#261  October 25, 2018, 07:34:03 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
lol, legitimate players.

Re: Soulcalibur VI
#262  October 26, 2018, 01:55:24 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

There's a reason why you have a causal match setting for games like this: So you and your friends can enjoy the goofy ass creations you and your friends made without distracting the legitimate players.

And to be honest, I enjoy seeing the crazy creations. Give me more Scaledong and less of the boring stuff.

Define "Legitimate" in this context please, because my mind just came up with about a dozen different definitions and I am not sure which one applies here.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#263  October 26, 2018, 01:58:55 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Legitimate in the sense of tournament level players.
#264  October 26, 2018, 02:14:08 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

If these Legitimate, tournament level players are so good at fighting games, then surely wacky characters wouldn't be an obstacle to them, no? The mere suggestion that wacky characters would be a big enough distraction to make them lose matches would indicate that their great skills would be an exaggeration. Or maybe I am over-estimating the abilities of these so-called tournament players.

Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#265  October 26, 2018, 04:12:01 am
    • Brazil
There's a reason why you have a causal match setting for games like this: So you and your friends can enjoy the goofy ass creations you and your friends made without distracting the legitimate players.

And to be honest, I enjoy seeing the crazy creations. Give me more Scaledong and less of the boring stuff.
Playing with created characters doesn't make anyone less legitimate, you know.

Players outisde of turnament level are also legitimate, not everyone is supposed to be high level.
#266  October 26, 2018, 12:32:32 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

not every single person that play fighting games are tourny level players, If fighting game were created just for Daigo level players than most people wouldn't even bother buying these games in the first place, which would lead to bankruptcy due to the failure of selling enough copies, and in the end the shutdown of companies.

most players play these games for the fan of it, a lot of these games also has bad net coding, so its not the same as playing in local tournaments.
#267  October 26, 2018, 02:23:13 pm
  • hecc
We posting creation shit because I got something
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
#268  October 26, 2018, 11:04:41 pm
    • USA
Okay, so that wasn't the best analogy there...
#269  October 27, 2018, 03:43:27 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA

Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#270  October 27, 2018, 05:33:38 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000

So this is happening. No complaints.
#271  October 27, 2018, 06:16:24 pm
    • Netherlands
Really cool to see the two most requested guest characters make it in. I really hope there is a chance for Dante or Cloud down he line too.
#272  October 27, 2018, 06:29:19 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Not really surprising considering how popular 2B is and the wild guest character choices from Tekken 7 (including Squenix's own Noctis), even though that was traditionally Soul Calibur's jam.
Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:32:59 pm by Foobs
#273  October 27, 2018, 07:05:39 pm
While I'm not really into sci-fi characters getting into Soul Calibur (the Star Wars guests kinda ruined that for me), I do have to admit that she does look awesome. Really interested in playing her.
#274  October 27, 2018, 07:07:26 pm
    • Germany
Mhhh She is the first Character that comes with a Second costume, I hope that means that we get some official Alternate Costumes for the Main Chars too at some point.
#275  October 27, 2018, 07:12:37 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I just hope they put a hand to hand fighter in at some point for the custom styles
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#276  October 27, 2018, 09:19:25 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Oh I can already tell I'm gonna have too much fun with CaS mode in this one.

#277  October 27, 2018, 10:23:59 pm
    • Brazil
I just hope they put a hand to hand fighter in at some point for the custom styles
Most people complained about how Devil Jin was terrible in competitive, but he was really good for the players who wanted a hand-to-hand fighter, just like Viola was great for a mage-like character.
#278  October 27, 2018, 11:46:47 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Yeah, I almost exclusively made characters modeled over Devil Jin because they could be done in the CaS, but look absolutely stupid with the weapons provided.

So, 2B....fine, I guess.  I've been sitting on this Day One copy of Nier: Automata since it came out and still haven't started it up because of my desire to do things in proper order and wanting to play all the previous Drakenguard games and the previous Nier before it, but I suppose I'll likely be playing this character in SCVI and would like to know about her more other than internet osmosis.  Which doesn't tell me much other than the game has a dozen endings, it really wants to pan the camera up her dress, the dev likes wearing a helmet/mask and is a rather horny guy.

Man though, reminding me of Cloud and Dante both just about almost making the cut previously then getting dropped, now I can't help but hope they're also in the season pass.  Despite it probably just going to be other fan favorites from SC games not yet in here like Hilde.
#279  October 27, 2018, 11:59:12 pm
    • USA
To me, having 2B in is a bit of double edged sword.

While it's great to see a decent character come in and bring new stuff along like music, a stage and parts for Create A Soul, this knocks off one of the characters that people wanted in like Lizardman, Hwang, Cassandra and Amy. There's now two open slots... I can expect both of them to be characters that are legacy characters like Hwang or even Hilde (and before I get flamed... Sorry, but unless they can rework either Cassandra or Amy to be less like clones, then those two aren't getting in. Deal with it)
#280  October 28, 2018, 12:04:52 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Really cool to see the two most requested guest characters make it in. I really hope there is a chance for Dante or Cloud down he line too.

I do rather have Squall or Ramza instead of Cloud since he is already a guest character in Smash.
Lasagna