YesNoOk

a chat with vets, live interviews with MUGEN peoples (Interviews always on pg1) (Read 113814 times)

Started by Kamekaze, July 23, 2015, 05:59:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: a chat with vets, live interviews with MUGEN peoples (Interviews always on pg1)
#161  May 11, 2016, 06:49:57 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Long time no post I know, but I've got a nice interview comin down the pipes. Our very own @Caddie: was able to finally sit down with me about a week or so ago. Hopefully it should be live tomorrow!
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Re: a chat with vets, live interviews with MUGEN peoples (Interviews always on pg1)
#162  May 11, 2016, 09:58:43 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Great news, I'm waiting to hear what Caddie has to say.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#163  May 17, 2016, 04:06:54 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
#164  May 17, 2016, 04:37:00 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thanks for the sweet chat bro, had fun. You were a great interviewer. ;D I had fun and I hope I remembered everything right. For everyone who might listen to this, please enjoy the chat and I hope I'm entertaining to listen to.

Edit: When I was talking about Elecbyte not listening to me during the video, I never expected them to or anything like that. Just I gave them feedback back when they were asking, and if they had done any of that stuff I would have been able to continue development on some characters. It was more like a wish fulfillment thing on my part, I wish this stuff was in. I was really nervous about sounding pretentious in the video.  :-X
Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:28:48 am by Caddie

Bea

#165  May 17, 2016, 12:07:30 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
That was a fun interview.
I had forgotten how stereotypically American caddie sounds. ;P
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#166  May 17, 2016, 09:55:04 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
yeah, great interview!
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#167  May 17, 2016, 10:11:00 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Thanks you two. :) You had great interviews too. Super entertaining shit, thank you Kamekaze for putting this stuff together.

OZ

#168  May 17, 2016, 10:32:04 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
wow, had not realized that this thread existed

pretty shwifty, listening through them all now

neat stuff
ಠ_ಠ
#169  June 01, 2016, 10:59:45 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
It's been 10 years for me...like a month ago. But either way I've finally unlocked my own "interview" I used this to explain what I was doing to some of the first people I wanted to talk to and it is technically complete even if it's just my boring voice the whole time. If any of the other people left still want to interview feel free to pm me.

@J.A.N.G.O.:
@Basara Hikigaya:
@Jesuszilla:
@Cenobite 53:
#170  December 09, 2016, 03:15:20 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Back from the dead! With another interview obviously. This time we're joined by a guy who made both stages and characters who you may remember. @GT:
#171  March 26, 2018, 05:58:03 pm
  • (Formerly ShinRyoga)
  • Christian / Artist / INFP personality
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/ShinSamus
I know this is an old thread now, but wow...this is amazing stuff!  :heart:
@Kamekaze: Thank you for conducting all these wonderful interviews!
#172  March 26, 2018, 06:23:48 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
No prob, i would have liked to have a season 2 but I never got around to talking to xcb despite the fact that i saw him every year around the same time lol
#173  March 26, 2018, 10:21:11 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
This was a great run Kamekaze, hope you can get some time to continue with the queue.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#174  March 27, 2018, 03:28:20 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I more or less am waiting on the people I had listed lol
#175  September 06, 2018, 01:56:56 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
So it's been brought to my attention that this thread has been neglected which the following needs to be said:

-I didn't know anyone cared/noticed
-The reason there hasn't been anything made recently is because the people I've asked hasn't responded, look in this thread and you'll see me tag them constantly and I'm not begging anyone to do anything.
-I never tell anyone the questions I'm going to ask in advance, and it's always the same questions. I'm not here to grill anyone, it's supposed to be for today's audience to hear from those from the past. Also because if I did people may try to rehearse for brownie points.
-I interview who responds, nothing more nothing less. I'm too old to be biased about mugen rofl

That being said, still waiting to hear from those I'd like to talk to.
#176  September 07, 2018, 10:13:32 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I have always enjoyed listening to all these interviews (and participating too). It brings me lots of memories from what seems now a jurassic era, but still it was an era of finding out stuff or discovering new methods to rip content. It was also paired with the development of emulators, so everytime there was a new ROM dump, you knew people would release all the "new" characters in the following months.

I don't care if you do the interview once per year or once per week, but I'd like you to keep doing them, as I think that somehow we should preserve this early mugen history for the new generations.

And, if there are no candidates for the interviews, you could also do another round with the people already participated, this time with different questions or in a different interview format
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#177  September 07, 2018, 03:13:43 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
Yes please, don't stop doing these.
I think @walt: has some free time nowadays, there is a lot of stuff most people don't know about him, he was pivotal on a lot, and I mean a loot,  of projects as a colaborator and as a mentor of sorts.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#178  September 07, 2018, 07:52:19 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I have always enjoyed listening to all these interviews (and participating too). It brings me lots of memories from what seems now a jurassic era, but still it was an era of finding out stuff or discovering new methods to rip content. It was also paired with the development of emulators, so everytime there was a new ROM dump, you knew people would release all the "new" characters in the following months.

I don't care if you do the interview once per year or once per week, but I'd like you to keep doing them, as I think that somehow we should preserve this early mugen history for the new generations.

And, if there are no candidates for the interviews, you could also do another round with the people already participated, this time with different questions or in a different interview format

This. I always figure there was more questions you could ask those you already interviewed. Heck, you could even interview figureheads of MUGEN and IKEMEN, I just want this to keep on going because the way you interview people gives this air of professionalism that this hobby needed to see shine through.
#179  September 07, 2018, 11:45:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I seem to remember we once got a thread going with questions and answers of the old times; aka, someone not too old would ask a question, then it would get replied to by multiple old timers.
Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:06:12 pm by Bastard Mami
#180  September 08, 2018, 01:45:07 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I don't see a reason to interview people twice lol. And I like to ask the same questions because the conversation tends to lead to some other topics and I like how it can organically flow as it does. It's how some interviews are long as others.