YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 829950 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#661  December 07, 2016, 11:38:45 pm
    • USA
I really want to see crossbones and there
#662  December 08, 2016, 12:00:01 am
#663  December 08, 2016, 12:17:57 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Heres something from back then
http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelvscapcom/go/thread/view/102977/28270731/UMvC3_DLC_survey_results
Marvel
1. Gambit - 615
2. Venom (Brock) - 561
3. Ms Marvel - 447
4. Cyclops - 294
5. Psylocke - 268
6. Green Goblin - 236
7. Black Panther - 204
8. Carnage - 202
9. Anti-Venom - 191
10. Squirrel Girl - 168

Capcom
1. Megaman X - 1075
2. Gene - 647
3. Megaman Classic - 263
4. Jin - 197
5. Jon Talbain - 195
6. Captain Commando - 192
7. Date Masamune - 144
8. M. Bison - 137
9. Megaman EXE - 118
10. Jedah - 108
10. Bass EXE - 108

#664  December 08, 2016, 12:25:03 am
that poll would probably look way different now with all the movies and shit
#665  December 08, 2016, 12:25:33 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Hell Yeah, Gene is still a top fave.
#666  December 08, 2016, 12:27:29 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Aww no love for them capcom girls. Nobody wants Roll to return to Marvel vs. Capcom? Not even Regina made it into the top ten? Blasphemy.
#667  December 08, 2016, 12:30:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
that poll would probably look way different now with all the movies and shit

I think its interesting both Captain marvel ( ms marvel at the time) and X are in the results and are the first two new revealed characters.
#668  December 08, 2016, 12:41:21 am
    • Mexico
Venom and Anti-Venom in the top 10  :shifty:
That's the second dumbest choice I've ever seen in a character poll. Just behind Goku and Shrek in Smash.
#669  December 08, 2016, 12:49:24 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
another, older, poll.

this from before ultimate

http://www.capcom-unity.com/marvelvscapcom/go/thread/view/102977/27061421/Marvel__Capcom_DLC_survey_results__round_2_info

Marvel characters
1. Venom - 2034
2. Gambit - 1704
3. Cyclops- 1110
4. Ghost Rider - 1095
5. Carnage - 992
6. Psylocke - 967
7. Ms Marvel 792
8. Dr Strange 758
9. Night Crawler - 757
10. Green Goblin - 748
11. Iron Fist - 553
12. Juggernaut - 538
13. Daredevil - 500
14. Cable - 497
15. Rogue - 496

Capcom characters
1. Strider 2094
2. Mega Man X - 2061
3. Phoenix Wright - 1734
4. Frank West - 1311
5. Gene - 1257
6. Classic Megaman - 950
7. Vergil - 919
8. Captain Commando - 784
9. Bison - 704
10. Jin Saotome - 677
11. Jon Talbain - 617
12. Bass.Exe - 606
13. Ken - 469
14. Leon Kennedy - 419
15. Cammy - 416
#670  December 08, 2016, 01:17:40 am
I'd have a good feeling Gene will appear in this game. He's near the top in every poll, and isn't a nostalgia draw from past games unlike most of the names there.
#671  December 08, 2016, 01:36:07 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
As much as I want to see cyclops I doubt they'll add him with how badly they've treated him

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I do wonder what X-Men will appear tho.
#672  December 08, 2016, 02:21:04 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Ms. Marvel is also extremely popular, her book is still selling great, and she has a visually distinct and interesting power set that'd be perfect for a fighting game. Definitely seems like one of the most obvious possible newcomers, along with Captain Marvel and Black Panther.

I think it's very easy to read too much into the whole "roster will be determined by what movies are coming out"; it definitely plays a factor, but it wasn't the only determining factor for MvC3's roster, and now that Marvel Studios has branched off from Marvel itself and become its own distinct entity, there's actually less of a reason to expect the roster to be impacted entirely by the movie line-up. They have a whole buncha other characters they want to promote too!

