YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 831314 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Thread
#201  December 01, 2016, 02:33:23 am
  • [Insert cool custom title here]
Amazing news, but I just want Captain Commando, Gambit, Venom and Jin to return. :)
Ps: Sorry for bad english.
#202  December 01, 2016, 02:35:41 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

Gambit? Not going to happen for sure.

They'd be silly to leave Venom out for TWO games.
#203  December 01, 2016, 02:37:28 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
About the Marvel/Fox licensing things, the thing of Fox only owns the Movie rights is true?

I remember someone said about Fox aren't holding the game licensing rights anymore...
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#204  December 01, 2016, 02:45:30 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I just hope they bring in some of the fans requests and I will lose my mind if they have Ultron playable and bring back Venom.
#205  December 01, 2016, 02:46:46 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
About the Marvel/Fox licensing things, the thing of Fox only owns the Movie rights is true?

I remember someone said about Fox aren't holding the game licensing rights anymore...

They don't. They're in that mobile fighting game and the marvel Diablo clone. The only reason they'd do it is if they were SUPER spiteful, which I feel they are.
Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:42:34 am by -Whiplash-
#206  December 01, 2016, 02:56:33 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Why would they be super spiteful now and not in Marvel vs Capcom 3 or any other games that's had them since.
#207  December 01, 2016, 03:00:33 am
  • [Insert cool custom title here]
What about the graphics?
Those of MVC3 I did not like, i prefer some similar to those of Street Fighter V.
Ps: Sorry for bad english.
#208  December 01, 2016, 03:03:39 am
    • Mexico
I still have my doubts regarding the veracity of Polygon's article.
I'm aware that Polygon is a big site, but have they reported things like this before?
What if they turn out to be wrong?

Why would they be super spiteful now and not in Marvel vs Capcom 3 or any other games that's had them since.
That's because those were different times. It wasn't until a year or 2 ago when they started to do this.
#209  December 01, 2016, 03:04:47 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I may be the only one who would like to see Nemesis return, he was like Q with a Rocket launcher in UMvC3.

With how popular Guardians of the Galaxy has become with the movie, the chances of Rocket Raccoon making it in is fairly high which is awesome. He was such a great choice for UMvC3, such a charismatic character.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#210  December 01, 2016, 03:16:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Fox gets a share of the profits from all merchandise, which AFAIK also includes games. It's not a huge amount, and Marvel hasn't had a problem giving Fox that smidgen of profit in the past, which is why the X-Men and Fantastic Four have been able to appear in older games.

But that's changed in the last 2 years, maybe. This is all hearsay, but there does appear to be a crackdown on appearances of X-Men and Fantastic Four characters in new merchandise, including games.Like, the recent sequel to Lego Marvel Super Heroes) Lego Marvel's Avengers, removed all Fox-owned characters from the roster, with very weak justifications given (one of them was that they had to make room for characters like uh... Egghead).

Or take Marvel Puzzle Quest, which releases a new character every few weeks, and had already built up a sizeable roster of X-Men/FF characters before the edict: since the tail end of 2015, there's been absolutely no new characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four. And Puzzle Quest was still able to put out Fox owned characters a lot longer compared to other games with the same basic setup: if I recall correctly, Avengers Alliance had stopped getting new X-Men/FF characters a year or two before Puzzle Quest!

The going speculation is that it is all based on spite; Marvel is trying to spite Fox because they really want the movie rights back and Fox won't budge an inch, so Marvel would rather cut off all income Fox gets from them, even if it's a relatively paltry sum. Hopefully things have changed in the last year or so: the relationship between Marvel and Fox is now a bit more cordial that it used to be, and they did work out some kind of deal so that Fox would be able to make make a live-action X-Men show (Marvel is also co-producing it), which would definitely be unthinkable even a year ago.

So it's not completely out of the question that the X-Men could appear in MvC4. It's just not a sure thing.
#211  December 01, 2016, 03:19:18 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Well, I could be happy if Thanos returns(Wich is most likely to happen thanks to the new Avengers movie)... Seeing the Power, Space and Reality gem hypers on 2.5d glory could be fun to see.

And my worries is for Capcom side. I wonder who will come on their side, as the classics set and the newer set of heroes.
- Donations is welcome
#212  December 01, 2016, 03:25:38 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Like I said on the other topic, it seems highly unlikely that they'd keep X-Men completely out of it when you consider the huge relaunch of the brand that's currently underway.  Regardless of how their relationship with Fox and the movie rights are, they've got at least three new X books in the pipeline that I can think of off the top of my head.  It'd be a real case of cutting off the nose to spite the face if they intentionally tanked the X-Men brand now.

At any rate, considering which characters' Marvel's giving the most priority to there's no way in hell Squirrel Girl isn't making it in, and she's really the only one that matters anyway.
Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:29:44 am by Person Man
#213  December 01, 2016, 03:29:08 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
I was thinking, what obscure character from Capcom could appear?

Considering how the games choose the obscure ones[at least one]..

MvC1[Not considering the assists and Strider] was Jin Saotome
MvC2 was Hayato
Tatsunoko VS Capcom was Saki Omokane
and MvC3 was Arthur.

- Donations is welcome
#214  December 01, 2016, 03:34:34 am
jin wasn't obscure at that time, cyberbots was released on consoles a year before mvc1 was released. star gladiator 2 was released on consoles a year before mvc2. ghosts n goblins was huge. the only obscure character in that list is saki
#215  December 01, 2016, 03:53:46 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
I wanted to mean "obscure" for the less known characters from Capcom side roster on MvC games[If compared with the well known SF, and some others from the new generation(At that time) like Dante and Viewtiful Joe], but you're right the most obscure character from all those is Saki.

I wonder who will be the next character from the classic age will comes out, like they did with Arthur and Saki.
- Donations is welcome

lui

#216  December 01, 2016, 04:08:34 am
    • USA
im going to guess that they'll pull from the more recent games capcom has planned or has released rather than relying on obscure characters. umvc3 didnt even have that many besides arthur, amaterasu was beloved as a cult-classic so she was already known.

I WANT THEM TO BRING BACK MEGAMAN VOLNUTT GOD DAMN IT
#217  December 01, 2016, 04:12:01 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
I hope they can bring Rockman X once for all, and if they brings Zero, the Zero from Cyber Elf time.

It's more than about time to bring X on a crossover fighting game. But if we have at least any Megaman to represent I will be happy \o/
- Donations is welcome
#218  December 01, 2016, 04:13:53 am
You'll get derp ass Zero again and you're gonna like it.
#219  December 01, 2016, 04:17:36 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

lui

#220  December 01, 2016, 04:20:06 am
    • USA