YesNoOk

Broly the Legendary Super Sayan by ynvaser (Char) (Read 18850 times)

Started by ynvaser_, February 01, 2008, 02:17:43 pm
Share this topic:
Broly the Legendary Super Sayan by ynvaser (Char)
#1  February 01, 2008, 02:17:43 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Hi all!

I'm really new here, so I think the best start is a char release.  :sugoi:
I've made a char, after the famous DBZ character, Broly, from the movies. He's almost complete, now at version 0.8a, but has no bugs, and kinda playable.

Links:
[glow=red,2,300]Megaupload :[/glow] http://www.This link no longer works, sorry/?d=XOA9JJ0M
[glow=blue,2,300]Rapidshare :[/glow] http://rapidshare.com/files/88311783/BrolyLSSJ0.8a.zip.html

-Some screenshots:
Charging:

KI Attacks:

Share your toughts, and I hope you'll like him.
Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 02:33:13 pm by ynvaser7
Re: Broly the Legendary Super Sayan by ynvaser (Char)
#2  February 01, 2008, 04:38:37 pm
  • Masturbating to a dial tone
    • spaces.msn.com/couttsgallery/
I havent tried him, but even in the screen shots that you have posted the debug is flooded with missing required animations. You should probably try to get all the basics down before you release.
Look at my painting gallery. do it. its the globe under the avatar.
#3  February 01, 2008, 04:56:27 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Well, sorry for that, I just needed pictures quick, they are from an old release, but i will fix the missing anims.
#4  February 01, 2008, 06:29:56 pm
  • Dark Man X
  • TIP EHT FO MOTTOB
So is this guy worth downloading or not?
#5  February 01, 2008, 06:47:09 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
 >:D...If +850 views, and almost as many downloads at Mugen Infantry is enough for you...(Hell just download it and then you can say if it sucks or not)
#6  February 01, 2008, 07:32:34 pm
Ok is very good!, and good work!!, but its open source? ::)
#7  February 01, 2008, 07:43:09 pm
  • Victory Means Nothing ... The Fight Is Everything!
So .... your Broly is very nice and he is beatable and playable not like the other Broly's Godlike(that is very nice) ... so I test him and the onely wrong thing I see in him was when he performs the serie with LK he do 2 hit's and then he teleports behind the opponent and kick him in the back ... but when your opponent is on the far side of the stage and you do the serie with LK Broly goes onely for two hit's and teleports in front of your opponent and he don't goes for the last third hit ... and you can consider to make the entring of Broly not like but similar like the other Broly's ... with that I mean his entring is ..... hmmm I will just say not enough for char like him ... make it more epic  ;)

PS: and you will add some specials right ?
Reuben "Reu" Kee

You will not be forgotten my friend !
#8  February 01, 2008, 08:33:04 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Sam009: Please don't bucher him, just PM me what you need  ;) and my name to the credits list if you upload your creation somewhere (Don't simply copy my char!). If you make an edit out of him, then his name must be something like this_ BrolyLSSJ by ynvaser/modded by Sam009 (and my name to the credits list)

CoLD: Of course, some of his moves needs some perfection, but I mainly focus on his combo system, if it's done, then I'll make him some cool intros. And about the teleport finishes, I'll add a push helper to the side of the screen, so no problems will be with this in the future.
About the supers, I want 5 combo rushes, and maybe tomorrow I make him a bigger blast to D,DF,F z.

Thanks for feedback.
#9  February 01, 2008, 10:50:21 pm
  • Victory Means Nothing ... The Fight Is Everything!
sorry if my post sound like I order you but ... all of this was just an suggestion  --; and you don't have to mock out of me ... it was stupid and unnecessary :mean:
Reuben "Reu" Kee

You will not be forgotten my friend !
#10  February 01, 2008, 11:47:13 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Sorry if I offended you. I just sayd what will I do. And every feedback is good, just to make him a good char. I need other players ideas too, so everyone can enjoy playing with him. Post any suggestions about him here, you are free to do so.   :)

