YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830350 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#601  December 06, 2016, 08:27:13 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#602  December 06, 2016, 12:28:04 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
As far as the Street Fighter reps in this game, I wouldn't mind having one for each of the games that they debuted in, makes for about six Street Fighters in total. If I were to have my way, I'd have:

Ryu [SF1]
Chun-Li [SF2]
Charlie [SFA/SFZ]
Gill [SF3]
Juri [SF4]
Rashid [SF5]
#603  December 06, 2016, 01:02:34 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Street Fighter's gonna be predictable enough, sadly.  They'll feel obligated to include the vs Series staples, so Ryu, Chun-Li, and Akuma.  Historically they've always had someone from the newest iteration at the time, so probably Rashid.  And with how limited the initial roster's rumored to be, that's probably all we'll get from there, at least at first.

For Darkstalkers if they get any other characters it'll probably be Felicia, although I'd love to see Hsien-Ko come back.  Most of the cast relies too heavily on transformations and squash-and-stretch in their animations to look any good the art style they've got going on here.  B.B. Hood's the only other one I can think of that could work.

I wish they could do what they did in MvC1 and make Ryu have Ken and Akuma's movesets via a super, 3 shotos in one, boom 3 potential slots saved all in one character. Chun is going to be in yeah, but now we have 2 characters that's been in every MvC game which is a good thing.

Now this can make up for more slots for SF newcomers without over representing the series, at least two more. Add in a SF5 rep, and then either a SF3 or SF4 rep (maybe one of them as DLC so all games are represented, with the exception of Alpha but again DLC is always a thing).

It'd be a smart move imo, rather than adding Akuma and take another slot for what could be a newcomer just make Ryu have that swap thing in MvC1.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#604  December 06, 2016, 01:11:32 pm
With how Gouki has been drifting away from the shotos slowly but surely in all his appearances, there's no way they're merging him back into one character with Ryu. If anything, Gouki is always the one guy far above Ryu who can stand up to the Marvel monsters, he's good to balance out how Marvel can seem overpowered compared to Capcom. He's not getting fused into Ryu anymore.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#605  December 06, 2016, 02:44:00 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Just give me characters from battle Circuit, Giga Wing and Red Earth. And Adam Warlock.
#606  December 06, 2016, 02:46:19 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
You already said that. No need to be a broken record.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#607  December 06, 2016, 09:41:58 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
How about Dino Crisis?

I'm hoping there would also be mid boss like in TVC. The Red Earth characters would be perfect.

Also how popular is RE5 Jill compared to RE1/RE3 Jill? I'm curious as to which Jill will be getting.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#608  December 06, 2016, 09:49:44 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm hoping they drop Jill for a new RE protagonist.  Specifically Leon.
#609  December 06, 2016, 09:53:16 pm

I'd actually want them to drop Chris for Leon, Chris was great in MvC3 but I think Leon should have his time to shine in an MvC title too.

Are there any RE characters worth putting in outside of Jill, Nemesis, Wesker, Chris and Leon anyway? The last two would feel kinda similar anyway so I guess only 4 slots at best.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#610  December 06, 2016, 09:57:20 pm
Are there any RE characters worth putting in outside of Jill, Nemesis, Wesker, Chris and Leon anyway? The last two would feel kinda similar anyway so I guess only 4 slots at best.
ada wong from re4 would be awesome, and if they want to put another monster william berkins would be great too.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#611  December 06, 2016, 10:11:05 pm

Here's a classic

EDIT: wrong thread?
Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:16:36 pm by Titiln
#612  December 07, 2016, 12:40:46 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

I'd actually want them to drop Chris for Leon, Chris was great in MvC3 but I think Leon should have his time to shine in an MvC title too.

I'd really like Leon, Jill (with her moveset being from mvc1 but either without or with different strikers and her revelations outfit), and Wesker. That's a good spread of RE representations and you can put punisher in the game instead of Chris because I feel their move sets would be too similar otherwise.
#613  December 07, 2016, 12:54:19 am
But Leon would still have about the same amount of weaponry as Punisher wouldn't he? You know, grenades, pistols, automatics, etc. Kinda hard to differentiate imo.

And yeah I guess Tyrant would be good, he did make a cameo in one of Jill's supers in MvC2, guess he would be fun (and to be fair the MvC series could use more grotesque monsters like Nemesis in UMvC3). scratch that I thought he looked similar to Tyrant just by googling his name >__>
#614  December 07, 2016, 01:14:56 am
    • Brazil
I don't know why they added Chris in MvC3 since RE5 is seen by most as a really bad game on the series, while RE4 was seen as one of the best of its time, so, Leon should have been the obvious choice.
#615  December 07, 2016, 01:19:02 am
it was the most recent game at that point and chris was also in resident evil 1
#616  December 07, 2016, 01:41:50 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Even though Leon was in perhaps the besg game, Chris and Jill are still pretty much the faces of the franchise.

And RE5 was received pretty well, so yeah.
#617  December 07, 2016, 01:59:58 am
the common opinion i've seen is that re5 is not as good as re4 but it's still a good game

re6 on the other hand
#618  December 07, 2016, 02:14:38 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Do you guys think they'll drop Jill for Alice?
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#619  December 07, 2016, 02:21:28 am
re5 is not a good re game, it barely has any survival horror elements. but it is a fun little action game with cool multiplayer options.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#620  December 07, 2016, 02:29:08 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA