YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830560 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#401  December 04, 2016, 12:08:00 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Pretending at all Capcom has sense? These are the same people who thought a rootkit was the best option for security measures.

"OUR GAMEJUST TANKED LETS DO A BIGGER ONE QUICK!!!"
thats not "logic" in any sense of the word, thats just bullshit. No company reacts like that, when a product fails the reaction is not "ANOTHER ONE!" as they throw their cups to the wall.

Had SFV failed in any sense of the word they wouldnt be piling up all their resources on another fighting game.
They would just shift to publishing only Resident evil and dead rising again.
#402  December 04, 2016, 12:19:19 am
i disagree.
unlike sfv, mvc3 is a safe bet. it's more accessible to casual gamers because of it's flashy gameplay and having marvel's most famous characters will make marvel fans go out of their way to buy it. plus, capcom has learned their lesson, they're including a story mode like mk's (probably pre packed in the game unlike sfv), which is more likely to get casual gamer to it.

mvc3 is capcom's way of earning back their loses from sfv imo. also, having an active fgc scene for sfv has no relation whatsoever with the game's commercial performance
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#403  December 04, 2016, 12:19:32 am
  • The Goddess Returns
They just said there would be another fighting game until 2020 and here comes MvC:I.
where

Here:
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/nov/24/ono-support-street-fighter-5-planned-2020-no-other-fighting-titles-are-set-be-released-time/

"and let's not miss the chance to announce that game in the middle of a tournament of the very same game that tanked so hard too"
Pretending at all Capcom has sense? These are the same people who thought a rootkit was the best option for security measures.
Those two things have nothing to do with each other and they're definitely not the same group of people.

1. SF5 actually did tank very hard of their expectations and they haven't even made 100K sales since like May. They expected 2 million by March and only shipped 1.4mil

2. How in the hell is that not the same group of people? The point is that Capcom has to APPROVE of shit like that because that's how businesses work.
Come on, you know better than that.

"OUR GAMEJUST TANKED LETS DO A BIGGER ONE QUICK!!!"
thats not "logic" in any sense of the word, thats just bullshit. No company reacts like that, when a product fails the reaction is not "ANOTHER ONE!" as they throw their cups to the wall.

Had SFV failed in any sense of the word they wouldnt be piling up all their resources on another fighting game.
They would just shift to publishing only Resident evil and dead rising again.

Again, it's Capcom. And oh yeah, Street Fighter 3rd Strike came out a year before Marvel vs. Capcom 2. And I'm pretty certain that if I look around, there was definitely a fighting game Capcom made before SF4 came out...oh right, Capcom Fighting Evolution for starters.

That was a simple google search.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#404  December 04, 2016, 12:20:21 am
    • USA
probably the best Logo in the mvc, unlike mvc3s plain title logo

has kind of a retro look
Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:20:52 am by ☺Saint
#405  December 04, 2016, 12:23:09 am
2. How in the hell is that not the same group of people? The point is that Capcom has to APPROVE of shit like that because that's how businesses work.
The people handling the creative stuff with Marvel, deciding who gets in and how they look, are most definitely not the same people who make decisions on infrastructure and technology. Don't act like you don't understand what I'm talking about.
Again, it's Capcom. And oh yeah, Street Fighter 3rd Strike came out a year before Marvel vs. Capcom 2. And I'm pretty certain that if I look around, there was definitely a fighting game Capcom made before SF4 came out...oh right, Capcom Fighting Evolution for starters.
The Capcom fighter dry spell after SF3/MvC2 up to SF4 is well known. Namedropping a notable failure that cost them nothing and gave them even less (CFE) is not a good example of whatever point you're making.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 12:28:15 am by Byakko
#406  December 04, 2016, 12:27:25 am
    • Brazil
It has Megaman, so its already a big step, when it comes to roster, at least.
#407  December 04, 2016, 12:29:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

That was a simple google search.

what is even the point you are trying to make?

You googled searched games? Congrats?
You think that this changes that Fighting games were almost dead for ten years and somehow are not a common genre anymore and have become a niche and are much more of a risk than other types of games?

