YesNoOk

Your ideal fighting game? (Read 4186 times)

Started by lui, April 05, 2016, 12:33:03 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Your ideal fighting game?
#1  April 05, 2016, 12:33:03 pm
    • USA
If you were ever to design your dream fighting game, what would it be like?

Your Mechanics? Art Style? 2D or 3D gameplay? Sprites or 3D models? Mixture of both? A new IP or a sequel to your favorite franchise? Whatever!

Discuss it all here!
Re: Your ideal fighting game?
#2  April 05, 2016, 03:36:47 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
for me this is the best sprite I ever seem before in 2D  :coollove:

For me this is the best sprite i ever seem before in 3D   :yuno:

my favorite Mechanics is in Tekken games and Street fighter 2, 3  :gouki:
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 03:42:37 pm by yaret
#3  April 05, 2016, 03:41:58 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Xrd is also in 3D, it's not spritework
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  April 05, 2016, 03:44:35 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
hehe they look liked to be 2D really amazin whatever.xD
#5  April 05, 2016, 04:00:44 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
For quite some time I've been toying with the Idea of making a fighting game, I've already come up with a plot (story is not completed, but some general stuff like characters' relationships, their roles, arcs and stuff like that are already settled) and the character designs.

I imagine the game like this:

-2D gameplay with sprites at a high resolution (something like BB), stages are 3D though.
-Gameplay would be a mix of games like SF, MvC and Guilty Gear with some KOF thrown in as well. There would be links, chains, launchers, air combos, hope, super jumps, etc, with a twist to some of them.
-Art style would be anime style inspired by some IPs which I'm fond of.
-13 characters* (which again have been thought out already)

*Among them there are 2 characters that work as a duo, and they would have a tag in/out mechanic of both MvC and SFxT (each with their goods and bads), they would also have the TvC air raid along with other things. To prevent the ability to be able to play as 2 characters from being too broken, if you knock one of them out it will already be a win for you, along with both tag mechanics being really risky.

(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:01:34 pm by DelusionTrim
#6  April 05, 2016, 04:04:00 pm
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
Well...
- Something that I can play on PC (read: my moderately powerful everyday laptop) without running into major performance issues.
- 2D Sprite-based fighter. Sprite resolution doesn't matter that much. Capcom vs SNK-esque, MB-esque, or UNIEL-esque, they're fine. Just keep in mind my earlier point.
- Sprite-based stages are preferred, but some application of 3D is fine too. I generally like Tatsu's stages, so that might give people an idea.
- 3-4 face buttons for attacks, since my normal keyboard can only handle so much...
- Mechanics somewhere in the middle of the road. Not too bare-bones (SF2 vanilla), but not too overwhelming (borderline BB).
- Perhaps have character differentiation go beyond special attacks, and have a face button dedicated to an exclusive ability, like BlazBlue did it with individual characters and their Drives (Hakumen's counters, Jin's ice abilities, Relius' Stand Ignis...)
- Not too combo-centric, in which I have to do long combos in order to deal any reliable amount of damage

Hm. Maybe I'm asking a bit too much...
If I had a more powerful rig or a console, my horizons would be expanded a fair bit. But alas, that's not the case...

EDIT: Major rearrangement of post, along with some additions.
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:51:26 pm by Ethereal
#7  April 05, 2016, 04:44:43 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-14 to 16 character : I prefer small roster since most of the time there is more variety (Garou and SFV for example)
-A sprite style similar to 3rd Strike
-The gameplay while im still really new would be inspire by 3rd Strike with some element from Tekken and SFV
-A kickass announcer
-A cool boss (Something like Geese, Rugal or Bison)
-Character would be greatly inspire by Hokuto no Ken
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#8  April 05, 2016, 04:58:20 pm
  • Born From the 93's
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://mrpr1993.deviantart.com/
I would make one with my own characters, which a story mode. Which is a good thing since it turns out that someone actually programmed the Story Mode for MUGEN like forever ago.

As for gameplay, I could go for a 6-button fighter and a boss.
CURRENT PROJECTS:
-Characters: Vera Trappz (OC)
-Stages: Springfield Town Square (Update)

IDEAS I HAVE:
-Characters: Mona-Lisa (OC), Danny Phantom, Betty Boop, Kim Possible, Aladdin, Oggy, NEW! Cartoon Guy
-Stages: Toon World (Cartoon Guy), End Of The World
#9  April 05, 2016, 05:35:24 pm
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well...
-For me there is no need in big roster. SF2:WW technicaly had in roster just 8 chars + 4 bosses. The same Garou had 10 chars + 2 bosses.
-Of sourse, badass boss. Still, not cheating one...
-Awesome OST. And this is MOST important stuff.
-Enjoyable game mechanics. Like SF3, CvS2 or the same Garou.
-2-D pixelated graphics. Much like Garou or CvS. Or full 3-D graphics then. But still with 2-D gameplay.
#10  April 05, 2016, 05:41:36 pm
    • Peru
-6 buttons
-mk9/mkx style, with user friendly input timing
-no 360's, 720's or charging
-14+ characters (if they're unique enough from each other, the more the merrier, though I absolutely love pressure/rushdown characters)
-engaging story
-Graphics can be whichever, as long as they're in a 2D plain. Smooth animations would be preferable instead of choppy ones... CvS smoothness would suffice, I guess, though 3rd Strike smoothness would be preferable.
-Power gauges and supers (1, 2 and 3 levels). Variants not necessary.

