YesNoOk

Factorz Mugen *sonic mugen In Progress* (Read 20648 times)

Started by sonicfactor, December 20, 2009, 06:04:09 pm
Share this topic:
Factorz Mugen *sonic mugen In Progress*
#1  December 20, 2009, 06:04:09 pm
  • Darkness Will Reign Supreme
    • factorzincorp.ucoz.com/
Look most people who know me already knows that I am making a mugen game, and it is turning out good, infact so good that I am posting some of it's resources for you to see how it is going. But it isn't close to being finished due to lack of staff.

Basic Information:

. 2d Fighting Game Featuring Most Known Sonic Characters For Mugen
. 2-5 Button Smashing Characters For You To Choose *depending on the character*
. This Game Will Use Advance/Battle Sprite With Custom/Edited Sprite MAde By My Sprite Staff
. This Game Will Consist With Characters That Has Been In The Sonic Series, That Is Most Known*Like Sally Acorn, Espio The Chameleon, heck even a chao*
. The Game Will Be Released As A Demo Soon For This Site To Critic *no hating critic, need smart ideas*
. Fan Characters Are Essentials To The Game For Only Staff To Choose One, And The Most Known That Will Get Viewers Attention "we are not gonna dump almost every Fan Character in this game, but a few have a meaning for the game"

Staff Member:

. SonicFactor : Founder/Gamemaker/Character Coder
. TheJvv15: Character Coder
. Bigshowofall: Character Coder
. Optimusnaruto: Character Coder
. Pokechao: Character Coder
. Tonic: Staff's Stage Maker
. Yoshi101319: Staff's Spriter

Now Hiring:

Stage Programmer: A programmer who can make stages for mugen
ScreenPack Designer: Adding features like new life bar new font, etc
Music Designer: Making music only for the game

If you would like to join our staff in any of these positions, simply just PM me here or on youtube with which position you desire, example of your work.

ScreenShots:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

This Game Has Been Worked On For A while "by Myself" But I got My own Staff *still need what I said up there* and I got some resource to show.

So if you guys have any question, or comments, post them here
PS, No questions like "sunnic sux eggz" or "sawnik?!?! come on dude choose a real game" or even "Sonic was ruin from
<insert known sonic game here> and this won't make it better"
This is just a Mugen game just for fans who never got a good sonic game other then Sonic Battle ME *because that game was the only awesome game out there sonic style*
Ultimate Shadow 95%
Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 06:09:18 pm by sonicfactor
Re: Factorz Mugen *sonic mugen In Progress*
#2  December 21, 2009, 03:28:56 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Soo it going to be sonic chars and sonic fan "characters"
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#3  December 21, 2009, 05:12:17 pm
#4  December 21, 2009, 07:29:41 pm
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Well thats rude as hell, u could at least ask about the fighting system then if thats not thought out ur criticism would have some small point. --;

Since it hasn't I'll ask now, whats going to be the thing that ties their gameplay together. You have a full game here, just random moves for characters is not going to be interesting in a full game setting.
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#5  December 21, 2009, 09:47:35 pm
Well thats rude as hell, u could at least ask about the fighting system then if thats not thought out ur criticism would have some small point. --;

Since it hasn't I'll ask now, whats going to be the thing that ties their gameplay together. You have a full game here, just random moves for characters is not going to be interesting in a full game setting.

I've seen sonicfactor's work, both in sprites and character coding. Also:

2-5 Button Smashing Characters For You To Choose *depending on the character*

Characters won't even share button scheme? That's telling me enough.
#6  December 21, 2009, 10:06:52 pm
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Well its reassuring ur not some random person bashing for no reason, ignore me.  ;P
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#7  December 21, 2009, 10:12:14 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Yeah, judging from his previous work, this is not going to be a hit.

