YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 831638 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#681  December 08, 2016, 03:42:21 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The good thing about a PC release is that we can mod the fuck out of tumblr Squirrel Girl should that design be the chosen one for her.

IDK what you mean by tumblr but if you're talking about her Unbeatable Costume, it's actually one of her best designs:

Plus, they can always use both looks as alt skins like they did in Marvel Heroes:
#682  December 08, 2016, 03:44:11 am
the outfit is good, it's the rendition by that other artist that looks awful
#683  December 08, 2016, 03:47:11 am
    • USA
Yeah, I was about to say that. I can tolerate how she looks like in that particular cover but that's not how she looks like in the rest of the comic at all.
#684  December 08, 2016, 03:53:50 am

dream match never ends
#685  December 08, 2016, 04:02:47 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Ugh.  Unbeatable is genuinely greatly written book, but Henderson has a serious problem drawing faces.

It's the lips.  Every character looks like they've had a botched lip injection.
#686  December 08, 2016, 04:11:09 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
all it's missing is a red nose but yeah that's tumblr as fuck
#687  December 08, 2016, 04:30:17 am
    • USA
#688  December 08, 2016, 07:34:21 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

I...have not focused on Squirrel Girl as much recently as I probably should have, and am not sure if I want to question what a "tumblr Squirrel Girl" qualifies.  I'm just going to pretend she dyed her hair and went vegan.
Squirrel Girl from the past 2 years.

(so tumblr it almost blends into my signature)
#689  December 08, 2016, 07:43:34 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
...But that was funny.  I feel I'm halfway missing the joke because I don't touch tumblr at all, so all I got is it's an art site about man-hating Nazis and poor art.  I'm not particularly getting that here.

But I guess I also enjoy Steven Universe, apparently that's big with them, so whatever.  I'll agree the face is weird.

Also mentioning Galactus, I'd like to see a return of him as a boss mini-game, that was fun.  Not likely, I doubt he'll be a focus at all in the story so it'd be weird to give him something similar to last game fighting as him but I thought it was different and enjoyable.  Time better spent working on those other new characters though, I suppose.
#690  December 08, 2016, 07:48:12 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
...But that was funny.  I feel I'm halfway missing the joke because I don't touch tumblr at all, so all I got is it's an art site about man-hating Nazis and poor art.  I'm not particularly getting that here.
It's a pretty standard (for Ryan North, cuz that dude loves this stuff) fun with English grammar gag.

It's also not particularly representative of the series as a whole, but then again, that's what tends to happen when posting panels out context.
#691  December 08, 2016, 07:53:16 am
    • USA
Like Superman defacing the moon with his last words revealing himself to the world now and forever, showing off how swell a guy he is, until the next issue resets everything and he's teaching Jimmy life lessons by burning his Christmas gifts.

By the by, your guy in a Sailor Moon mask avatar's freaking me right the hell out.
#692  December 08, 2016, 07:56:19 am
    • USA
#693  December 08, 2016, 08:16:09 am
    • USA
Ok then.

I mean, I guess if you're going to have a weird dream of disguising yourself as anime to get into the mindset of the beast, Usagi's the way to go to make it creepy, sure.

Anyways, barring the Sailor Scouts guest starring, getting back on topic I get a feeling War Machine will be returning.  Revamped, of course, but matching somewhat to the MCU plus being able to recycle any old moves the new Iron Man will be dropping, keeping a somewhat similarly playing character for players who preferred the old version a la Dr. Mario to plain old Mario in Smash 4.  Rhodes is a pretty popular character in the movies too.

Only issue I foresee right away is War Machine's focus on machine guns and such, which spells spammable in a fighting game.  But people love that shoulder mounted gun, so I can't see him without it now.

lui

#694  December 08, 2016, 08:31:43 am
    • USA
actually no, war machine isn't as popular as you think nowadays, he's already dead in the comics too so that doesn't help his case
#695  December 08, 2016, 08:38:31 am
    • USA
I don't foresee being dead in the comics being a hindrance to their appearance in the game.  They're using the characters for a non-canon side project, what happens in MvCI shouldn't affect what happens in Marvel Comics and to an extent vice versa.  Now in comics, sure, there's more favorable characters than Iron Man's sidekick, but from a formal moviegoer's point of view Rhodes is a pretty cool dude who's Iron Man but replace the lasers with big guns and who cracks all the good jokes.  Granted, the supposed smaller roster size would also be a big factor as to why he might not show up, limited space does shoo out the clones but still.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up, is all.
#696  December 08, 2016, 08:50:47 am
    • USA
The current alive/dead status of any character is almost certainly not going to be much of a factor in the determination of whether or not they'll be added to the game.

To wit: Bruce Banner/Hulk is currently dead, Steve Rogers/Captain America is (maybe?) dead. And those two dudes are obviously gonna be in the game.

Aaaaaaand:
 - Doctor Strange wasn't the Sorcerer Supreme when UMvC3 came out, and didn't have any of his usual magical artifacts (they nonetheless appear in UMvC3).
 - Steve Rogers wasn't Captain America when UMvC3 came out.
 - And the biggest disparity of them all: Jean Grey/Phoenix had been dead for almost a decade (and is currently still dead) when UMvC3 came out, and TECHNICALLY SPEAKING the UMvC3 version of Jean, who wields the power of the Phoenix and is teetering on the edge of transforming into Dark Phoenix, is not really the actual Jean Grey, but instead seems to be the Phoenix-created duplicate body who saved the universe, went mad with power and became the Dark Phoenix, and who then died on the Moon. But that's just being silly and pedantic (and also possibly wrong, I guess Phoenix: Endsong Jean has the same characteristics?)

lui

#697  December 08, 2016, 08:55:40 am
    • USA
it's not the fact that war-machine is dead is what i was refferring to, it was the fact that since he IS dead he's getting pretty much no exposure  in addition to the fact that his solo comicbooks in recent years have sucked, his popularity in general has faded and the sales for those weren't hot at all iirc
#698  December 08, 2016, 09:16:15 am
    • USA
I myself don't think War Machine has much of a shot getting in either the initial roster nor the DLC, but I do think that his appearances in the movies have done far, far more for his chances than anything that's happened in the comics recently.
#699  December 08, 2016, 09:30:53 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
It's a pretty standard (for Ryan North, cuz that dude loves this stuff) fun with English grammar gag.

It's also not particularly representative of the series as a whole, but then again, that's what tends to happen when posting panels out context.
I'm still pissed he didn't use that opportunity to bring THON to the masses.

I'm gonna say it's not really tumblr-ish 3 volumes in. It got pretty close when they were talking about college clubs and the SJW and Gamergate clubs were staring each other down angrily, but that was the only one I remember off the top of my head.
#700  December 08, 2016, 06:30:29 pm