Basically MK-inspired gameplay (like the last two MK titles), but with 6 buttons a la SF.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#11  April 05, 2016, 05:44:31 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
-Light, Medium, Heavy. MvC3 or either JJBA (Capcom or All Star Battle) style.
-Special button that works similar to Smash. Neutral S, side+S (maybe one for back, one for forward, depending on the character?), down+S, up+S. Potentially no up+S, I DON'T KNOW.
-Dashes. Some dashes turn into runs. Dash/Run attacks. Super jumps. Air dashes. Anime~
-A combo system similar to DMC/Bayo/Anarchy, perhaps? Pauses between inputs, I mean. Maybe a universal EXTRA JOY attack with top priority at the expense of a bit of health.
-JJBA ASB dynamic taunts. Only not broken. ASB levels of FLASH across the board, really. Stylish as hell, that game. Far from perfect, but so stylish.
-GGXrd caliber psuedo-2D visuals.
-Small-ish roster. Maybe 12. Add more periodically. Updates, not "sequels." What the game plan is for SFV as of now.
-Platinum/Suda51 levels of insanity, please. See also: Asura's Wrath. Over-the-top ANIMEEEE fighter not based on any anime, basically.

Alternatively, I just want Platinum to make a fighting game.
#12  April 05, 2016, 07:48:41 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Let's see...

-Preferably staying 4 buttons: Weak Attack, Hard Attack, Melee, Parry
-The Garou's Just Defend mechanic in the Last Blade's Speed and Burst combat system.
-Vanillaware's Rich 2D character sprites and art with 2D layerd environements
-Last Blade 2's cast, adding two new characters. Keep the cast small and focused.
>The other being a Wild Game Hunter type that wields an axe and uses bows, maybe even use spirit animals.
>A diesel-punk assassin of some sort, perhaps using a chainsaw type weapon. This guy is purposeful as he would be out of place in Feudal Japan.

To sum it up, I want a sequel to the Last Blade done by Vanillaware <3 That's my dream
#13  April 05, 2016, 08:29:31 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
I've been concepting a fighting game myself, I'll spoil the details on things I've been thinking about.
-14 initial characters at start. 12 unlockable characters, with one of them a sub-boss, one the Arcade boss, and two secret bosses.
-4 button gameplay. Two punches and kicks.
-Dial-up combos in the vein of Real Bout's system or Fighting Layer's Combination Moves.
-Movement is dependent on the character. Some characters can either run, dash, hop dash or teleport. Some characters can't airdash while some can.
-Each character has a trait that is unique to them in some way that affects their gameplay. While some have subtle things such as increased attack with more superbar, some can have their own meter that they can build up from doing counter-hits.
-A mechanic each character has akin to SFV's V-Skill. It's usually related to their unique traits.
-3 levels of super. Level 1 supers and a level 3 super for each.

That's a short gist of it gameplay wise.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#14  April 05, 2016, 09:28:27 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
-38 characters(Crossover style like mario series, Capcom series, Kirby series, Arana heart series, touhou series...), 10 unlockable characters, 1 sub-boss and 1 final boss.
-35 stages and 5 unlockables.
-6 six button gameplay.
-Mechanics like: dodge, super jump, chain combo, parry, power charge, striker system...
-The story mode should have a intro, cutscenes with the sub-boss and final boss and ending.
-A special mode where you can play as the sub-boss and final boss if you love play as bosses
-The sub-boss is like a normal character but a little strong and 1500 life.
-The final boss Ai shouldn´t be cheap, but is strong with multiple form, the first form is like a normal character but he/she can´t use dodge and parry, as a substitute the boss uses an automatic alpha counter and teleport system, the boss´power charge is a bit powerfull, the rest of the form should be awesome and original, the life should be 2000 and the music should be awesome(Like an orchestra with amazing choirs).
#15  April 05, 2016, 09:53:34 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I've been trying to come up with an idea for a fighting game with the hopes of actually making it a reality one day, here's what I've been thinking so far:

1. Art Style: 2D graphics that take inspiration from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future, and Marvel vs. Capcom. Battle venues would take to how the art staff who worked on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future for the Future handled backgrounds.

2. Mechanics:

-Button layout: 4-buttons layout.

-14 char roster: 12 of them would be the playable cast, one sub-boss, and one final boss. In addition, maybe some non-playable chars (will explain below), and a DLC char or two.

