YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1003693 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#581  June 05, 2015, 05:24:27 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
Hatred

For a game seeped with controversy how does it hold up to when actually played?
I just got done playing with the first level where go wild on the neighborhood, crashing a gas station and eventually a police station. The controls feel pretty good for both keyboard and controller as while playing with both found no real input lag or jerkiness. Game runs fine on my computer with lowest settings I hope the devs optimize the game better in the future update because right now while it runs fine when multiple explosions happen at once the game tends to lag for me. I actually look forward to playing this game more it's so stupidly edgy that it has charm and while the game does get repetitive at times it's overall pretty solid for an indie game.

#582  June 09, 2015, 05:24:19 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS)

I only checked it out from the library I frequently visit because I apparently hate myself enough to do so. It was only after I witnessed the act of what this game refers to as "classmating" that I decided to plug out of this animu-tinged hellscape. Never got to put my newly created Star Child to use, and I doubt I ever will. I would much rather cut my leg open and jam a rusted iron rod into it (a la Tetsuo: The Iron Man) than go through another second of that torment.
#583  June 09, 2015, 01:30:23 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I actually look forward to playing this game more it's so stupidly edgy that it has charm and while the game does get repetitive at times it's overall pretty solid for an indie game.
don't forget about the lighting too, it's so awesomely done
#584  June 27, 2015, 07:44:21 am
    • USA
Contact (DS)

It's not as over-the-top as Grasshopper Manufacture's other works, but it's still pretty funky in its own right. I've been focusing on upping Terry's job levels and completing all the side quests before actually beating the game. Might get back to it sometime in the near future.
#585  June 27, 2015, 01:20:11 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Huniepop (PC)
Approaching a random girl and screaming "FUCK THESE BIRDS" somehow doesn't work in real life.
This game lied to me
#586  June 28, 2015, 06:15:21 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Pokemon Rumble World (3DS)

For something that is free, it is a decent, fun, Beat-them-up that you could play to kill many minutes and hours at a time. You could pay money, but I recommend first seeing how far can you go without paying anything first.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#587  June 29, 2015, 05:06:11 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Zone of the Enders HD Edition. 2nd Runner, specifically (PS3)

What the fuck happened to the difficulty curve between games and between the fucking NA PS2 and HD versions holy fucking shit! I got through ZOE1 fairly well even if it sonly an hour long and ZOE1 on Normal is easy enough to begin with.

So I started ZOE2 on Normal and it feels more like I fucking picked Very Hard by mistake because the enemies bounce me everywhere and I take a lot of damage, I died rather pathetically to the first boss and Nephtis was a HUGE pain in the ass to even get past. Even after that I died alot and found I pretty much had to hang back and spam the dashing homing blast thing and spring Geysers everywhere, and if I even dared to try to fight up close with Jehuty's sword I'd get fucking hitstunned more badly than when I play Asbel in Tales of Graces not to mention being slammed halfway across the room considering that shit never happened in ZOE1

I finally threw the controller down when I got to Vic Viper (Yes, THAT Vic Viper and YES, he's mandatory and YES, he's piloted by the protagonist of ZOE1) who's basically a serious fucking pain in the arse who sprinkles projectiles everywhere as well as those ripple ring laser things that you ever take no matter what or get lucky and avoid by being in the middle of the rings, while you have to once again spam the dash homing laser blast thing to even do noticeable damage, and the only way to properly hurt him is when he goes into mech mode which is when he feels like it and he'll bring out the Shields when he's low on health. And even then he blockwhores like an early Zero-Sennin character and you constantly clash sword attacks with him so you can't even do that and good luck even doing one Burst attack on him. I still haven;te beaten him. I've heard he's far easier on the original North American PS2 version and he was made harder for the Japanese, PAL and HD versions because you know, he's fucking Vic Viper but this just makes the game a massive pain in the arse.

