Started by GOH, March 05, 2013, 11:07:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hugo Chavez is dead
#41  March 06, 2013, 09:35:17 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
In a beginning it was a lot of opposition to Chavez, but during his first years he killed a lot of them and there're others who escaped from Venezuela (something like happened with Pinochet here in Chile in 70s), so actually the opposition is weak comparing to the first years. That and the brainwash already mentioned is the reason why Chavez won various elections there. I read in local news about the weak of actual opposition to Chavez, I'm not a bit surprised about that

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#42  March 07, 2013, 02:39:04 am
In a beginning it was a lot of opposition to Chavez, but during his first years he killed a lot of them and there're others who escaped from Venezuela (something like happened with Pinochet here in Chile in 70s)
do you have a source
#43  March 07, 2013, 03:26:35 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I was getting tired of his Anti-America bullcrap. "American nuclear weapons test was what destroyed Haiti?" Yeah, right.
Holy smokes! HE'S DEAD?!

Hallelujah! I never liked the guy anyway. His sayings gets on my nerves every time he opens his mouth.
Yeah guys, we're missing the important part: instead of worrying about human rights abuses and all that, let's focus on the mean things he said about America.

I am also upset about his human rights abuse as well.

I must have forgotten to mention that.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#44  March 07, 2013, 03:50:14 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Ok, I'd like to say something, and maybe clarify some stuff you've been talking.
I'm Venezuelan, what Chavez did to our country, and when I say Chavez I mean him and all his followers (here, we call them chavistas), is horrible, in the 98' the country was already tense, but you could still live well.
But then this guy came in, I don't know If you know, but  before that he tried to overthrow the president Carlos Andres Perez, I mean, this man was a monster, indeed many people had to leave the country, the poor were manipulated by giving them washing machines, refrigerators, etc.
If you were here you'be horrified about how they're treating this guy even after death, they suspended school for 3 days, they're treating this guy like god, sadly I'm not kidding. 

#45  March 07, 2013, 04:30:06 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
as a venezuelanM after chavez rose to power did things get worse for the poor or only for the middle and upper classes ? also, how old are you ?
#46  March 07, 2013, 10:01:34 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Well, Chavez took middle&upper class money, fields, etc for selling and giving the money to the poors. If someone has been working hard in his life while others has been making a lazy life...who the Hell is Chavez for passing the worker's properties to the lazies?

Example: a friend of me is from Venezeual, and so her parents. Well, they have a small field, but they came to Spain to look for a better future. The thing is...her father has to go to Venezuela every 2 weeks, because of the danger of expropriatrion(without giving a cent to them), and my question is, if someone worked HARD for having a property, no matter if small or whatever, WHO the hell Chavez is for expropriate it?

Also, the delinquency has grown a 300% since Chavez is in the head. If the "poor" have been given wash machine, refrigerators, etc; why does this happens? If they're living better, why the crime?

It's a big hole to be filled.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#47  March 07, 2013, 02:36:19 pm
i keep hearing stories like your friend's. people leaving venezuela. it's no wonder he had less and less opposition. the ridiculous censorship he applied was unacceptable. i can't believe that anyone would sing the praises about this shithead. some people on my facebook are and they're the same kind of people that would throw a fit at the slighest amount of censorship from our right wing government.
Spoiler: TL;DR examples of censorship from human rights watch (click to see content)
#48  March 07, 2013, 03:07:47 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
That's pretty much what we are living here now in Bolivia, they share the same estrategies to destroy any kind of opposition.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#49  March 07, 2013, 09:58:08 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
do you have a source
Local news of that time and the experience of a friend who came from Venezuela in 2003 escaping from all of that (also, his parents are exiled from Pinochet's dictatorship in 70s) who told me all of what happened there from his own experience there

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#50  March 07, 2013, 10:21:01 pm
i'll take that one with a grain of salt then
#51  March 07, 2013, 10:53:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am pretty much mostly interested in the opinion of the poor people from venezuela, not the rich people that had to flee the country because it became communist.
#52  March 08, 2013, 12:08:27 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Most of Venezuela's lower class think Chavez is the middle point between a charismatical leader and the second coming of Christ,  and don't seem (or don't want) to understand that the social policies Chavez implemented are populist tools and won't be around forever.

