Roster (Read 104660 times)

Started by BC, March 12, 2010, 02:19:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Roster
#81  May 02, 2011, 09:26:34 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Ultimate Blah...make him a boss character.  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#82  May 02, 2011, 10:34:22 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Normal Blah? Will talk with BC about it...

:rolleyes5:
#83  May 04, 2011, 08:43:50 pm
  • Shingo KICK!
    • sonicstar3000.tripod.com/

... are you STILL reading this?
#84  May 06, 2011, 12:42:11 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
I found a screenshot of Blah from the unreleased alpha of Street Fighter 3 Online:

He's Gouki and Gouken neighbor! A lovable baker who fell to the darkside of the Satsui no hadou when he had to defeat his rival in order to win the 32nd annual Shotokan Baked Goods Fight to the Finish!

Interesting note, his hair smells like marmalade.

[I couldn't help myself] :(
---------

On topic, do you have a storyline in mind for this game, or is this like a dream match type of game?
#85  May 07, 2011, 12:39:47 pm
  • Shingo KICK!
I found a screenshot of Blah from the unreleased alpha of Street Fighter 3 Online:

He's Gouki and Gouken neighbor! A lovable baker who fell to the darkside of the Satsui no hadou when he had to defeat his rival in order to win the 32nd annual Shotokan Baked Goods Fight to the Finish!

---------

On topic, do you have a storyline in mind for this game, or is this like a dream match type of game?
Thank you SO much. I needed to see what Blah looked like :)

BC

#86  May 14, 2011, 12:09:03 pm
    • UK

---------

"Interesting note, his hair smells like marmalade."

that is interesting because so does mine!  :P

about the story line I haven't got a scooby doo at the moment who knows. I'll probably get back onto the game once mech gief is out. He's gonna be in the game too by the way.
Accepting commissions
#87  May 24, 2011, 06:57:51 pm
  • Kill Kill Kill
lmfao
#88  June 07, 2011, 03:28:21 am
People say this is the timeline
Muscle Bomber (1981)
Super MB (1982)
Street Fighter & Final Fight (1987)
FF2 (1988)
SF Zero 1 & 2 (1988-1989)
SFZ3 (late 1989 - early 1990)
FF3 (1991)
SF2 series (1993)
SF4 (1994)
SSF4 (1995)
SF3 New Generation/2nd Impact (1998)
SF3 3rd Strike (1999)
FF Streetwise (around 2006)
#89  June 10, 2011, 11:48:25 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Muscle Bomber (1981)
Super MB (1982)
FF2 (1988)
FF3 (1991)
SF2 series (1993)
SF4 (1994)
SSF4 (1995)
SF3 3rd Strike (1999)

Yes, its been discussed many times and people will keep saying it.

The reality is that nothing in the SF universe really has a set timeline unles you divide each series into itself.
Its more about how Universaly Flexible the characters themselves were made to be towards the test of time...kinda like cartoon caracters...they don't really age, but the story always changes a bit.

It is very true that in many instances the characters display aging like for example Gouki's hair in the SF3 series, and of course the notable growth seen in Ryu and Ken throughout, but how can one really set a timeline when other characters like Sakura never seem to change.

You expect to believe that Sakura Kasugano is still wearing her trademark high school uniform since 1988 and doesn't appear to be done with high school yet in 1995? That's both dissapointing and dumb for a Japanese person, not to mention unrealistic.

And Final Fight, Muscle Bomber and Street Fighter only blend well because all games are Capcom property and were franchise games started around the same year....The blending of these franchises was more like fan service.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#90  June 14, 2011, 02:25:18 pm
  • Shingo KICK!
Muscle Bomber (1981)
Super MB (1982)
FF2 (1988)
FF3 (1991)
SF2 series (1993)
SF4 (1994)
SSF4 (1995)
SF3 3rd Strike (1999)
What I hate about this is how they judge SF3 and SFIV by "Sagat was good in SF3"
Can't he change it?

#91  June 15, 2011, 03:50:20 am
  • "The Future is Now"
technically sagat was either dead or missing in SF3. since SF3 takes place after SF4.

also maybe sakura has a school girl fetish? she likes wearing a skirt, attract men just to beat em up.
#92  June 15, 2011, 04:31:16 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Ok, I will say this once again.

There's absolutely no canon across these games except that most of them use some events from SF1 as a point of origin.

Now that we're talking about Sagat, I'll give you a good example that serves as proof.

Everybody knows that in SF1 Sagat got scarred by Ryu's Shoryuken manifested through the dark hadou, making Ryu very lucky to be the champion of that SF tournament. After those events, SF2's events are supposed to follow suit, however...sometime ago CAPCOM declared SF2 and all its other ramifications (champion ed, turbo, hyper, super, rainbow, horseshoes, clovers) NON CANON.

