YesNoOk

Decisions v2 (Read 419645 times)

Started by Valodim, February 07, 2010, 09:42:32 pm
Re: Decisions v2
#761  January 30, 2014, 04:42:59 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I didn't see anything in the moderation log about you locking a thread so I don't think it was you. Must had already been locked. But yeah, you have to be extra careful now that you are a mod when browsing on a smart phone. I tend to accidentally sticky threads the most -_-

Yup. My thumb apparently likes to hit "Modify" as opposed to "Quote." I think it actually happened three times yesterday. ;D

And people are fuckin' weird man. They post something, and when the replies get heated they either A: reply foolishly and stupid; unnecessary shit comes from it or B: They freak out and lock stuff. Really people!?

I feel better knowing I didn't lock it.

Posted: January 30, 2014, 04:59:56 pm
Unless if all of you other modding ninjas got to the resource tags before me, I couldn't find any topics that were labeled incorrectly. I skimmed through the first 7 or so and all is kosher. I'll skim quickly again but everything looks pretty solid so far. I'll do my best to keep my eye out from this point on and with new threads as much as I can. ;D

Posted: February 06, 2014, 04:42:08 am
Quick question: I went ahead and deleted a double post. It most likely looked like a mistake from the user. For future reference, would just deleting it and moving on suffice?? Or should I message the user as well??

It was reply #10/#11 from here:

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lambdadeltachansama-released-157123.msg1905044.html#new

I'm also unfamiliar with moving topics and merging/splitting as well.

All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#762  February 06, 2014, 05:40:27 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
It's usually best to just go "yo, you double posted" or something. Best not to use your mod powers if the users themselves are usually able to fix it.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#763  February 06, 2014, 02:54:00 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
There are still a lot of threads not tagged in the resource releases board. My computer's been messing up more lately so I've been using the phone and wii u for the net this week. Once my refund comes in for the hard drive I mailed off I'll buy another and be fixed up.

You'll have to look past page 7 to find them. As for moving posts are you having trouble with the feature or just knowing when you should move or merge?
#764  February 06, 2014, 04:25:39 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
cleaning up; i doubt anyone would mind if i delete the occasional years-old help thread there
being board janitor is thankless work
#765  February 06, 2014, 08:58:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Question: how would I go about turning someone into a Contributor??

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#766  February 06, 2014, 09:03:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Profile > account settings > primary membergroup

If they are donator only you will change their primary to contributor and their secondary to donator
#767  February 07, 2014, 03:58:22 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
So a report flag just came in for a necrobump. What would I do to handle this?? I was going to take action but my mind went blank. :pwn:

#768  February 07, 2014, 04:03:52 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
determine if it is a valid necro that should be deleted (for instance, things that have been bumped from 6 weeks ago are usually fine; a necro is only a problem if in one of the release/project sections or the request section; necros that have been replied to by the author probably shouldn't be deleted but it depends sometimes)

delete the necro and all posts following it

PM the user who necro'd and link to the thread, explain that their post was deleted, why it was deleted (it takes the spotlight from newer threads so we try to avoid needlessly bumping topics), and how they might be able to solve their problem elsewhere (PM the author or use the request section, generally)
#769  February 07, 2014, 04:05:30 am
  • tired
Can I just take this opportunity to say that I've really missed Brak's dad in your sig.

Jmorph explained it better than I could.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#770  February 07, 2014, 04:10:31 am
    • USA
New post because separate subject that I don't want to get lost.

So, those WLS Challenge stars. We are currently polling to see what we should do with the CotM/CotY stars, and it looks like the former will end up sticking for a year, and the latter forever. This makes the WLS star a bit of an oddity, because it's pretty unfair to people who've won CotM to have their star eventually disappear when people get to keep their star from an old challenge that is already a bit in the past. Therefore I propose we remove the stars and re-purpose them for some other contest, and then eventually take them away from those contest winners and so on and so forth.

Can I just take this opportunity to say that I've really missed Brak's dad in your sig.
Perhaps you would like to be introduced to my vacuum cleaner mother?
#771  February 07, 2014, 04:11:58 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
You read it, then decide:

Is it by the thread starter? Is it useful or relevant? Is it really old enough to be harmful?

