YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1029839 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#521  October 24, 2014, 08:48:43 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
There is no length limit on these, that part of the title (as well as all the other "2 line review" threads) is essentially meaningless. If anything 2 lines should be thought more of as the minimum length.
#522  October 24, 2014, 10:28:52 pm
  • SNK is life
the "2 Line Review" part being meaningless is only valid for this thread. If you want to vent, go for it.

In the other threads, the purpose of the "2 lines" is to give a quick opinion of how good/bad a game is to encourage others to play it or not without being too specific, revealing plot spoilers, and/or do 500 word essays on the cultural impact a game may or may not have on current generations, etc.
#523  October 24, 2014, 10:39:29 pm
    • USA
People already do and will continue to write stuff much longer than just two lines, and that's absolutely fine (I myself have certainly done so)! It's certainly led to a lot of good, interesting discussions for those who care, and those who don't can always scroll down. There's absolutely no good reason to hold anyone to a hard and fast rule for this stuff.
#524  October 24, 2014, 10:54:15 pm
  • SNK is life
It's not as "hard and fast rule" as much as it was a suggested guideline. If the mods are not going to enforce it, or outright discourage people from following said guideline, feel free to officially remove the specification from the thread title.

I for one will just brace myself for the increasingly longer walls of texts being posted in these threads, and/or avoid them altogether (or just scroll down on my 4" mobile screen like you suggest)
#525  October 25, 2014, 12:37:55 am
    • USA
Stop enforcing? When have mods ever done so? Intentionally stifling interesting conversation is a pretty stupid thing to do, and something that flies in the face of the very purpose of moderators. There's no big need for the status quo to change: some people write short things, and other people write longer things, and conversations happen, and no one gets bent out of shape because entries are too short/long. There hasn't been any problems with that approach.
#526  October 25, 2014, 01:05:47 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
How dare you make your review go longer than two lines?! Can't you see the irreparable damage you're doing to the forum? This is why the MUGEN Community is dying; because you can't fucking summarize!

* Jango Hakamichi runs outside screaming
#527  October 25, 2014, 02:29:44 am
  • SNK is life
Of course it would be you, your 18 line reviews with no line breaks are insufferable.

Edit: I stand corrected, you do add line breaks every now and then.

There's no big need for the status quo to change [...] There hasn't been any problems with that approach.
Except for the part where people expect them to be 2 / 4 / whatever lines long as the thread title says.

Like I said, if it's so meaningless and unimportant, make it official by editing the title of the threads in question.
Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 03:32:08 am by walt
#528  October 25, 2014, 03:32:03 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
People that have those kinds of expectations could probably be doing a lot more with their time than worrying about if someone's review goes over an arbitrary amount of lines. What does that even mean anyway? Sentences? Physical lines at a certain resolution?

Of course it would be you, your 18 line reviews with no line breaks are insufferable.

Edit: I stand corrected, you do add line breaks every now and then.
Man, for someone who gets mad at me for bringing up a single instance of him being a grammar/English nazi, you sure aren't doing much to ward off that image.

My linebreaks are put in there to separate themes for each "line" so that my thoughts aren't an unorganized mess. It's pretty common to do in English writing, especially reviews!
Like I said, if it's so meaningless and unimportant, make it official by editing the title of the threads in question.
Because who gives a fuck? Good god, walt, how uneventful can your life be to cause you to be HELLBENT on getting a thread's title changed?

Plus as I already stated earlier, I'm pretty sure the "two lines" bit is more meant to say to write a little something extra that's not the game's title. Sometimes people happen to write a little more extra.
#529  October 25, 2014, 03:40:17 am
  • SNK is life
It's a simple request, for order reasons, to avoid misunderstandings. Hell, I didn't even bring up the topic myself, meaning that it has bothered other people too.

As everything else in life, let's just put things in black and white. I'd change it myself, but JMM who has the power to do so in literally seconds has decided to keep it ambiguous and antagonize my request. It would have been a much lesser waste of energy for everybody to just change it if it's "officially" meaningless.