lol, just look at the screenshots.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#8  December 21, 2009, 10:13:25 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#9  December 21, 2009, 10:27:32 pm
  • hecc
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
#10  December 23, 2009, 02:02:15 am
like i said in my "PS" i only take criticism i wouldnt care if someone just come by and say it will suck, because that is just one persons opinion on a game that hasn't been released yet. and anjel has seen my work during the ages, but he didn't know i have been learning how to code from ZzEzZ for quite a while now *after the ultimate shadow progress* and thats the reason i am remaking ultimate sonic, to compare from then to now. and the game isnt done, of course it wouldn't look perfect if 1: i am making the game design by myself *until i find someone* 2: the game isnt done yet.
Ultimate Shadow 95%
#11  December 23, 2009, 02:19:06 am
  • hecc
Those are cool lifebars.
#12  February 07, 2010, 05:10:29 pm
  • hecc
Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:50:34 pm by Iced
#13  February 07, 2010, 06:01:54 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
I thought future shadow meant the king shadow who revied tikchoas
#14  February 07, 2010, 11:41:45 pm
I truly suggest no fan characters, they are ALWAYS tacky and messy, I'm no M.U.G.E.N expert but I'm 99% sure pretty much no one will want to play it if it is filled with them. Don't stick in random characters like "Ultimate" Sonic or "Chaos" Sonic, they won't do much purpose, put it this way, characters need to be ballanced among eachother, if one character is strong then another is strong that is ballanced and makes it fair, with a character like Ultimate Sonic just tells me he's gonna have a bunch of moves that are pointless as he will probably just kill the opposition in 3 or 4 basic moves. Joke characters are fine like Dan Hibiki, but only 1, so in your case the Chao? But don't have a million different variations of Chao that do the same thing only look different, if you was going to then just do it if you select the chaos with a different button you get a different colour or style but keep the character and moves the same. If I was making this game my selection of characters will be something like this:-

Sonic
Shadow
Tails
Knuckles
Metal Sonic
Metal Knuckles
Mighty
Espio
Vector
Amy
Rouge
Chao
Dr. Robotnik (in mech but when almost dead mech explodes and he tries to fight back :))

Secret characters
Super Sonic
Super Shadow
Silver
Chaos
Bark

It would be nice to have every character sure, but think how pointless a character like Charmy would be, or them birds in that racing game on the boards (Sonic Riders or something) or Bean and Nack from Sonic fighters. Have every character in there sure, as background characters, or say Vector has a move where he calls in Charmy, or Mighty calls in Ray, but don't have such characters as main fighters. And finally why don't you try to create all new fighting stances or sprites all together as opposed to using existing ones. But this isn't my game, it's yours, so this is just advice. Take it as you will. Matt.
#15  February 08, 2010, 03:39:08 am
There is a point on why I release the ultimate characters, this game isn't meant to be like an official game, because making a game from mugen is never official.  I was planning after this game to make a official sonic game.  But the game I am making now is mostly meant for mugen characters and what if style official characters.  Technically what most sonic/mugen fans would want.  This is meant as a test actually to see how many critics and comments I would get from it when it is released.  Infact I think Anjels knows too, he is just messing with me as always haha  ;P
Ultimate Shadow 95%
#16  February 08, 2010, 04:46:10 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Having made a sonic game. The key to making them any sort of decent revolves around style. Like DBZ, sonic has a pretty shitty name outside of it's fanbase. To overcome this sprite style needs to be consistent and some of the ones i see up there are awful. At the same time in order to call something a game, controls and style needs to be REALLY consistent. You do not mix up your button schemes like that and still call it a game. You could call this a compilation with added effort, but without anything holding it together it's not much of a game.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#17  February 15, 2010, 04:39:09 pm
And your right about that, but like I said it's actually a test, I am actually giving what most fans want *shitty or not* people don't always want a well made game. That what most don't expect from mugen. And this would be the first game I would release, everyone starts off bad or worse, it takes the critics to tell what you messed up at and such. I thank you for that cyanide, most didn't even give a good criticism *looks at Anjel* lol. I am planning of making a well made mugen with a custom sonic style, no dbz or any anime of the sort, and no fan characters, plus the controls will be consistent. But before that I need to know how good i did at this fan game. You can't expect a real criticism until you played it or tried it.
Ultimate Shadow 95%

Swayhaven

#18  February 15, 2010, 04:44:24 pm

raddaguy

#19  February 16, 2010, 01:04:55 am
Thank you for giving me a reason to post this.
#20  February 16, 2010, 01:07:56 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
Put Hadoubuster's Sonic.It will rip apart all your super saiyan 999999 sonic charas