Which is sad because I loved the story of ZOE1 and ZOE2 has a decent story for itself as well and Dingo's pretty rad (And you know, a fucking Hideo Kojima game) but if I have to suffer through the HD version's broken difficulty bullshit then I don't have the patience to care. I suppose if I take time to get good at it or just set the game to Easy I could care but you can't get New Game Plus on Easy so what's the point?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#588  July 30, 2015, 11:00:05 pm
    • USA
Ranger-X (Genesis)
Well, I managed to beat the cave stage that so pestered me at a young age only to realize that it really wasn't all that hard. Hell, I even made it up to the final boss but ended up having that ugly mofo hand my ass right back to me (and on my last continue, too. smh). It's probably my fault for not using that super laser weapon thingy I snagged from the skyscraper stage. Anyways, it's great 2D robot run-n-gun that seriously deserves more love.
#589  September 21, 2015, 07:24:13 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Elder Scrolls Online:
I don't recommend anyone buying it for console.
First of all the game is unplayable.
The game gains loads of glitches every time a update is released. Which i can understand but they don't fix them.
People like myself constantly getting disconnected from the game within 5-10 minutes, even when you have a decent connection.
The support team no longer replies to anyone who complains about the servers being shit in the forums.
DLC was just released to the game before bugs, glitches, and servers were fixed.
The game is 4 months old on console and the servers are still shit ... How do you start a server maintenance every week or other week and the servers are still shit? 
Did i mention the servers are shit -_-
R.I.P ESO I want my fucking refund.
Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:33:20 pm by Insigniawarfare
#590  September 21, 2015, 07:42:46 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Huh.  Granted I'm only level 10 or so, I've been off for a bit with other things, but I don't think I've ever been disconnected from Elder Scrolls Online or ran into anything out of the ordinary per Elder Scrolls minor glitches.  What exactly have you been running into, if you don't mind my asking?  And I've been on the One, maybe it's a PS4 thing?

My main fault with the game is the underdeveloped looting system.  I've gotten so used to taking everything every enemy holds then storing it all in a cabinet in some random house that can hold the entire universe in previous entries, now you just get an occasional dagger from a boss here and there.
#591  September 21, 2015, 08:01:00 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
I play on XB1 as well but my issue is me not being able to play longer than 5-10 minutes.
I can login to the game but i randomly get disconnected within that time frame that i just mentioned from ESO server.
I don't have that issue when i play Warframe, Neverwinter, World of Tanks or even GTA Online. I have access to Fable Legends closed beta and i don't get disconnected when in a group.
I've tried installing the game again and restarting modem that didn't work.
I've tried the support service once they gave me two links to Microsoft which in my opinion they're pretty much blaming them and they recommended opening my ports which i did and i still have the same issue.
After the DLC/Patch they just released more people are having connection issues.
The game is on its way to dying soon if the servers aren't fix and i have no sad feelings if it does just regrets that i bought the game.
You're just one of the few who doesn't have connection issues with the server @Long John Killer
Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:09:58 pm by Insigniawarfare
#592  September 30, 2015, 08:14:55 pm
    • Peru
That doesn't sound like you stopped playing the game...
#593  September 30, 2015, 10:55:35 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
The threads can get quite confusing :P
#594  October 01, 2015, 02:04:19 pm
    • Philippines
#595  October 11, 2015, 09:03:54 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Undertale

It's a shame; I really wanted to enjoy this game. But every time it gives me things like the black-and-blue marsh with the ambient music, it decides to try to be kooky and with-the-times. I can't get into your game when you keep telling me you're a game. Also, the humor gets grating and the combat system really isn't all that fun. The music is nice at least, but this will still end up feeling like a product of it's time.

#596  October 21, 2015, 01:26:21 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Surprisingly, I just couldn't get into this game, and I really wanted to. Everything feels like a side mission. Snake is practically mute. Fucking mountains everywhere, and they drop you 10 miles from the target. Couple those with the FOB nonsense, and I just sent it back to Amazon for some credit. I started passively watching a letsplay to see if it gets better later on, and quite a few hours later, nope.