If SFV had failed as hard as you all seemed to believe capcom wouldve just pulled out on all their fighting game shit, theyve no reason to invest on dying properties. This feels like its more of a meme that you are repeating about troll onos and crappycapcoms than anything rooted in reality.
#408  December 04, 2016, 01:05:58 am
  • The Goddess Returns
The people handling the creative stuff with Marvel, deciding who gets in and how they look, are most definitely not the same people who make decisions on infrastructure and technology. Don't act like you don't understand what I'm talking about.
The Capcom fighter dry spell after SF3/MvC2 up to SF4 is well known. Namedropping a notable failure that cost them nothing and gave them even less (CFE) is not a good example of whatever point you're making.

For the first one, you are forgetting that CAPCOM is going to be making and designing the game. Marvel is mainly going to give them tips and other things to follow up on. Just like MvC3, this is more of Capcom's baby with Marvel's supervision.

For the second one, that's still my point because they still made fighting games even after SF3's failure. Whether they was successful or not does not dismiss any point I made, same with you Ice.
As Gennos said, they are basically making this game to recoup their losses from SF5, that should be obvious to anyone keeping up with SF5's failure.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

lui

#409  December 04, 2016, 01:12:57 am
    • USA
...that's not how companies work. sfv didn't sell as much as sfiv sure, but it didnt tank as hard as you say.

having a company spend all their resources, on another entry in the niche and risky fighting game with licensed characters no less, trying to "recoup" losses is bullshit and makes no sense.
#410  December 04, 2016, 01:18:23 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Soooo UMvC3 coming to PC? After all these years? Why haven't they done that before :S

Either way I guess I'm semi-interested in buying it, on one hand I'll love getting to play with Rocky, Nemesis, Frank, Tron and etc etc again... on the other hand, Zero, TAC infinites and One-hit kill combos still pisses me off... but still, I think I'll try it out again.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#411  December 04, 2016, 01:19:09 am
  • The Goddess Returns
...that's not how companies work. sfv didn't sell as much as sfiv sure, but it didnt tank as hard as you say.

having a company spend all their resources, on another entry in the niche and risky fighting game with licensed characters no less, trying to "recoup" losses is bullshit and makes no sense.

Considering people do up and buy Marvel vs. Capcom(past Ultimate but that was due to releasing it WAY too early in MvC3's life cycle), I would say even with the riskiness, it's still enough to make them some cash back.

#412  December 04, 2016, 01:19:40 am
For the first one, you are forgetting that CAPCOM is going to be making and designing the game. Marvel is mainly going to give them tips and other things to follow up on. Just like MvC3, this is more of Capcom's baby with Marvel's supervision.
How stupid can you be ? I'm not saying the guys doing the design aren't from Capcom, I'm saying they're not the same guys as the tech people. They don't even talk to them. Whoever made the decision of adding a rootkit is NOT one of the guys who came up with designs and animations, and probably has never even spoken to them either. Both of those decisions have nothing to do with each other. Don't be such an idiot.
For the second one, that's still my point because they still made fighting games even after SF3's failure. Whether they was successful or not does not dismiss any point I made, same with you Ice.
Yes, it completely dismisses them. Capcom was notoriously sure that fighting games were pretty much dead after MvC2 and there was nothing worth doing until Ono convinced them otherwise. CFJ being shit is actually proof of that because they ditched Capcom Fighting All Stars because they thought it wouldn't work, and instead decided to go for a game that required NO EFFORT AT ALL. This exactly means that they did not want to invest any money, time and work beyond tossing some code they already had and repackaging it to sell nothing. CFE is not proof that they still wanted to make fighting games, it's proof they didn't want to invest anything in fighting games anymore.
You have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and you just want to find validation of your theory that Capcom is terrible.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:25:30 am by Byakko

lui

#413  December 04, 2016, 01:22:22 am
    • USA
Soooo UMvC3 coming to PC? After all these years? Why haven't they done that before :S

Either way I guess I'm semi-interested in buying it, on one hand I'll love getting to play with Rocky, Nemesis, Frank, Tron and etc etc again... on the other hand, Zero, TAC infinites and One-hit kill combos still pisses me off... but still, I think I'll try it out again.

don't forget the mods! you know they'res gonna be a ton of mods for it

Considering people do up and buy Marvel vs. Capcom(past Ultimate but that was due to releasing it WAY too early in MvC3's life cycle), I would say even with the riskiness, it's still enough to make them some cash back.

umvc3 was supposed to be seperate dlc for vanilla 3, but the tsunami that happened in japan at the time halted it and instead of delaying the dlc even more by releasig it seperately they decided to put it all in one huge update disc
#414  December 04, 2016, 01:25:12 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You dont recoup losses by investing in more development, specially with licenses as expensive as these.

