YesNoOk

Image thumbnails during stage select. (Read 3700 times)

Started by ade2004, December 27, 2010, 04:30:02 am
Share this topic:
Image thumbnails during stage select.
#1  December 27, 2010, 04:30:02 am

I have no problem using font factory, I have 34 stage thumbnails letters "A to Z" and numbers "1 to 8". The problem now is it's been a while so I don't remember what/where exactly in the stages I should change to correspond to the font letters and numbers, so I get results like this:

The 2nd image turned out well, but then again I'm not sure why...
Re: Image thumbnails during stage select.
#2  December 27, 2010, 05:16:53 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Fonts only take 1 palette. Even in 1.0 this is the case. You change the displayname of the stage to match the letter it's picture applies to.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  December 27, 2010, 02:13:34 pm
Not exactly sure if that made a difference, some are all over the place and some seem centered on the screen. Was I supposed to have made the thumbnails right next to each other in the font image pcx?

EDIT: another issues I think is causeing tihs is the original screenpack I am editing:

"stage 1: The pit1" etc is the format for all the stages, is that why I sometimes see 2 thumbnails? because of how it's reading that? How can I fix it? aka not make mugen display "stage 1:"
Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:29:11 pm by ade2004
#4  December 27, 2010, 09:56:11 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You're not displaying a Name. You're displaying a LETTER. Stage 1: The Pit should actually be called A for example.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#5  December 27, 2010, 10:16:01 pm
That's what I did, the problem now is through positioning in the system.def only 13 out of the 34 stages line up in the center, the rest are off to the right and one to the left.  :???:

is there a way to get mugen to not display the "stage X:" text?
Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:28:25 pm by ade2004
#6  January 13, 2011, 08:13:22 pm
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
I wish there was, but other than modding the engine, it won't go away.  I ended up have to set the letters -R-A-N-D-O-M-a-n-d-o-m and S-t-a-g-e and 1 through 0 to blanks just so it wouldn't show anything.  Unfortunately, there's no way (that I know of) to remove that text.
#7  January 13, 2011, 08:30:25 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
is there a way to get mugen to not display the "stage X:" text?

Change it's position on screen. Make it appear below the screen or way to left/right (using coordinates such as 25555,33322, will place it waaaay off-screen).
何故諦める必要がある? 何を迷うことがある奪い取れ。今は悪魔が微笑む時代なんだ。
#8  January 14, 2011, 12:07:26 am
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
Wouldn't that move the stage thumbnails way off, also?  The stage thumbnail is made using the font used to project the "stage x".