-Modes: The ones you would expect of a 2D fighting game: Arcade, 2P Vs, and the like. In addition, I'd make a Story Mode that works like Mortal Kombat X, in this case, a story mode that is divided into chapters; it would focus on the two protagonists I have in mind,and each one's story plays out a bit differently than the other, but would intertwine with each other. In addition, there would be a few non-playabe characters in this mode that the protagonists would have to fight, similar to how Rain, Sindel, and Baraka were non-playable, and were fought in the aforementioned game's story mode.

-Mechanics: Run, Dodge, Super Cancel, Rising Counter (the idea for this would be like, while getting up from a hit, the character can perform an attack that can cancel into other attacks and such, if it connects. Still trying to work it out), Guard Push, Ether Burst (similar to the V-Trigger in Street Fighter V).

That's pretty much all I have, still trying to figure it out slowly.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 09:58:48 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#16  April 05, 2016, 10:21:17 pm
new darkstalkers game:
all of vampire savior's mechanics, put new finishing supers and make it work like blazblue cs astral heat but with not so much restrictions. make the guard counter easier to do (i know im a scrub). all characters and new ones. 2d sprites would be good but i would prefer Xrd's 3d cell shaded graphics.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#17  April 05, 2016, 10:23:23 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Since we're talking ideal fighting games...

Time Killers ReBirth

Art Style: 2.5D. Basically take what you currently see with games like Street Fighter V, MKX, and even Guilty Gear Xrd and there you go.

Mechanics:
-Roster: The Original eight fighters would return, but better tuned to different play styles (For example, Leif would be the game's grappler character, Rancid would be your Balanced fighter, etc.). In addition, two more characters would be added to the main roster (One based of the Wild West and the other based on a Persian Immortal) and Death, the final boss, is also playable. There would also be at least four DLC characters to round out the roster at 15 characters.

-Button Layout: 6 buttons. One for each limb, one for the head and one for blocking

-Mechanics:
 -EX Moves (costs one bar of meter, enhances special moves)
 -Time Counter (Combo Breaker mechanic)
 -Kill Shot (Super Move based on the X-Ray moves from MK9 and MKX)
 -Head Shot (When opponent is stunned, you can do a motion for a quick finisher)
 -Death Move (End of match finisher)

-Modes:
 -Arcade
 -Versus
 -Online Play
 -Tutorial
 -Practice
 -Watch
#18  April 05, 2016, 10:58:36 pm
    • Canada
    • stevalalxx@gmail.com
first off i want a fighting game that is also a beat em up with rpg elements openworld and online where you start as a custom dude in blue jeans and a white tee with only light kick and light punch then you final fight  your way threw various city's around the world such as new york and hong kong picking up cash, metro city street meat and lead pipes that can be consumed or equipped rpg style checking out fast food dives to buy grub that refills your life and stopping in at shops to buy alternate color gis and various items such as hip top sneakers to increase your walk speed or combat boots that improve your kick strength searching for gyms dojos and fight clubs to train in and enter in fighting game style tournaments and challenge gym trainers, dojo sensi and area gang bosses  defeating them to level up and get higher attack power (damage output), defense level (damage intake and guard crush meter)  HP(lifebar) and chi (supermeter) and to learn new fighting styles such as kung fu or boxing increasing your options allowing you to assign various moves such as hay makers, uppercuts and roundhouse kicks to your remaining punch and kick buttons as well as a special moves like fireballs to your command controls that would level up from gadoken to to metsu-shinku-meltu-freaking-face-off-ken and skills like but not limited too air guard, auto guard, dodge, dash, roll, run, double jump, wall jump, super jump, parry, and custom combo that can be equipped via points system like in ps1 sfa3 world tour mode only more complex as you defeat fighters you recruit fighters building your roster to choose a party of 3 that can be switched during combat via tag system once your strong enough you can join factions like interpol or shadow loo and complete missions hunting down various items or fighters in specific locations as well as compete in international world warrior tournaments

roster would be 12 fighters but they would switch as you recruited and kicked fighters off your team
game play would be a mash up of open world with side scrolling beat em up areas and fighting game style boss fights
fights could be 1v1 1v2 1v3 2v3 or 3v3 depending on the levels of the challengers
mechanics would be custom for each fighter depending of his or her setup
but a tag system, 3 level super bar, and guard crush meter, combo chains launchers and aerial raves would be pretty standard
graphics would have to be 3D for customization but in an cell shaded comic book art style
character design would be street fighter alpha style meets svc
with exaggerated proportions but more slender and with wide ranging character sizes from tiny little ninja school girl to juggernaut sized grappler
4 button gameplay for beat em up levels punch kick jump and block as well as start menu for equipment and items
6 button gameplay for fighting game style fights
Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:03:54 pm by 0megaturb0
#19  April 05, 2016, 11:19:33 pm
Roster: 24 Fighters

Controls: 3 button fighter with chaining system (char specific)

Type: 2D

Visuals: 3D models, toon proportions with realistic shading

Notable Mechanics: Max Mode

Supers: All characters would have 3, 1 MAX

IP: Original