Why? Because they tried to fix the story to make more sense with the Zero/Alpha series. Which BTW, Zero/Alpha series take place immediately after SF1 but NEVER before SF2...in any case, they REPLACE SF2 and all the events that happened in it with a new story. The best proof of this is indeed found in Sagat's Zero/Alpha story where in SFZ/A3 he departs with Ryu in amicable terms saying that he wants to finish their match someday *cough cough SFIV cough*. On the other side, in SF2 Sagat hates Ryu as much as everybody in the Mishima family hates each other. :-\

For all we know Sagat probably doesn't even exist in SF3 series...there is absolutely NO mention of him in it...not even a cameo..NOTHING. There's also no mention of Ryu or Ken trying to avenge Gouken by pursuing Akuma...there's also no mention of chun-li trying to avenge her father...there's no mention of M. Bison (dictator) or Shadoloo for that matter, No Guile, No etc etc. It's all loose canon in SF3 series. SF3 is so isolated that you may even say it doesn't need SF1 as a point of reference. It is a completely new and different story built around the characters we already knew. It is a broken link in the Street Fighter universe...as much as I love it, sometimes I feel that Capcom didn't even make this game.

Ryon, that's cool about Sakura bro...but maybe its you with the schoolgirl fetish?  :D
Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:39:12 am by MaxBeta
#93  June 15, 2011, 01:59:20 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
there's also no mention of chun-li trying to avenge her father...there's no mention of M. Bison (dictator) or Shadoloo for that matter
Except Chun Li vs Urien's pre-fight quote:

Chun Li: I don't know what your scheme is, but I can't let you harm small children! Where is that girl?
Urien: How could you ask to see me for such a trifle thing? You must be a fool! I'll give you the girl, but you must entertain me in return. Your legendary legs are said to have destroyed "that organization." Let me find out for myself, if the rumors about you are true...

Hinting Shadowlaw? The continuity in SF has sense IMHO. Some of the facts in SF2 has changed because SFZ3 retcon and all. In SF4, for example, there's A LOT of retcones(dolls, sagat, dan, etc), but most of them has no sense, E.G: Gouken. Hello? Dragon Balls has resurrected him? :P!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#94  June 15, 2011, 03:29:25 pm
  • Shingo KICK!
technically sagat was either dead or missing in SF3. since SF3 takes place after SF4.

also maybe sakura has a school girl fetish? she likes wearing a skirt, attract men just to beat em up.
He could have stopped fighting. hen made a comeback. There is no actual proof of any Timeline. I think we need Ono's advice. O-O

#95  June 25, 2011, 06:17:10 pm

Hinting Shadowlaw? The continuity in SF has sense IMHO. Some of the facts in SF2 has changed because SFZ3 retcon and all. In SF4, for example, there's A LOT of retcones(dolls, sagat, dan, etc), but most of them has no sense, E.G: Gouken. Hello? Dragon Balls has resurrected him? :P!
[/quote]
First of all Gouken was never dead. He used the power of Nothingness to empty his soul. He was put into a comma and finally woke up during the time street fighter 4. I watch the series so nobody can tell me I'm wrong.
#96  June 26, 2011, 12:57:15 am
  • "The Future is Now"
your wrong.

capcom never intended to make him, due to horrid translations, there was a unnamed Sheng Long character thats suppose to be in the game. rumor rumor rumor years pass, capcom said screw it! lets make Gouken and give him a story that makes no sense.

so in a sense he appeared from nothingness.
#97  June 26, 2011, 01:55:21 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
In order for any timeline to make sense now, you have to consider SF3 as non canon anyway. At least the 20 years part. Gouken was a fan service.

As far as Sakura's outfit... she might just feel most comfortable in it? Ryu doesnt have to wear the outfit he does, he could probably fight without a shirt or something and be just as good. It could be a symbolic thing or something. I wear a headband when I do most things for instance. -shrug-

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#98  June 26, 2011, 01:51:13 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

First of all Gouken was never dead. He used the power of Nothingness to empty his soul. He was put into a comma and finally woke up during the time street fighter 4. I watch the series so nobody can tell me I'm wrong.

First of all, Gouken died because of the Shun Goku Satsu. The ONLY character that has survived it, it's gen, because he knew the process of the SGS. If Gouken hasn't died, Ryu would not want to avenge his master(Gouken), who DIED at Gouki's hands. This is a FACT and it's part of the CANON, so I CAN SAY YOU'RE WRONG.

As Lost_Avenger said, Gouken s just a mere fanservice, as Heihachi was in Tekken 5(he never entered KOIFT 5), but he's in the game because of the fans.

SF4 has a lot of mistakes in the story so, don't try to correct people who has been in SF since SF1 ;)

About the series...Well, it starts one year after the events of SF2(as they say!!) so there's something that troubles me...if Eliza9(Ken's wife) was pregnant during SF2 and a pregnacy state are...9 months...Did Mel need 21 months to get out of that bitch? wow!! I have seen the series, so nobody can tell I'm wrong!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#99  June 26, 2011, 05:38:54 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
All you've said only sounds like fan discontinuity to me.

BC

#100  June 26, 2011, 06:47:02 pm
    • UK
Actually you all talk bollocks....

-Ryu died at the end of SF2 because Blanka let out a huge fart after eating too many watermelons and it blew the top of his skull off.

-Gouken isn't dead him and Akuma had a heart to heart about his anger after Akuma sprained his ankle while attempting the SGS.

-Gen wasn't even in SFA because he underwent a heart bypass so his twin brother Dave had to step in... Gen actually has ginger hair.

No one can tell me I'm wrong because I AM Street Fighter, I am GAME.
Accepting commissions