YesNoOk

Show us cool stuff you just bought! (Read 1227614 times)

Started by Vans, November 21, 2011, 06:01:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: Show us cool stuff you just bought!
#1361  August 05, 2014, 07:28:38 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Recently, I took out my old Dreamcast out of my garage and saw that it still works; so I decided to buy some games for it.

Bought these off of eBay at a good price and both are in very good condition. My work weeks are gonna be fun now.   ;D
You have a good taste sir, can I ask how much did you paid for the MVC2 ?, am just curious.  ;D
#1362  August 06, 2014, 10:00:35 pm
You have a good taste sir, can I ask how much did you paid for the MVC2 ?, am just curious.  ;D

Thank you. =]
And I paid about $30 for MvC2. I think it's a pretty cheap price.

BTW I got something else in the mail.

Got D2 for Dreamcast. Brand new, factory sealed.
#1363  August 06, 2014, 10:52:46 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Yeah, the graphics are gorgeous, but what matters most is this horrible yet awesome game mechanics :
Those order tokens are what make Game of Thrones a Devious Bastard’s Game instead of a wargame. Come with me, friend, on a journey into the heart of darkness.

Every turn starts with all players simultaneously assigning orders to their armies by putting a token face-down in each region. These orders can be defensive, offensive, support, raids or the politics-boosting and entirely peaceful “Consolidate Power”. Only when everyone’s placed their orders are the tokens flipped and revealed, letting you see that your peaceful House Stark neighbours are raiding your lands, those Lannisters bordering you to the South have received marching orders while Baratheon aren’t, in fact, supporting your push East. Which is fine, because you probably aren’t doing anything you promised either.

[...]

The rules explicitly state that nobody can show anyone else an order token before they’re all flipped and made public, meaning alliances and cease-fires are at all times based on trust. The horror. Simply put, it’s this order token mechanic that makes Game of Thrones the fearsome, fantastic, entirely faithful game it is. Everything else is almost window dressing.

[...]

The thing is, even after you’ve flipped your order tokens it’s still possible for people to surprise one another, or wrangle new and ever wickeder deals.

One of the cruelest plays in the game is to tell a player you’ll support their attack, reveal a support token as normal, then actually support the other side when the battle is met. But you could go even further than that. Units that lose a battle are tipped on their side and considered “routed”, leaving said colossally odious player free to march on these routed attackers that were expecting your support, delivering the final blow that removes their miniatures from the game even as you conquer their territory.

Jesus Christ, we need more board games like that. Sounds wicked man.
#1364  August 07, 2014, 12:06:31 am
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Bought an nVidia Shield portable two days ago. awesome as an emulation machine despite some poorly optimized Android games and with the new Shield tablet recently out, mobile gaming might evolve.

Current Status: N/A
Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:21:51 am by Poemi Watanabe
#1365  August 07, 2014, 02:08:09 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#1366  August 07, 2014, 03:15:47 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Wow, nice ! I only played the demo of this game, and it was really great.
#1367  August 08, 2014, 12:58:24 am
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Thank you. =]
And I paid about $30 for MvC2. I think it's a pretty cheap price.

BTW I got something else in the mail.

Got D2 for Dreamcast. Brand new, factory sealed.
Fucking cow you have done an amazing purchase I paid $ 53 for my copy of the MVC2, that D-2 must have to know the price too, please
#1368  August 08, 2014, 01:25:14 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?

"Let's go... Berseker!!"
". . . . . . ."

also, kickhopper came with bowl of cup ramen. remind me again why was cup ramen relevant to him again? was it becasue it's lonely man food?

i also remmber him being a great cook but after he stopped being ZA BEE and that whole "PAAAFECTO HAMONY" thing blew up on his face when he returned as the agnsty emo we are dumb fucks spamming this site for ten years i learned to love he felt that fanccy food was too good for him and ate cheap instant food instead. amirite?
#1369  August 08, 2014, 01:45:23 am
Fucking cow you have done an amazing purchase I paid $ 53 for my copy of the MVC2, that D-2 must have to know the price too, please

I bought D2 for $69.99. Admittedly, it's a pretty hefty purchase but it's cheaper than other offers that were around at the time, especially for a brand new copy. IMO, it's a steal.

BTW
I got more games through the mail.

I'm feeling sooo giddy right now.  :D
#1370  August 08, 2014, 01:47:27 am
    • France
Oh god the hours I spent on these 2 games when I was a teenager ! :D (also the first time we could play on a console online, so yeah...)
#1371  August 08, 2014, 04:38:25 pm
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
BTW
I got more games through the mail.

I'm feeling sooo giddy right now.  :D
You should be feeling giddy after these awesome purchases, your DC collection is increasing in an excellent rate with pure power, have you consider on publish or showing your collection at the VG page ?, if interested please let me know via MP  :laugh3:
#1372  August 09, 2014, 04:09:52 am
You should be feeling giddy after these awesome purchases, your DC collection is increasing in an excellent rate with pure power, have you consider on publish or showing your collection at the VG page ?, if interested please let me know via MP  :laugh3:

I have but I'll wait until I have a bigger collection. Right now I have a few DC games but eventually, I'll publish it. I may even make a video of it.  :P

BTW new games came in today

#1373  August 10, 2014, 04:07:38 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#1374  August 11, 2014, 05:43:48 pm
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Damn that Rap totally looks like the one at the last TMNT movie  :smoking:

#1375  August 13, 2014, 10:37:46 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com

Some of the miscellaneous video game goods I've picked up as of late. Beat up NES cart in the middle is actually Contra; which I can't complain too much about since it was only five bucks. Anyone got a lead on affordable Final Fight Revenge I could get my hands on? Hah!
#1376  August 14, 2014, 02:02:20 am
    • France
Awesome ! :)
#1377  August 14, 2014, 10:56:04 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Damn I wish that those consoles were still famous when I was a kid. By that time, it was all about PS2. I didn't find out about SNES or even Dreamcast until was about 15 or 16.
Nice find anyway, I like playing really old games sometimes; it's actually oddly very fun lol.
#1378  August 14, 2014, 01:13:50 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#1379  August 14, 2014, 02:25:22 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Because I am a grown-up with disposable income.

Limited edition Comic-Con exclusive Mane-iac figure.  So glad I managed to get my hands on one before they sold out. Also?  I severely underestimated the size of this thing.  It is WAY bigger than the picture made it look.
#1380  August 14, 2014, 07:43:53 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Not sure where to ask, but does anyone have a recommendation for good headphones for Jazz and Acoustic music? Anything under $200 is fair game, and it'll wind up a cool stuff to purchase. :3