The only way to recoup a "loss" would be to get more people interested in buying the "loss" product, not by developing a completely separated product.

Fighting games as a whole were dead for a ton of time, if they stop being profitable they'll be dead again before someone can tweet out about "#trollono"
#415  December 04, 2016, 01:26:21 am
  • The Goddess Returns
How stupid can you be ? I'm not saying the guys doing the design aren't from Capcom, I'm saying they're not the same guys as the tech people. They don't even talk to them. Whoever made the decision of adding a rootkit is NOT one of the guys who came up with designs and animations, and probably has never even spoken to them either. Both of those decisions have nothing to do with each other. Don't be such an idiot.
Yes, it completely dismisses them. Capcom was notoriously sure that fighting games were pretty much dead after MvC2 until Ono convinced them otherwise.

I'm honestly wondering the same thing Byakko because you are definitely making yourself look moronic. No fucking shit no one is talking about artists or designers or even those who make the fucking options. I'm talking about the higher ups as I thought I made very clear from my first sentence. But hey, continue on with the name calling, I'm sure it will get you somewhere in life.
And yes, I'm talking also about those same higher ups who could and would probably make some ridiculously stupid action that can make MvC:I as bad as SFV. Marvel does not control everything nor even massively help in the game making process, they are the equivalent to counselors.

And no that doesn't dismisses my point and it still doesn't. If Capcom was so dead certain making sure fighting games was dead after MvC2, why even try and make Capcom All Stars, let alone Capcom Fighting Evolution? Why not scrap it entirely? Your point makes no sense.

#416  December 04, 2016, 01:26:47 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Can't we just all be happy and celebrate today that another Marvel vs. Capcom game is in the works instead of fighting and insulting each other?
#417  December 04, 2016, 01:29:34 am
No fucking shit no one is talking about artists or designers or even those who make the fucking options. I'm talking about the higher ups
And I thought I was being pretty damn clear in explaining to you that you are wrong to do that. Why are you not getting this. You're trying to dismiss the design choices based on the tech choices, but the two have nothing to do with each other. The person who decided to put a root kit has no hold whatsoever on the guys designing the characters and animation. Claiming that the overall game design will be bad just because someone put a rootkit is fucking mental.
And no that doesn't dismisses my point and it still doesn't. If Capcom was so dead certain making sure fighting games was dead after MvC2, why even try and make Capcom All Stars, let alone Capcom Fighting Evolution? Why not scrap it entirely? Your point makes no sense.
All Stars DIED FOR THAT EXACT REASON. CFE cost NOTHING to make, they hoped to sell enough to make up for what they wasted on All Stars. Why are you not getting this.
Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:52:27 am by Byakko
#418  December 04, 2016, 01:30:34 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
don't forget the mods! you know they'res gonna be a ton of mods for it

I totally forgot about that, man the mods for this can be so insane... someone better make Nemesis turn into Q then :D
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#419  December 04, 2016, 01:31:35 am
thats exactly how companies work, they take risks. but i wouldn't really call mvc3 a risk, it's a game that was long requested by fans and will feature marvel's best lineup. it's basically selling itself like a cold bottle of water in a hot summer.
capcom were expecting sfv to sell atleast 2 mil copies, but it couldn't even reach that far. it only sold 1.4 mil, now i admit, that is not a very heavy loss but it's still a loss nonetheless, so why should they just sit around and keep supporting a game that didn't make them enough profit? making another entry in one of their other most successful is a very logical thing to do.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#420  December 04, 2016, 01:33:45 am
That's a good point, and now let's remember they are in fact still supporting SF5. They made it very clear that they are already prepared to support it at least through 2020 and maybe more.
So yeah, what kind of success do you plan to support for the next 4 years ?