YesNoOk

Random Topic V8 (Read 839346 times)

Started by c001357, March 07, 2013, 04:28:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V8
#981  May 01, 2013, 08:32:21 am
    • Thailand
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bc0e8032cd5270495cc4bc42e9c4f0d6/tumblr_mm1alokIFN1s71q1zo1_1280.png
The following message is a threat:

Tell me that is a joke. Tell me it's a fucking joke. I haven't seen any legitimate misogynist controversy in a long, long time. Feminism has become so petty.

I have to be just slightly analytical since this better be a joke. They're applying the word "bitch" to mean "a woman" without any kind of context. "Bitch" has tons of uses and meanings. I can't anymore. I think I'm becoming an anti feminist. Modern feminism is a huge joke.

That better be a joke. I would rather look stupid for taking it seriously than for it to actually be serious itself.

its honestly very disheartening to see someone say this :(
Something that isn't petty. Something that isn't "YOU USED THE WORD BITCH YOU HATE WOMEN." Generally people getting offended over things that aren't significant on any kind of slope. I don't really understand why you are disheartened.
#982  May 01, 2013, 08:58:26 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
From what I understand, they're really rare. If it's a legitimate misogynist controversy, society has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

Posted: May 01, 2013, 09:01:44 am
Does that mean I'm off the hook for watching that movie tonight???
Absolutely not.
#983  May 01, 2013, 04:06:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

what about this one
#984  May 01, 2013, 05:22:31 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
one vaguely related thought; one of the few things i'm thankful for when it comes to the internet is making me realize how incredibly stupid the whole 'but nice guy i'm friend zoned' etc mentality was before i ruined myself for good

not sure why i wanted to share something so personal all of a sudden but there ya go
#985  May 01, 2013, 06:32:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:41:45 pm by maximilianjenus
#986  May 01, 2013, 06:37:46 pm
  • SNK is life
men is already plural

freudian slip for Mens Club?

v--- hahaha
Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:49:15 pm by Señor Walt
#987  May 01, 2013, 06:41:57 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
point taken, fixed.
#988  May 01, 2013, 07:40:23 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
LegandarySatera is now confirmed as Jesuszilla's Bi-sexual clone.
#989  May 01, 2013, 07:45:28 pm
I kind of feel like young men have over time become a lot more like that than young women, as far as standards go. Out in Florida, anyway.
#990  May 01, 2013, 08:30:55 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Wouldn't that happen even if an overweight male came dressed as someone that's not supposed to be fat?

That's an obesity issue not a sexist issue.
#991  May 01, 2013, 08:40:22 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#992  May 01, 2013, 08:41:23 pm
    • USA
Wouldn't that happen even if an overweight male came dressed as someone that's not supposed to be fat?
Not nearly at the same level. It's like a stream compared to a waterfall. And people don't write long Facebook essays about how male cosplayers don't know the characters they're cosplaying as and how they're just doing it to be nerd chic or whatever. (Hi Tony Harris!)
#993  May 01, 2013, 09:02:34 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
People write long facebook essays how large women don't know the characters they are cosplaying? (edit: wait, you probably meant women in general... still didn't know that was a thing)

I guess I'm out of the loop though. Any comic conventions I've been too I've always went with women that were into comics. They even made comics. They seemed to fit in just fine. I guess I'm lucky when I go to conventions :P

Edit2: Though to note most of mine were web comic conventions which might be a lot different. Even when I went to Wizard World I was a part of the Drunk Duck webcomic table.
Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:05:47 pm by Just No Point
#994  May 01, 2013, 09:08:16 pm
    • USA
People write long facebook essays how large women don't know the characters they are cosplaying? (edit: wait, you probably meant women in general... still didn't know that was a thing)
Tony Harris did!

Long Facebook posts like this are specific incidents, but this the sentiment is not an isolated one. Though generally I think people mostly complain about it online, instead of to face of the person they're jeering at.
#995  May 01, 2013, 09:13:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
._.

I just don't understand some people...
#996  May 01, 2013, 09:15:21 pm
    • USA
I love Starman and Ex Machina, but man, I dunno if I can enjoy their art the same after it. I haven't tried reading them since it happened. :-\

Posted: May 01, 2013, 09:23:22 pm
Or I dunno, maybe not. As long as it doesn't impact the work itself, I suppose.
#997  May 01, 2013, 09:32:09 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Often the female cosplayers who don' t have the body and look and cosplay characters like Chun Li..Poison..Wonder Woman and other characters which show a lot skin say its not about trying to look good or posing as sexy girls. Of course i talked only with a few of them about that topic but those i talked with said the whole cosplay thing is interesting for them because creating the costumes and compete with other cosplayers sometimes about who manages it to make the better costume and at least 2 cosplayers simply said ..and thats a word by word quote now "i love to troll the fans of character xxx"

I never talked directly with those women but i administrated a cosplay group on dA a while ago and asked questions like that in a blog there. :-)
#998  May 01, 2013, 09:48:25 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i just think it's kind of dumb when i see people getting annoyed by confident plus-size females which is something i've seen happen a good bit. which is also vaguely related. why am i so open today
#999  May 01, 2013, 09:51:47 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
MelvanaUnChained
#1000  May 01, 2013, 09:55:12 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Being overweight and having it under control is pretty damn common these days. Many people just tend to be fine with it these days.

Or so it seems anyway. I could not get fat no matter how hard I tried, so my opinions not worth much.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."