YesNoOk

Bayonetta 2 [Wii U] (Read 65925 times)

Started by Moon Girard, September 13, 2012, 04:39:04 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Bayonetta 2 [Wii U]
#141  November 02, 2014, 08:16:18 pm
For once Titiln I disagree with you. No where else in the game does she ever go nude when taking damage. Saying that she tried to summon a beast while getting beat up is baseless. No incantation, no portal, no long hair on her head or anywhere else.  Bayonetta is very intentional with it's sexual references and you'd be kidding yourself to not see the smoking after sex trope. I looooooove Bayonetta for the over the top style, campy sexualization, and gameplay. I'm not offended by the dark humor of the scene, but it's obvious why some people would be and there no point in trying to rationalize or make excuses for this very intentional scene.
#142  November 03, 2014, 02:32:19 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Lol, these people are seriously butt hurt over this. but I think its gotten to the point now that they go looking for shit to bitch about, as if they have nothing better to do with their lives.

Maybe they havent considered that Rodin was just too much man for Bayo and fucked her senseless in that move, and she just ended up laying that way.

I mean if I chucked a model around in gmod with the gravity gun and it landed in that pose would it mean I raped the character? meh.. random ramblings due to insomnia
#143  November 07, 2014, 04:26:10 am
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
can anyone give a hint how to get the rocket launcher please?
#144  November 07, 2014, 01:11:20 pm
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Remember when games weren't part of a feminist agenda to promote a false existence of some sort of rape culture (how the fuck is there a rape culture when everyone knows rape is bad) in which woman are somehow oppressed because they receive compliments on the streets from strangers (everyone does), even if they're fat and not at all pretty?

Remember when games used to be rated on how much fun they were and not about how the lead character isn't female, or if she is female, then she is to sexualized or made to have masculine qualities, which are somehow perceived by feminists to represent virtuous qualities for males and not females, even though they claim that there is no real difference between males and females aside from genitals and social upbringing??

This feminist shit has become an annoying poison that causes unnecessary controversy in things that have been innocuous for years. If videos games don't cause violence (they don't), then they don't cause misogyny and violence against woman. I wish these radical feminists who think that any type of sex between male and female is automatically rape would shut up. They're losing ground and their once blind support really fast because they're being outlandishly petty. Feminism in the first world has run its course and this is what it's become. A bunch of whining people who have it so easy that they need to find something about which to be offended.

A break, give me one. Who gives a rat's ass if she's sexualized? The audience this game is aimed at is male (or maybe it isn't. who cares). Males like sexy, half-naked women and men also like giant monsters. Combining the two is common brilliance. How can it be that if a video game character or actress is portrayed as sexy in a video game/movie it is such a horrible thing, but if a woman in real life dresses in skimpy clothing, she's empowered?  This blows my mind. I can't fathom these people who simultaneously believe half of the things this unpopular form of feminism encroaches.

TL;DR

Fuck feminism, play sexualized games.

This + 1.
I love playing as female characters, even if they are oversexualized.
Current Status: N/A
#145  November 07, 2014, 01:37:01 pm
    • USA
Remember when games weren't part of a feminist agenda to promote a false existence of some sort of rape culture (how the fuck is there a rape culture when everyone knows rape is bad) in which woman are somehow oppressed because they receive compliments on the streets from strangers (everyone does), even if they're fat and not at all pretty?

Remember when games used to be rated on how much fun they were and not about how the lead character isn't female, or if she is female, then she is to sexualized or made to have masculine qualities, which are somehow perceived by feminists to represent virtuous qualities for males and not females, even though they claim that there is no real difference between males and females aside from genitals and social upbringing??

This feminist shit has become an annoying poison that causes unnecessary controversy in things that have been innocuous for years. If videos games don't cause violence (they don't), then they don't cause misogyny and violence against woman. I wish these radical feminists who think that any type of sex between male and female is automatically rape would shut up. They're losing ground and their once blind support really fast because they're being outlandishly petty. Feminism in the first world has run its course and this is what it's become. A bunch of whining people who have it so easy that they need to find something about which to be offended.

A break, give me one. Who gives a rat's ass if she's sexualized? The audience this game is aimed at is male (or maybe it isn't. who cares). Males like sexy, half-naked women and men also like giant monsters. Combining the two is common brilliance. How can it be that if a video game character or actress is portrayed as sexy in a video game/movie it is such a horrible thing, but if a woman in real life dresses in skimpy clothing, she's empowered?  This blows my mind. I can't fathom these people who simultaneously believe half of the things this unpopular form of feminism encroaches.

TL;DR

This + 1.
I love playing as female characters, even if they are oversexualized.

yeah man
#146  November 07, 2014, 02:56:46 pm
    • Peru
The save system on this game is screweing me around... I'm playing the second mission for the fourth time since I had to take a break, and when I resumed playing instead of starting off where I left the game, I start from the beggining of the level.

Playing it on Climax3 from the start... the shit is really hard sometimes. One combo from an enemy an it's half life away.
#147  November 07, 2014, 03:57:29 pm

I like, this guy here.

Playing it on Climax3 from the start... the shit is really hard sometimes. One combo from an enemy an it's half life away.

Sounds fun.
#148  November 07, 2014, 04:51:15 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

TL;DR

idgi, are you telling us all to play senran kagura ?
#149  November 08, 2014, 09:51:16 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/

TL;DR

This is exactly why I bought this. Not because I was really that interested in Bayonetta, but because I wanted to support things like this and developers I like just to piss these idiots off.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/530897259727032320 NSFW

UMMMMMMMMM?
#150  November 08, 2014, 10:02:11 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com

TL;DR

+1 man +1.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#151  November 08, 2014, 10:46:30 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
This is exactly why I bought this. Not because I was really that interested in Bayonetta, but because I wanted to support things like this and developers I like just to piss these idiots off.

This is what I'm interested in. Platinum make great games and should be supported whenever possible.
#152  November 08, 2014, 10:51:06 am

TL;DR

What's a Rabite doing in a place like this?
#153  November 08, 2014, 02:46:56 pm
#154  November 08, 2014, 02:49:09 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
gotta love bayonetta
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#155  November 08, 2014, 08:01:44 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

what an astoundingly ignorant crock of shit

This is what I'm interested in. Platinum make great games and should be supported whenever possible.
I think they might be my favorite currently active developer, full stop. They're simply wonderful (101).
#156  November 08, 2014, 08:06:04 pm
#157  November 08, 2014, 08:09:17 pm
    • USA
I dunno, not really. I've already debated the merits of feminism's right to continue to exist with Rajaa, and I don't really have a big desire to do so again, especially not in a thread about the sequel to one of my most favorite games of all time, of all things. There's just too much to unpack there, rape culture is a thing, feminism absolutely has a role to play in the first world, etc.
#158  November 08, 2014, 08:27:58 pm
if you thought the post was stupid and never considered elaborating on why it's stupid because you didn't want to derail the thread maybe you should've just ignored it
#159  November 08, 2014, 08:29:07 pm
    • USA
It pissed me off too much!!!

Bea

#160  November 08, 2014, 08:40:19 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
It pissed me off too much!!!

You're not alone at that.
I didn't bother to reply because I know exactly what would happen, and I have neither the time nor the energy to deal with that kind of bullshit.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.