Going to sleep some, it's 23:44 here  :S
#11  February 02, 2008, 12:15:04 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
- I'm getting lots of debug error messages, including stuff about invalid shadow codes.
- Most of Broli's combos don't work on cornered opponents. He just kinda flies over them for the final hit.
- Hitting Broli out of his lv. 3 super keeps the grayscale SuperBG stuff present for about two seconds after Broli is hit.
- Aesthetically this char sure seems a lot like Necromancer's Broli, right down to the voices, sound effects, and KOF explosions!  ::)

mauricio1gonzalez

#12  February 02, 2008, 03:23:37 am
ehhhhhhh... ai is really tough... but otherwise good amost finish
#13  February 02, 2008, 04:06:38 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Might as well ask point blank: did you use material from Necromancer's Broli?
#14  February 02, 2008, 05:03:45 am
looks great in pic, havent try it yet
#15  February 02, 2008, 11:47:13 am
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
- I'm getting lots of debug error messages, including stuff about invalid shadow codes.
- Most of Broli's combos don't work on cornered opponents. He just kinda flies over them for the final hit.
- Hitting Broli out of his lv. 3 super keeps the grayscale SuperBG stuff present for about two seconds after Broli is hit.
- Aesthetically this char sure seems a lot like Necromancer's Broli, right down to the voices, sound effects, and KOF explosions!  ::)
I haven't added the some of the hit anims yet, just because some are never used. And with the shadow thingie, I don't know what it's problem. The KOF explosions are used in more than 100 chars, so it's not a necessary to steal from Necro's Broly. And I will fix the PalFX bug in the next release.

About the teleport finishes, I'll add a push helper to the side of the screen, so no problems will be with this in the future.
You should read all posts before you post.

Might as well ask point blank: did you use material from Necromancer's Broli?
No, I have a friend of mine who's making me sprites. As a base he used an old opensource spritesheet. And he shaded some in the effects, what I gived him (old, HD ones). And about the sounds: Yes, I've noticed that some of the sounds are exactly the same. They are from another friend of mine, he's tweaking some disco music as a hobby, so I gave him two movies, and sayd what do I need.

Thanks for feedback again.
Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 11:50:14 am by ynvaser7
#16  February 02, 2008, 12:48:03 pm
Ynvaser, you sucks.

That's the excellent Broly made by Necromancer, downloadable on Random select.

Next time, try to steal Dragonclaw, idiot...

;D
#17  February 02, 2008, 01:01:15 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu
Lol, this is Necro's Broly?

Have you downloaded it? Or you just looked at the picture. Oh, and I don't have time for idiots like you, if you have something valuable to say, then say it. Else, leave this topic alone.
#18  February 02, 2008, 01:23:52 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
True enough: I've SEEN the original spritesheet about at one point.  Far fuglier, but effectively the same, though the original sprites seemed HUGE compared to both: about 1.5x the size shown(Though this one's been 'cleaned up' in a different manner.)

You can expect this sort of thing a lot for a while: people are VERY sensitive about that sort of thing, and the similarities are large enough, at least in visuals, that it's an easy 'mistake'.  Not that that's really avoidable: Broli has appeared in little enough(Two/Three movies, as I understand it?) that there's only a few possible sources for sounds and voice clips, particularly if you use the Jap voicing, as The Necromancer did.  And Dragonball Z sound effects are fairly commonplace as is.

I'll check this out...Can't be any harder than The Necromancer's....

EDIT:

*Walks in, battered and bruised*

O.K, he CAN be as bad as The Necromancer's. 

I like that he's looser and faster moving, though I feel the same could be added to the crouching attacks.  They feel slow and stiff.

I have....issues....with the A.I abusing that multi-air kick to take nearly 50% of health with little trouble.  I'm still not sure how precisely he's DOING it, when similar efforts in training do far less.

Not sure about the speed of the power charge, when several of his normal moves(The combo enders, which you've got as counters as well) take power even when not used as counters.  Add trigger(s) so they steal power only when blocking or bring hit?
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 01:03:41 pm by Bloodly
#19  March 21, 2008, 05:41:35 pm
    • ynvaser.extra.hu

MV

#20  March 22, 2008, 01:24:00 am
    • www.mvsdownloads.zxq.net/
You didnt give credit to the person who did those sprites. I dont know if the person is fine with you using hi sprites, but since he isnt around anymore you can at least give credit where its due. The sprites were made by Toad.