I also hear that the ending is pretty bad too.
#597  November 05, 2015, 02:21:21 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
Undertale

It's a shame; I really wanted to enjoy this game. But every time it gives me things like the black-and-blue marsh with the ambient music, it decides to try to be kooky and with-the-times. I can't get into your game when you keep telling me you're a game. Also, the humor gets grating and the combat system really isn't all that fun. The music is nice at least, but this will still end up feeling like a product of it's time.

this is pretty much my exact opinion of it

the good thing is, it got me to play the game it desperately wants to be a nerdy internet version of, Earthbound, and lemme tell ya i'm seeing why it has the reputation it has

i'm not very far into the game (i just got the key to the entertainer's shack) but all of the atmosphere is really well done, a lot of the jokes are pretty great, like the game designer possessing a dog to tell the player about how some game mechanics work ('i guess it's back to being a normal dog now, woof...') and even though the gameplay is fairly basic it's still pretty fun and i'm hooked as to where the story goes. i mean, i know thanks to the internet where it ultimately ends up, but how the hell does it reach that point? i guess all i can do is go on the journey with the characters Melv, Janis, Grunk and Dooku and see where they go

edit cuz this topic doesn't see a lot of activity: i started playing Castlevania Aria of Sorrow due to a friend suggesting it

they were right to suggest it because i love how you can get different sets of powers and try figuring out how to use combinations most effectively
Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:33:03 pm by 【RTC】MelvanaInChains
#598  November 17, 2015, 03:44:05 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max

Beat Mei-Fang's arcade. Game feels okay but some bright spark decided to make tne netplay region locked so I never get a game in because no one in Europe plays this meaning the longevity just got fucked up the ass. I look it up and Arc System Works helped with it, so that should have been a warning sign for the fuckup that was European Xrd

At least UNIB doesn't have that region-locked online crap.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#599  December 07, 2015, 10:42:20 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Sword Art Online: Lost Song

I managed to get that Search skill to level 1000, so with this I'm done with the game. Was the most fun I had with it raising that skill, since I was watching videos while doing so.

Now seriously, it's a boring game, making the first game be even better than this one was. At least Hollow Fragment story from the Hollow side was interesting, and while it was plain unfair in a lot of situations (specially if you include the fact that you couldn't even let the AI partners die), at least it was difficult so it forced me to get better. This is completely removed in Lost Song. Story is sleep inducing, game is way too easy and the only feature that I felt it should be worth playing, the flying part, was not really that much appealing once I tried it. So yeah, I'm done with it. Not going to even bother completing it, as I would be forcing myself to do so.

Honestly, this is what happens when you watch somebody playing the game. It's not as fun when you're the one playing it.
Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:02:20 pm by Nanashi_1337
#600  December 15, 2015, 03:36:48 pm
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
Super Smash Bros 3ds/Wiiu

I wanted to like this game but the more I play it the worse it gets for me. I'll start with the fact it's on the 3DS, the 3DS is too underpowered for this kind of game it loads like shit on my 3DSXL when i first start it up, assist trophies are 30fps, and we lost the Ice Climbers over it; and all for what almost everybody I know dropped the 3DS version for the Wiiu one so I'm stuck playing for glory with Brazilians wow totally worth it! My next complaint is how hand holding this game can be, "oh no we can't show people being better than you here we'll only show how many people you are better than", this also applies to nerfs  to characters "Oh no I can't beat Diddy I'm gonna not try to figure out how to beat him I'm gonna complain like a manchild until I get my way". My next point is single player content, there isn't fucking any, no subspace emissary because fuck you. DLC is what i hate next about it I don't like DLC period, I mean if you wanna buy it it's your money but if people want to stay competitive they basically have to get at least the stages to be able to keep up. Another point is it's boring to watch smash 4 at evo was a snooze fest I hope it doesn't get on center stage at evo next year and never will again I can understand that it's probably more fun to play than watch but it's something to consider. Next is the rage mechanic I hate people being rewarded for being hit it's stupid. Finally is the clones, I mean you can have customs so why not like give Mario Doc's moves as alt, I mean Palutania as 4000 custom moves i guess to make up for how her regular moves are shit (which is a good thing i hate looking at her stupid tits.); for Lucina she's just Marth for shitters I mean like the best Lucina player I saw was some disabled guy, really says a lot about Lucina players, and finally there's Dark Pit the only ever reasoning for his inclusion I've ever heard is "he made people on the internet mad so I had a lol teehee" and that argument is fucking stupid and you're a dumb-ass.

NOTE if you enjoy the game i'm glad you do I'm not trying to convince you to hate it.

I wrote this because the direct is coming out later today and everyone i know irl thinks smash 4 is some gods gift to smash.
Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 03:39:55 pm by The Answer