Also, HELLBENT? I'm not desperate at all, I'm just establishing a dialogue here. Give me break, get some patience man.
#530  October 25, 2014, 04:38:44 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Re: Last game you stopped playing + an arbitrary number of lines akin to a small to medium sized review. 

Uh...nowhere as catchy as the current subject.
#531  October 25, 2014, 04:53:29 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
The Evil Within...

-I just ended it today and started the NEW GAME + with the unlocked items n such. I stopped there so i can give that game a break for much later on full replay. Gotta get revenge on that damn Giant Boss purple glowing creature that was a pain in the ass for me with the new unlocked guns lol

-Great game. Great ending. Great story IMO. Game play was tight and not annoying to me. Only thing that was missing was a swift dodge and roll feature for when enemies that charge or jump at you. Id give the game a 10 but because its missing that feature it gets a 9.5. So If you are a huge fan of Resident evil, the earlier games of silent hill, Dead space and rock star game's old PS2 classic Manhunt game then this is the perfect survival horror game for you! Enemy AI is smart! A decent challenge that keeps you on your toes.

Awesome game :thumbsup:
#532  October 25, 2014, 05:37:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
It's a simple request, for order reasons, to avoid misunderstandings. Hell, I didn't even bring up the topic myself, meaning that it has bothered other people too.
Because people are going to FUCKING CRACK if they came into the thread expecting to read a 2-line review and see one that's not exactly two lines.
As everything else in life, let's just put things in black and white. I'd change it myself, but JMM who has the power to do so in literally seconds has decided to keep it ambiguous and antagonize my request. It would have been a much lesser waste of energy for everybody to just change it if it's "officially" meaningless.
See this is your problem, you see everything in black and white. Real life doesn't work like that! Just because something says it's "2 lines" doesn't mean it's going to be exactly "2 lines."

For example, TV stations usually advertise their programs as being "a half hour," when the reality is closer to 21-22 minutes when you factor in advertisements. In this situation, would it be more advantageous to advertise "half an hour" or "roughly 21-22 minutes?"

"2 lines" in this context does not literally mean "2 lines," but rather "state your opinion of the game."
Also, HELLBENT? I'm not desperate at all, I'm just establishing a dialogue here. Give me break, get some patience man.
I think considering your bouts of ad hominem and nit-picking, you've gone beyond "establishing a dialogue" and are well within the confines of "hellbent." Cheers.
#533  October 25, 2014, 12:02:05 pm
#534  October 25, 2014, 12:08:59 pm
    • USA

GOH

#535  October 25, 2014, 12:45:27 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Last game you stopped playing + did you like it (answer only with yes or no)
#536  October 25, 2014, 04:59:30 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Sorry?
#537  October 25, 2014, 05:38:02 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Last game you stopped playing + brief review.

Megaman X4
These briefs are amazing! Fresh out of the hot dryer these fruit of the loom boxer briefs keep a snug fit where its wanted and loose where its needed. No intricate patterns or design, they kept these briefs simple and easy on the eyes but a quality fit. Controls are good, a slit in the front supplies easy access to the joystick, which is a bit smaller than I'd like it to be. They are also super absorbent, which is required for a gentleman like me, who soils himself at least once a night per week. Pick up a pair at your local Walmart today!
#538  October 25, 2014, 05:55:53 pm
    • USA
Except for the part where people expect them to be 2 / 4 / whatever lines long as the thread title says.

"Two lines" establishes a baseline, something to aim for. Of course, most people go beyond just 2 lines, a few go less, and a few go more, and there has been absolutely no problems with this. It's catchy, it gets the job done, and everyone knows it already. You're pretty much the only person who has a problem with this. It's a complete non-issue. :-\

I'd change it myself, but JMM who has the power to do so in literally seconds has decided to keep it ambiguous and antagonize my request.
Please don't ascribe baseless motivations to me for no reason other than to cast aspersions against my character, thanks.
#539  October 26, 2014, 02:23:00 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Well, here's the question: do you or do you not have 0 cards in your hand?
The Tree of Perfect Wisdom is originally no tree.
 Nor has the bright mirror any frame.
 Buddha-nature is forever clear and pure.
 Where is there any dust?
#540  October 26, 2014, 08:08:33 am