YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 830486 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#1101  April 27, 2017, 05:35:00 pm
SFA had dramatic mode so maybe that's what they're going for.
#1102  April 27, 2017, 05:35:49 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Man Ultron look so sick also glad that Thor may finally be a good character
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-

lui

#1103  April 27, 2017, 05:36:46 pm
    • USA
yo you can tag in during supers now????????
#1104  April 27, 2017, 05:39:17 pm
It feels like there was another game where you could....oh yeah Kof XI you could tag in during supers there too.

lui

#1105  April 27, 2017, 05:42:34 pm
    • USA
that's kof, this is mvc. that was never a thing in mvc till now
#1106  April 27, 2017, 05:45:18 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#1107  April 27, 2017, 05:47:33 pm
#1108  April 27, 2017, 05:47:52 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
https://twitter.com/darryh
Been reading a lot of hate and inaccurate assumptions about the game. Trust me, it's legit. You are going to have so much fun labbing it.
In just the hour or so I got to play it, I saw stuff that blew my mind. I cannot wait to watch the tech develop, to see this in the wild.
Combo potential is unreal. Tag mid-combo in the air. Ground bounces. Tag mid-hyper. You. Can. Tag. During. A. Hyper.
Power Gem increases hit stun - new combo. Activate Time Gem - CUSTOM COMBO.
Activate Space Gem - opponent on lock down. As in they are in a box and can't break out. All they can do is block or die.
Use Space Gem, push or pull your enemy. Equip Space Gem with Thor? Yank them to you and grab them. And then tag in your ally mid-grab.
Activate Time Gem, you are literally A-groove Bison. Except imagine you could tag someone in during A-Bison activate.
Looking really good. Cant wait
#1109  April 27, 2017, 05:48:40 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria

Seem like there was miscommunication since Ryce said Ryu shoryuken motion was gone but now its confirmed that Ryu still has his shoryuken motion and that others characters were changed
#1110  April 27, 2017, 05:50:57 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Put enemies in a box to force them them to just sit and block? MvCI conversions for Mugen better take years to make.

MvCI styled characters will be so... Ugggggghhh... Hopefully Realty gems act the same as MSH, they looked real fun there.
#1111  April 27, 2017, 05:52:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#1112  April 27, 2017, 06:02:38 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
http://kotaku.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-wants-even-newbies-to-have-a-1794685310

Yes.  :jester:

Four attack buttons.

Much like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Infinite features four major attack buttons, although they’re two punches and two kicks rather than the non-specific “light, medium, heavy, special” of 3. The L button is reserved for the Infinity Stones, and the R button tags. But there’s more control simplification, including the slaughtering of a sacred cow that some would say was long overdue to be turned into sacred hamburger.

Boo!   >_>

It’s a lot of fun to pull off a combo that sends one’s opponent up into the air in a Marvel game, and Infinite simplifies that little bit of joy—you can pull off a short ground-to-air combo (that ends with a super move, if the requisite meter is available) just by tapping light punch.

Blocking  actually turns off Tekken purists who've never played a more traditional 2D or 2.5 fighting game.
The developers are also playing around with replacing the shoryuken motion—the forward, down, down-forward move used to pull off Ryu’s iconic rising punch and other uppercut-style moves—with a double tap down on the D-pad. This removes one of the annoying barriers that keeps newbies from even executing basic moves; the typical uppercut input is much more difficult than, say, rolling the stick from down to right for a fireball.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.

lui

#1113  April 27, 2017, 06:18:56 pm
    • USA
The latter is perhaps the most surprising, as it affords players trapped within very little room for both horizontal and vertical movement—but they can still jump, block, and attack, so a caged player can be just as dangerous if you aren’t careful. During my time with Infinite, these situations provoked the most anxiety whether I was inside or outside of the box. Confining your opponent to a limited space means there’s a greater chance of catching them in your favorite mix-up, but it’s still easy to get countered if you aren’t careful. Fortunately, if you do get embarrassed by a caged enemy, they’ll have a hard time carrying you into the air or across the stage due to the vertical and horizontal restrictions.

space stone won't be as op as you think
#1114  April 27, 2017, 06:19:52 pm
    • Peru
From what I've seen, it looks like the gems work as VSkill/Vtrigger, right? You have some kind of special ability and some kind of "Hyper" which consumes the correspondent bar.

It looks like there re a lot of options in this game, and that makes a game deep. I'm hyped.
#1115  April 27, 2017, 06:36:09 pm
I see them as a hybrid of that and assists, as they can essentially act as the third man depending on the situation. Giving the two chars an extra ability that they otherwise wouldn't have. That's all I really want out of this game, room for creativity.
#1116  April 27, 2017, 11:34:31 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Put enemies in a box to force them them to just sit and block? MvCI conversions for Mugen better take years to make.
Expecting Marvel to not have stupid broken shit.
lol

It's a double edged sword in that the opponent can use it against you. But I imagine you would have to do bad timing or drop your combo for the opponent to hace a chance to use it against you.
#1117  April 28, 2017, 12:41:17 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Space Stone was the best part of that trailer. Excited to see what the others can do, I'm guessing they won't be too far off from the ones in MSH.

I just noticed, the fighters don't disappear when they're defeated in the middle of a match.

What if the Soul Stone could bring someone back to life?

This I have been reading from some online as well. There's more to than just visuals, intimidation and bragging rights with the KO'ed tag partners just remaining lying there--- Soul Ge-Er, Stone would probably come into play there and revitalize them. Though remains to be seen how much amount of health would be given to them. Maybe said Stone's Infinity Storm function will also utilize how much Power Bar stocks do you also currently have?

Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:47:24 am by T. Vinceson
#1118  April 28, 2017, 12:47:51 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Kinda half off-topic, but that Collectors Edition will not come with a Artbook, like on the MvC3/UMvC3?

I would love to see artists making their arts for this game, and Bengus making a poster flyer like he did on MvC3/UMvC3.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#1119  April 28, 2017, 12:51:19 am
    • Peru
#1120  April 28, 2017, 12:56:40 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol, senran kagura did that but it was a very different situation; it was released much later in the game's life, so it could get explained by having unsold le's and trying to sell LE's to people who bought simple editions at first (or digital).

tho, I see that working as a way to avoid double dipping for fans who want to have all LE bonuses, but don't want to buy multiple copies of the game, particularly people who buy a Le to get whenever and digital to get ASAP.