YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 747669 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1021  November 07, 2018, 04:57:46 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Can you blame him? I'm sure people annoyed him to death after Waluigi got deconfirmed, so I can imagine the same thing happened after they announced there would be five DLC characters. Its good for him to tell people to shut up, I don't think there is anything that can be done at this point regarding the roster.

Yeah, even I would be pretty annoyed after the 500th time someone asks for a character with 0% chance of getting in.

wow they got an entire shadowloo team to be spirits. that's cool

Indeed. Even I was surprised that they're going for some very obscure characters (to Nintendo fans I meant).
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1022  November 07, 2018, 05:03:54 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

Meh, sounds like petty complaining. He does realize by human nature they're going to go even harder, right?

Them's the brakes owning a series like Smash.
#1023  November 07, 2018, 05:49:25 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
He doesn't own anything though, he's contracted by Nintendo to develop the series.  There's no point on bombaring him with requests for something when the DLC characters are already set in stone.
#1024  November 07, 2018, 05:50:08 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Nintendo being involved with the DLC selection makes me believe we are not going to see Banjo or Sora.  Or a chunk of third-parties.

Hope you look forward to the 2019 Fire Emblem rep.

It'll be neat if they mixed in some of the newer SF cast like F.A.N.G or G.
#1025  November 07, 2018, 05:59:04 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Who knows, we have to wait 31 days for that.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1026  November 07, 2018, 07:35:19 am
    • Brazil
I'm already content with the roster and I'm glad they already confirmed that the 5 fighters have been chosen. Now I can tell Nintendo to shut up and take my money for the Fighter's Pass.

Also, Guile's not the only SF rep to be shown. Guile appears as a spirit alongside E. Honda, Balrog, Vega, Charlie, Blanka, Sagat and M. Bison. I also noticed Zack from FF7 appears as a spirit.
And Chun-Li isn't among them? Not even as a spirit?

Nintendo being involved with the DLC selection makes me believe we are not going to see Banjo or Sora.  Or a chunk of third-parties.
I fail to see why. We have many third-party characters that are not even Nintendo exclusive in the roster, nothing prevents others to show up.

Kirishima said:
It'll be neat if they mixed in some of the newer SF cast like F.A.N.G or G.
Yeah, no. Characters like Ryu, Ken and Guile at least appeared in Nintendo consoles at some point (Shadowloo is an organization tied to Bison, so it works too). FANG and G came in a PS4/PC game, they have pretty much no chance.
#1027  November 07, 2018, 07:56:22 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
With the announcement that Nintendo's the one who prepicked the characters, it looks like we'll be seeing a lot more promotional characters like Corrin and Roy.

A new FE character is a pretty obvious choice, but I can also forsee them wanting to put in a Pokemon Gen 8 rep, or a Metroid Prime 4 character.
Hell maybe they'll even do new characters from currently unannounced games or franchises.
Unfortunately, it looks like any Nintendo character not currently relevant has pretty much been shot down.  As well as any third party character, unless thier parent company managed to strike some sort of deal with Nintendo.
#1028  November 07, 2018, 08:38:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Switch FE Lord is definitely a shoo in now. I'm sure he'll be cool, but it's going to be disappointing if he's another sword lord because despite a lot of FE characters, FE could use better representation in Axe/Lance users(It's rather surprising that Hector wasn't even considered considering how popular he is).

Outside of Switch lord, I think they might throw a representative of a series they might consider pushing soon, let Namco throw someone else(I'm thinking Heihachi, Jin or Nightmare) and/or a surprise Third party character.
#1029  November 07, 2018, 09:50:23 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Even better is that according to SmashWiki, everyone's theme from the original Street Fighter II is included in both Type A (CPS1) and B (CPS2) variants.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1030  November 07, 2018, 12:46:49 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Hope you look forward to the 2019 Fire Emblem rep.
FWIW, Vergeben and a few other leakers who he considers to be credible have been saying that Nintendo has been working with a few other developers for the DLC.  There's still the unnamed Square Enix rep he keeps bringing up, as well as some sort of undetermined Minecraft content from Microsoft that he's sticking by as well.  Apparently Nintendo has also been having serious talks with Cygames about a guest character.  Katalina from Granblue Fantasy has allegedly been brought up by name, but they did recently work with Nintendo to develop Dragalia Lost so it could be someone from there.

On the Microsoft front, another source who accurately leaked how Spirits mode functions is saying that Banjo-Kazooie is coming.
#1031  November 07, 2018, 01:56:16 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Well Chun-Li isn't there yet but we'll have the complete list of spirits soon so no doubt she'll be there. I hope Feraligatr is one of the spirits, I'll die happy if it is.

And wait, the SF2 cast have BOTH CPS1 and CPS2 themes in the game!? But what about remixes? We got Vega, Ken, Ryu and Guile so far.
#1032  November 07, 2018, 02:50:14 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1033  November 08, 2018, 12:32:19 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Hope the rest get new remixes like Ryu, Ken and Guile did.
#1034  November 08, 2018, 12:36:42 am
    • Brazil
Well Chun-Li isn't there yet but we'll have the complete list of spirits soon so no doubt she'll be there. I hope Feraligatr is one of the spirits, I'll die happy if it is.

And wait, the SF2 cast have BOTH CPS1 and CPS2 themes in the game!? But what about remixes? We got Vega, Ken, Ryu and Guile so far.
In a way, I kinda like how she is totally absent, because that could be a hint at her eventually becoming DLC, which would be pretty cool.
#1035  November 08, 2018, 12:41:22 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Even though we're getting DLC, they wouldn't appear nor be used in World of Light.
#1036  November 08, 2018, 02:17:28 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

Today's Fighter
#40: Olimar
Captain Olimar battles by issuing commands to various types of Pikmin under his control. Pikmin come in different colors that correspond to different abilities. Olimar's alternate appearance lets you play as Alph!
#1037  November 09, 2018, 12:21:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Sakurai brought godsdamn Disaster: Day of Crisis into this. 
#1038  November 09, 2018, 02:34:20 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I'm going to be surprised if Crash Bandicoot is not DLC.

But, but Nintendo!
1. N.Sane Trilogies on Switch.
2. Heavily Iconic. (Nintendo, Sony and Sega's 90's rivalary)
3. Has 5 Nintendo exclusive titles to his name!

Could be more reasons to go by, but those are not bad.
I do want me some Banjo & Kazooie too, but Crash is my top most wanted 3rd Party, and I think it could happen at some point.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#1039  November 09, 2018, 02:59:35 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
today's blog is one of the new assist trophies that was featured in the final direct:

Today's Item
Yuri Kozukata Assist Trophy
The protagonist of the Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water game is now an assist trophy. If she gets you with her Camera Obscura you'll be paralyzed for a short time, so watch out!

qiuestion relating to this today blog: has anyone ever heard or played a fatal frame game before? i haven't
#1040  November 09, 2018, 03:00:27 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

I would so turn my view of Ultimate 360 degrees if Crash was playable.

So he's most likely going to be an assist, "spirit" and someone who dies.

EDIT: I have heard of Fatal Frame before. Horror game where you take pictures of ghosts.