YesNoOk

Five Nights at Freddy's (Read 399006 times)

Started by Sleepy Eskimo, August 16, 2014, 05:51:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
#321  July 31, 2015, 02:41:33 am
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
new GT video on FNAF 4 its more about the science behind it or rather impossibly behind it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJ2jZtW7cw

Hello Jango welcome to GAME THEORY @Jango Hakamichi.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:49:52 am by BaganSmashBros
#322  July 31, 2015, 02:45:17 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Holy fucking shit that video is literally "The creator of the game is wrong because the official story doesn't line up with the headcanon I've invented."

I see why you hate that guy so much, Jango. 
#323  July 31, 2015, 02:48:57 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
hes actually right scientifically but yea not the video I am waiting for from him. He will be doing the Lore one next which is what I THOUGHT this was before I watched it. Either way his facts line up assuming this is the victim, but he is mainly overthinking this one just to overthink it lol.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#324  July 31, 2015, 02:59:17 am
And he incorrectly said that Bite can't happen with the protagonist. Yeah, it can. Game itself is impossible this way though...if it really is a normal dream. We have shit like Puppet, Springtrap and Golden Freddy anyway and Fredbear's last few words about fixing the kid are suspicious (he certainly can't fix his brain or remove memories of the event, so, what can he fix?) and the kid dies after that.
#325  July 31, 2015, 03:02:55 am
  • I see you.
the other games don't take place in a person's mind it actually happens. This theory is basically saying cause scientifically if your frontal lobe is bitten off this is what a person would go through, no fear or anything of the sort. The other games could easily happen and Matt's theory still hold on this one. As for the game being impossible THAT IS THE IDEA of the theory. He got bit and lost the part of his brain that would allow any of this to take place in his imagination or "nightmare".

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:07:33 am by Laharl
#326  July 31, 2015, 03:07:00 am
the other games don't take place in a person's mind it actually happens. This theory is basically saying cause scientifically if your frontal lobe is bitten off this is what a person would go through, no fear or anything of the sort. The other games could easily happen and Matt's theory still hold on this one.
They happen in real world. And that is worse because dreams can be very random, but not reality. Theory is still true, but it doesn't makes it impossible for the kid to be bitten. It is impossible for game to happen this way though.
#327  July 31, 2015, 03:08:48 am
  • I see you.
the kid could easily have gotten bitten and the rest take place the fact is this kid would not have these nightmares as it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to imagine these things. You basically just stated the theory exactly as matt patt said lol. The point of the theory is to state that the creator rushed and screwed up making his own story by telling an impossible story. That is the point.

#328  July 31, 2015, 03:10:32 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
They happen in real world. And that is worse because dreams can be very random, but not reality. Theory is still true, but it doesn't makes it impossible for the kid to be bitten. It is impossible for game to happen this way though.

He never said that it was impossible for the kid to be bitten. He said that it was impossible for the game to play the way it does because a victim of such an incident would have no response to fear as a result.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#329  July 31, 2015, 03:13:29 am
the kid could easily have gotten bitten and the rest take place the fact is this kid would not have these nightmares as it is literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to imagine these things. You basically just stated the theory exactly as matt patt said lol.
I was talking about what he said at the end. "There is no single way the main character of FNAF4 can be the Bite of '87 victim like Scott seems to have indicated". Technically, it is possible. The character himself doesn't disappears. But those nightmares can't happen.

He never said that it was impossible for the kid to be bitten. He said that it was impossible for the game to play the way it does because a victim of such an incident would have no response to fear as a result.

Then i probably misunderstood what he said at the end.

By the way, why only frontal lobe was damaged anyway? Considering how far the kid was showed into Fredbear's mouth, his entire head should have been damaged or severed (if his jaws are strong enough, but i doubt it). Unless its just the angle and kid was hanging by small part of his head instead.
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:22:40 am by BaganSmashBros
#330  July 31, 2015, 03:26:31 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
By the way, why only frontal lobe was damaged anyway? Considering how far the kid was showed into Fredbear's mouth, his entire head should have been damaged or severed (if his jaws are strong enough, but i doubt it). Unless its just the angle and kid was hanging by small part of his head instead.
It was probably the endoskeleton's teeth that did most of the biting. The inner teeth. The outer ones are most likely for show and couldn't do damage.

#331  July 31, 2015, 03:36:44 am
It was probably the endoskeleton's teeth that did most of the biting. The inner teeth. The outer ones are most likely for show and couldn't do damage.

Outer teeth still look like they aren't made of rubber either. And why are those endoskeleton teeth even here? Real endoskeletons lack those. Its more expensive (yeah, not by much, but still) than not having them and less dangerous too. And they weren't removed long after the bite (but endoskeletons themselves have changed).
#332  July 31, 2015, 03:40:54 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Outer teeth still look like they aren't made of rubber either. And why are those endoskeleton teeth even here? Real endoskeletons lack those. Its more expensive (yeah, not by much, but still) than not having them and less dangerous too. And they weren't removed long after the bite (but endoskeletons themselves have changed).
Well the outer teeth are much larger and without significant sharpness wouldn't just crush rather slice through. Look at the endoskeleton though. They have much smaller teeth that could easily be sharp.

#333  July 31, 2015, 03:50:55 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Finally I was able to get this post through.

I can just imagine all the Game Theory fans waIting for their lord and savior MattPat to explain everything logically, but instead he just takes a diarrhea dump on Scott for a scientific inaccuracy and they all slit their wrists in depression. You have a storyline about the ghosts of kids possessing animatronic suits and a pizza entertainment place making animatronic/human hybrid suits that can kill you if you simply BREATHE on the wrong parts, and he's complaining about a frontal lobe lobotomy not being portrayed correctly? The fact that he had to pull the medical inaccuracy card on this series shows that he really doesn't know what he's talking about, and is pretty much just in it for dat youtube gold (surprise surprise).