That's a lot of the reason why I'm expecting Squirrel Girl to make it in, because she's been getting a TON of push lately.  She's got her own ongoing book that's been getting great reviews, a graphic novel that just came out, she's on track to be a member of two separate teams of Avengers, she's been playable in every major Marvel universe game in the last 4 or 5 years, and she's about to headline a new MCU TV series based on a superhero team she's never even been a part of!

Marvel really wants people to care about Squirrel Girl (which they should! She's an amazing character!), so she's definitely on the short list for newcomers this time around.
#673  December 08, 2016, 02:35:18 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
This talk of new Marvel characters (Or rebooted ones anyways, today's Squirrel Girl is quite different than her first appearance) has me thinking what does Capcom have that's a new property that hasn't been used yet?  I guess Remember Me, though beyond it getting favorable reviews I don't recall it exactly blowing anyone away or the main character being anything special.

Not that I'm pushing for them to look for newer titles for new characters necessarily, I'll take old Dante over new Dante, thank you.  But beyond Monster Hunter coming back into relevance recently, not much beyond Street Fighter V going on for them now that I know of.  And Monster Hunter doesn't have real characters, yeah?  I don't play it, but it's basically just straight hunting monsters for fun, no real story or NPCs and an unnamed protagonist?
Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:42:23 am by Long John Killer
#674  December 08, 2016, 02:38:14 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Please no roll in this game, her little ass was annoying to fight way to small. The mutants must make an appearance, wolverines still dead but old man Logan and Laura Kinney are around, deadpool is going to be in that's a guarantee
Cable should be in with deadpool
#675  December 08, 2016, 02:43:58 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Please no roll in this game, her little ass was annoying to fight way to small. The mutants must make an appearance, wolverines still dead but old man Logan and Laura Kinney are around, deadpool is going to be in that's a guarantee

If they put in TvC Roll in this, that would be pretty cool.
#676  December 08, 2016, 02:53:54 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
As much as I want to see cyclops I doubt they'll add him with how badly they've treated him

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I do wonder what X-Men will appear tho.
Well, the young one's still around! And just last year they had set the older one as returning to being a hero and leading the mutant community forward...

which was, of course, immediately dropped following Secret Wars because I guess no one working on the X-books was paying attention to the conclusion of Cyclops's arc?

Marvel really wants people to care about Squirrel Girl (which they should! She's an amazing character!), so she's definitely on the short list for newcomers this time around.
Definitely; if she isn't in the initial release, she'll be one of the first DLC characters.

This talk of new Marvel characters (Or rebooted ones anyways, today's Squirrel Girl is quite different than her first appearance)
While Squirrel Girl, in her first appearance, was certainly a thinly sketched character, there's a definite through line from that original appearance to the Dan Slott Great Lakes Avengers book, all the way to her solo series; where she feels like the same character throughout, but gradually expanded into one that can support a solo series.
#677  December 08, 2016, 03:04:25 am
    • Brazil
Speaking of Roll, I really think they should make secret characters like they used to do in old arcade games. I mean, considering this game is being said to be a soft reboot of the series, I think it would be cool to bring back those. I'd love to see Anita being added.
#678  December 08, 2016, 03:06:46 am
thats right just ignore all the replies to your shitty posts
#679  December 08, 2016, 03:34:00 am
    • USA
The good thing about a PC release is that we can mod the fuck out of tumblr Squirrel Girl should that design be the chosen one for her.
#680  December 08, 2016, 03:40:09 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I...have not focused on Squirrel Girl as much recently as I probably should have, and am not sure if I want to question what a "tumblr Squirrel Girl" qualifies.  I'm just going to pretend she dyed her hair and went vegan.
While Squirrel Girl, in her first appearance, was certainly a thinly sketched character, there's a definite through line from that original appearance to the Dan Slott Great Lakes Avengers book, all the way to her solo series; where she feels like the same character throughout, but gradually expanded into one that can support a solo series.
That's fair, I was just more meaning her irrelevance prior to being redone.  But I guess yeah, it wasn't remaking her character so much as putting more emphasis on her strengths.