I read a NatGeo article about Chavez a few years ago. That was before he was diagnosed with cancer, I think. That article included an interview with a chavist woman that ran a state funded art project and was in the process of geting a college degree.

She said something similar to "But at the end of the day, I'm chavist at heart. We, the poor Venezuelans never felt like we were part of the government, never felt we had a voice...Chavez changed that."
#53  March 08, 2013, 12:21:39 am
not all poor in venezuela thinks like that, some gladly accepted his free housing project with free appliances and i think they don't pay any water bills too in that tenement, but said they won't vote for chavez again. chavez isn't popular to the younger masses, like a washed up politician that he is his charm only works to the elderly.
#54  March 08, 2013, 01:47:27 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Most of Venezuela's lower class think Chavez is the middle point between a charismatical leader and the second coming of Christ,  and don't seem (or don't want) to understand that the social policies Chavez implemented are populist tools and won't be around forever.

I read a NatGeo article about Chavez a few years ago. That was before he was diagnosed with cancer, I think. That article included an interview with a chavist woman that ran a state funded art project and was in the process of geting a college degree.

She said something similar to "But at the end of the day, I'm chavist at heart. We, the poor Venezuelans never felt like we were part of the government, never felt we had a voice...Chavez changed that."

That's in line to what I have heard, thanks.
#55  March 08, 2013, 01:58:26 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
That´s right, you help the poor people or below middle class then you earn their heart and confidence and in each election they will vote for you because of what you´re doing while to the rest he demeritated, damaged or dunno menaced with certain stuff in order for the opposition to stop "bothering" will they have legit reasons for his shitty work.

That´s the exact same plan the president of my country is elaborating, he´s just missing to modify the constitution to allow reelection and we (my country) are fucked.
Chilling
#56  March 08, 2013, 04:35:04 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
as a venezuelanM after chavez rose to power did things get worse for the poor or only for the middle and upper classes ? also, how old are you ?

Actually, It got worse for everyone, but the poor don't realize it, Titiln and FeLo_Llop, I'm guessing you are in close contact with our situation here, 'cause you got right all you said, I'm telling you guys, He didn't only f*** up the middle and high classes, but the entire country, we're are ALL getting rationed water, electricity, and even food, I don't know if you know what Harina Pan is, is the main ingredient for arepas, empanadas and such, things that we eat all the time, or at least we try to, you have make a line at a certain time at the market and get 4 per person, like it's lottery.

A "they stole my phone" story has become as common as brushing your teeth, and "they shot me in order to steal my phone" even more.
Our coin recently devaluated again.

By the way, I'm 17, yeah I know I'm really young to be talking about politics.
But I am

#57  March 08, 2013, 02:53:07 pm
  • SNK is life
Nobody is too young to be talking politics. These are things that affect your life, if you open your eyes sooner, it's better.
#58  March 08, 2013, 04:31:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
gas is like 4 cents per liter, right ?
#59  March 08, 2013, 04:55:53 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Gas price is indeed low, but there are more severe problems with the country, they have to wait a lot to get basic stuff like rice, chicken, meat, from time to time they don't have water, electricity, or both.

The problem with Chavez is that he had the best setup for a great government, he had way more money on his hands than any other venezuelian president, he could have invest it on stuff that could make that country bigger and he only did politics and not an actual gestion (don't know if that word means the same in english).
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#60  March 08, 2013, 06:02:42 pm
  • SNK is life
My view may be too simplistic, but it just came to me lately that Oil revenues in a country are actually like a random gift.

Today Oil costs X, tomorrow it's X+3, and the month after is X+15. You just know you have Oil, but all of a sudden you have a buttload of extra incomes when the price goes up (this happened in MX a few years ago). All of that money can be good for 2 things in a 3rd world country (1) STEAL IT (2) Do something with it.

Knowing the fact that Venezuela has the most oil IN THE WORLD, and they didn't quite steal all of it (hi Mx, I'm looking at you), but gave it to the people instead in the form of appliances and cheap gas prices, I guess I'd rather have that than what we have here. Simple, right?

I'm sure there are intricacies as to how Private Oil companies were affected by getting their shit expropiated, but then again is a handful of OMG rich people getting hella richer. The oil being the natural resource that it is, should belong to the people IMO