see what their stuff is again.

I wish they could be like KOF, SF, etc and have normal motions that I can generally test during a fight instead of doing so many motions + EVERY button press combination to see if I can stumble on an attack. [/rant]

I strongly agree with you there. That pissed me off alot about MK.
#1067  November 22, 2008, 06:45:37 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
It has some merit... I like how some of the mechanics went back to root. The game is a bit more linear. The attacks a bit more old school (uppercuts, sweeps, jump kicks) But in all honesty even those old mechanics lacked a lot.
Heh, they must've thought that that was good or what attracted people to the games to begin with. Except the uppercuts, those were cool.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#1068  November 22, 2008, 07:11:22 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What attracted people to the games were their simplicity. They were fast, simple, cool moves, cool characters, and they were violent and bloody!

Shaolin Monks is the best thing they have ever made. In all honesty MK is really just a fun party game with gore as a normal fighter. The games past MK 4 shouldn't even be called MK games. The fighting system is so alien they are totally new entities.

Funny enough Shaolin Monks feels more like old school MK than the new fighters.
#1069  November 22, 2008, 08:21:46 pm
  • MFG's resident Cookie Monster
Midway forums are saying that there will be a DLC for MK vs DC on Christmas, and that Lobo and Noob Saibot will be the first downloadable charcters.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I would rather wait for a confirmition from Ed Boon himself.

Oh, and BTW, there won't be a Heath Ledger alt. costume for Joker.  Midway can't do it because of Warner Bros. owning the rights to the character likenes.

I ate Ed Boon's peabody.
#1070  November 22, 2008, 08:26:40 pm
  • Guess where I'm From
    • s11.invisionfree.com/NEWSpeak_Forum
My teeth really are beautiful.
#1071  November 22, 2008, 08:28:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Oh, and BTW, there won't be a Heath Ledger alt. costume for Joker.  Midway can't do it because of Warner Bros. owning the rights to the character likenes.

That makes no sense, Warner Bros owns the right to EVERY Dc character, they own DC.
#1072  November 23, 2008, 04:47:22 am
Shaolin Monks is the best thing they have ever made. In all honesty MK is really just a fun party game with gore as a normal fighter. The games past MK 4 shouldn't even be called MK games. The fighting system is so alien they are totally new entities.
If only they made more playable characters.....but yeah I agree with you

#1073  November 23, 2008, 05:14:46 am
  • Never will be a Banana Chap
    • kmmousemugen.bravehost.com

'I have defied Gods and Demons... I know you, your past, your future. Your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is how the world ends.'

KM's MUGEN Site. Like life, a work in progress.
#1074  November 23, 2008, 05:37:07 am
  • Coffee, Chocolate and MUGEN
    • Brazil
    • www.justnopoint.com/sparta/
or simply because they want to remember people that Ledger is not the Joker, in order to make it easier to have another actor on that role on the next movie.

So they try to do as many different jokers to put on the media.

if WB really wanted it, they could do a whole "Dark Knight" DLC for MkvsDC or even for the upcoming "Arkham Asylum" game. but they will not do any of that probably because they do not want to piss off Nolan. the guy pratically owns the Batman Franchise after the 2 movies.
#1075  November 23, 2008, 10:38:28 am
Downloadables?
Here are mine I hope:
MK:
Noob Saibot
Cage
Kung Lao
Ermac

DC:
Lobo
Green Arrow
Doomsday
Cyborg (Jax vs Cyborg FTW)

#1076  November 23, 2008, 01:50:26 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
It's annoying to hear people saying that Heath's joker *should* be in there. It makes no sense. I mean, hell, if we're doing that, might as well have Bale's Batman, and movie versions of all the other applicable heroes/villains (even male stunt double Catwoman!)
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#1077  November 23, 2008, 07:42:10 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#1078  November 24, 2008, 06:06:36 pm
  • wanna match bowls
Also at the time he asked if the game sucked or not the game had still NOT been released even in the USA.

I was actually wondering how we would know if the game sucked yet when he asked since it hadn't been released yet.

The game does suck BTW (IMO)

QCF+HP
QCB+LK
HCF+HK
BF+HP
DD+HK
FF+HP
BB+LK

it was released for the people who pre ordered it  ::)
#1079  November 24, 2008, 06:08:27 pm
  • wanna match bowls
Midway forums are saying that there will be a DLC for MK vs DC on Christmas, and that Lobo and Noob Saibot will be the first downloadable charcters.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I would rather wait for a confirmition from Ed Boon himself.

YES! and YES!

lobo and noob. fuckiin awesome, now jus for jade and bane

and fuck heath ledger joker.....so damn overrated
#1080  November 24, 2008, 06:11:42 pm
  • SNK is life
Stop double posting, please edit your previous message instead.