More often than not, they aren't. Then you delete that post and any further posts (usually by a smartass guy telling the 'infractor' what he did, but without reporting it or telling him why it is wrong. Fuck you, guy.)

Then you pm the guy with a generic "your post was deleted. Please check the date blah blah " message, stressing the antiquity of the topic if it's several years old, or telling the user about our request board if he bumped the thread because of a dead link.

Finally, you mark the report as solved, and sit uneasily, knowing that the next one is never too far away.

Goddamed ninjas.

Yeah, the WLS contest stars outlived their purpouse (and Vans's adminship) for way too long. They need to go.
Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:15:58 am by The Mysterious Fubini
#772  February 07, 2014, 04:13:01 am
  • tired
I'm concurring with what you're suggesting for the WLS stars. I don't even see why they're lasting so long and yet everybody's throwing a fit about CotM/CotY possibly lasting forever. It's the same principle anyways.

Goddammit Brak's dad stahp.
#773  February 07, 2014, 04:40:09 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
An exception to the useless bump rule can be if someone posts a working link or it gets the author to discussing new aspects of the creation. If someone give a link I allow the bump to stay and warn in the thread itself with 1 more bump asking to be more careful.
#774  February 07, 2014, 04:43:12 am
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
But that means sending a borderline active thread to page 2 in favor of a release that could be several years old.
#775  February 07, 2014, 04:48:16 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Nothing's perfect. Moderator's discretion. I guess different mods can do it differently. I've done this and seen JMM do it.
#776  February 07, 2014, 04:50:02 am
    • USA
I would rather have the new link edited in the first post than leave the thread bumped. New stuff shouldn't be pushed down just so old forgotten stuff can have a new link.

If the author starts posting again then it's a different story.
#777  February 08, 2014, 06:57:12 pm
    • USA
Alright, it's time to talk about some very important, forum-shattering issues. That's right, it's time to talk about stars.

So, right now we've got a poll running to decide what happens with the CotM/CotY stars. Right now everyone who has won CotM has that respective star, except Balthazar, Cybaster, and The_None, because they have CotY stars. Depending on the final poll results, this may or may not change. Titiln suggested that the current CotM star looks like shit (it does, and I made it, and I feel bad, etc.) and that it be replaced with the orange WLS Challenge star. I think that would work well, but maybe if modified a bit (the CotM and CotY stars are white in the bottom right corner, and so I think either the WLS star should gain the white or the CotY star should have its white removed).

And then we should figure out how to continue the idea behind the WLS challenge stars (Vans recently mentioned he wanted to create more contests and remove the stars from the people who currently have it to award to the people who won the next contest, and so on, but got swamped with work and couldn't keep up), because that's a really good idea.

Finally, a few people (including me) have their MFG Network stars in the wrong order. It should go Admin/Gmod star (if user has one) -> MFG Network star -> Contributor -> CotM/Y stars (if user has any) -> post stars. Right now the affected users have the Network star all the way to the right of the non-post stars. This also makes it so that people who have a MFG Network star don't have their names show up in cyan, but instead in purple, like they're an ordinary, common contributor (who are lame). THIS IS CLEARLY UNACCEPTABLE.

people who are affected by this VERY SERIOUS, LIFE-THREATENING ISSUE ARE:
ME, JMORPHMAN (I know, it's horrible it could happen to such a wonder person like me)
Basara-kun
Cyanide
Thedge
#778  February 08, 2014, 07:25:56 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
    • Guatemala
- The white bottom's ugly. The unadultered WLS plus another solid color star would do the job.
- What kind of contests?
- Do as you wish.
#779  February 08, 2014, 07:26:24 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I suppose I'll weigh in furthermore once the poll closes.

While this may be an unnecessary question, perhaps we should see if people would want specific colors once the decision is made?? Figured I'd bring this up.

And what exactly does WLS stand for??

#780  February 08, 2014, 07:28:14 pm
    • USA
- Do as you wish.
Oh right, I forgot to say that I dunno how to fix it. I tried removing myself from various membergroups in various orders, but the stars always stay in the same order. This probably calls for Valodim, but maybe a regular admin can try first?