#582  January 28, 2013, 11:45:12 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Two idiots being idiotic?
Re: Decisions v2
#583  January 28, 2013, 11:55:34 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
By the gods... Duckass and Celest have collided.   It's like that old question about the unstoppable force meeting the immovable obect.  If both the object and the force were shitposting morons.

Mog

#584  January 29, 2013, 12:01:14 am
No one reported it, it's not breaking rules, they are having fun and I laughed all the way through it.

#585  January 29, 2013, 12:16:32 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
We're getting a lot of not work safe reports lately. So I'd like to discuss our policy on it just a bit. I think of it as "is this going to get people in trouble" kind of a way. Looking at both of these:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/m-u-g-e-n-discussion-re-m-u-g-e-n-screenshots-v2-147840.0.html

With skin colored legs intentionally made to look nude, including a color separated "slit" area that admittedly is slightly off center, and this:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/all-that-s-left-re-post-fan-art-thread-147847.0.html

Where she is topless and her head and hand is in his, at the very least, stomach area but ambiguously could be at his crotch. It looks like she's pleasing him sexually. I believe both of these, and images like this(including any nudity or photos that suggest explicitness) should be spoiled and have a warning placed on them for the sakes of younger users and people who view the site in public places.

This doesn't mean I'd want to crack down on stuff like the joke screenshots people post in the screenshots thread where it looks sexual because of the characters placement or anything. Already got some opinions from the first topic but I'd rather finish the convo here. Opinions plz.

Mog

#586  January 29, 2013, 12:18:34 am
I agree with you 100% on this Caddie. 
#587  January 29, 2013, 12:19:01 am
    • USA
OK, the sprite thing I can understand being spoiled, even though I personally don't agree with it.

But the Dr. Doom art? No way, that's absolutely insane. We don't need to spoil that! At worst it's innuendo.
#588  January 29, 2013, 12:47:34 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
How is it absolutely insane? She's topless, her panty clad ass is right there and up close, and she's head deep in his crotch area. You don't think that's at least debatable?
#589  January 29, 2013, 12:50:26 am
    • USA
HE HAS ARMOR ON
#590  January 29, 2013, 12:51:10 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Pft, yeah maybe on the SIDES of his legs. Don't know about that center though. Have you ever seen up Doom's skirt?
#591  January 29, 2013, 12:52:18 am
    • USA
Doom doesn't have time to put flies in his armor!

also, so what if she's topless? There is nothing explicit shown. The only thing questionable about the image is innuendo, and spoiling innuendo is insane.
#592  January 29, 2013, 12:53:31 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I dunno about you, but I sure as hell don't want to run into a pic of implied fellation while browsing the forum from a public place.
Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:00:57 am by Captain Bullshit Anime
#593  January 29, 2013, 12:54:11 am
    • Thailand
It's still extremely sexual. What's up with you and all these ridiculous technicalities?
#594  January 29, 2013, 12:57:51 am
    • USA
Yeah, I'm with them on this one Morph-Man.  It may not technically be explicit, but it sure as hell wants people to think that it is.  It's a picture of a topless woman kneeling in between a guy's spread legs.  There aren't a hell of a lot of other things it could be implying.  And in that case, yes, I would be in favor of marking something like that NSFW.
#595  January 29, 2013, 01:01:50 am
    • USA
It's still extremely sexual. What's up with you and all these ridiculous technicalities?
What are you talking about, technicalities? I'm not talking about technicalities. I just don't think this image needs to be spoiled. The only thing there is innuendo, and I don't think we need to go around marking everything that might contain innuendo.
#596  January 29, 2013, 01:05:32 am
    • Thailand
Can I post a picture of myself with a more than half naked girl with her head between my legs? Her fat ass will be coverd by slight;y wedged panties and her breasts won't ACTUALLY be visible. I'll wear clothes and have a cup of joe in my hand -- you know, to be casual. Just an innuendo, after all.
#597  January 29, 2013, 01:05:53 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Alright so we've been talking about this for a few hours now and majority staff think it should be done. Even Iced put it this way:

Iced says:
 "just spoiler it geez"
Iced says:
 who cares
Iced says:
 its not worth the debate

It's not gonna hurt anyone. I'm gonna spoil them both and mark a warning.

Jmorph is the reason you're fighting for this so much because [E] and Celest were the ones who made the reports?
#598  January 29, 2013, 01:10:39 am
    • USA
. The only thing there is innuendo, and I don't think we need to go around marking everything that might contain innuendo.

Nobody is suggesting we declare a ban on everything that might be construed as sexual.  That particular image is extremely risque and should probably be censored on this forum in some form.  If someone were just scrolling past it, they would definitely see it as a picture of a dude getting a blowjob.  You actually have to look at it for a while to be able to tell that it's not.  And therein lies the issue.
#599  January 29, 2013, 01:12:33 am
    • USA
Can I post a picture of myself with a more than half naked girl with her head between my legs? Her fat ass will be coverd by slight;y wedged panties and her breasts won't ACTUALLY be visible. I'll wear clothes and have a cup of joe in my hand -- you know, to be casual. Just an innuendo, after all.
I don't see why not? I mean, if I took a picture like that I'd probably spoiler it, but I don't think it's really needed. Plus, real life images don't have as much leeway, IMO.

Alright so we've been talking about this for a few hours now
Is this a bad thing?

Jmorph is the reason you're fighting for this so much because [E] and Celest were the ones who made the reports?
No? What?

Sure, they're known to have absued the report section, but that doesn't mean their reports should be dismissed entirely. I just think that for each case, neither of them really need to be marked as NSFW. And I'd rather avoid editing people's posts to add that. If a user wants to mark it themselves when the post it because they're not sure about it, I wouldn't care.

Nobody is suggesting we declare a ban on everything that might be construed as sexual.
I didn't say anyone was. :P

That particular image is extremely risque and should probably be censored on this forum in some form.
It's risque but I don't think it's particularly explicit. I think censorship should be an absolute last resort.
#600  January 29, 2013, 01:17:32 am
    • Thailand
Censorship? We're only spoilering the images, they're still allowed, they're just not immediately visible.

If the debate has to go on this long, then the images should just be spoilered because that's the safest thing to do and no one -- AT ALL-- is hurt.