I mean, yeah, I dislike FNaF4 and I don't think its storyline meshes with the first 3 games at all, but I will at least argue it on the story's terms, not some bullshit medical claims. When you analyze fiction, you do so on the work's terms, not your own. Just to illustrate, let me "debunk" some other franchises on those same grounds.

• Portal 2's storyline cannot ever happen because Aperture Science was commercially able to yank homeless people off the streets and pay them $100 to do life-threatening experiments without ANY legal problems.
  • Super Mario Bros 3's storyline cannot ever happen because in the submarine level, Mario is able to swim through lava, and in real life people will catch on fire merely by standing near it.
  • Tekken's storyline cannot ever happen because Heihachi survived a bomb at point-blank range without a scratch, whereas in real life, a person would be dead and probably in pieces.
  • Pulp Fiction's storyline cannot ever happen because Jules' bible verse is not an actual bible verse.
  • The Land Before Time's storyline cannot ever happen because Apatosaurus was from the Jurassic Period and Tyrannosaurus Rex was from the Cretaceous Period.
  • The Lion King's storyline cannot ever happen because hyenas don't sound like Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin, or Jim Cummings.
I could do this all day.

Now in response to the other stuff, goddamn Scott Cawthon thinks he can get away with that sob letter because he's a living human being? Why that son of a...

Scott said:
I don’t party on weekends, I don’t get drunk or sip martinis. I spend my evenings playing Megaman 3, buster only, with my kids. And I try to good with what’s been given to me.
Scott confirmed for Best Dad

and also the picture of the animatronics in progress give me some hope on the movie.
#334  July 31, 2015, 04:05:27 am
Well the outer teeth are much larger and without significant sharpness wouldn't just crush rather slice through. Look at the endoskeleton though. They have much smaller teeth that could easily be sharp.

That would still involve damaging whatever part of kid gets in the way. Slicing isn't necessary for this situation and probably would result in death earlier due to simply bleeding to death (teeth somehow would have to reach the frontal lobe, but there is a layer of bones, muscles and skin that must be damaged to reach it and there are a lot of those endoskeleton teeth).
Yeah, look like something that really shouldn't be here. And even after the bite, they remain on the endoskeletons despite their change between 2 games.
  • Super Mario Bros 3's storyline cannot ever happen because in the submarine level, Mario is able to swim through lava, and in real life people will catch on fire merely by standing near it.
Er...Donkey Kong can't be real because average adult human (especially one like Mario) can barely jump, floating platforms in 80's were not possible, gorillas can't be so big and Mario shouldn't be able to swing the hammer. Going that far wasn't necessary.

But yeah. He is kinda late with questioning logic and reality in FNAF. Animatronics from 80's and 90's shouldn't be able to move around (they were allowed to walk around freely during the day and it was acknowledged, so, its not part of the possession stuff), they also shouldn't be able to stuff people into suits (animatronics are known to be very fragile) and shit like Foxy and Mangle's teeth and exposed wires shouldn't be allowed because they are obviously dangerous.
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:11:14 am by BaganSmashBros
#335  July 31, 2015, 04:13:09 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
You know I'm playing around with that list, right? I'm showing just how ridiculous MattPat's reasoning is in other contexts.
#336  July 31, 2015, 04:14:10 am
You know I'm playing around with that list, right? I'm showing just how ridiculous MattPat's reasoning is in other contexts.
Yes. Its pretty obvious with "The Lion King's storyline cannot ever happen because hyenas don't sound like Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin, or Jim Cummings." Just sayin' you could have started at the roots.

Also, "food for thought" for you (involves pretty useful texture rips from this game):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:29:44 am by BaganSmashBros
#337  July 31, 2015, 04:57:45 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Finally I was able to get this post through.

I can just imagine all the Game Theory fans waIting for their lord and savior MattPat to explain everything logically, but instead he just takes a diarrhea dump on Scott for a scientific inaccuracy and they all slit their wrists in depression. You have a storyline about the ghosts of kids possessing animatronic suits and a pizza entertainment place making animatronic/human hybrid suits that can kill you if you simply BREATHE on the wrong parts, and he's complaining about a frontal lobe lobotomy not being portrayed correctly? The fact that he had to pull the medical inaccuracy card on this series shows that he really doesn't know what he's talking about, and is pretty much just in it for dat youtube gold (surprise surprise).

I mean, yeah, I dislike FNaF4 and I don't think its storyline meshes with the first 3 games at all, but I will at least argue it on the story's terms, not some bullshit medical claims. When you analyze fiction, you do so on the work's terms, not your own. Just to illustrate, let me "debunk" some other franchises on those same grounds.

• Portal 2's storyline cannot ever happen because Aperture Science was commercially able to yank homeless people off the streets and pay them $100 to do life-threatening experiments without ANY legal problems.
  • Tekken's storyline cannot ever happen because Heihachi survived a bomb at point-blank range without a scratch, whereas in real life, a person would be dead and probably in pieces.
  • Pulp Fiction's storyline cannot ever happen because Jules' bible verse is not an actual bible verse.
  • The Land Before Time's storyline cannot ever happen because Apatosaurus was from the Jurassic Period and Tyrannosaurus Rex was from the Cretaceous Period.
  • The Lion King's storyline cannot ever happen because hyenas don't sound like Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin, or Jim Cummings.
I could do this all day.
Uh dude? You know he's just an entertainer right? He's done theory videos like that before, so why are you so surprised about this particular one? Also, they're just theories. Nothing is factual because Scott himself hasn't told anyone outright what the exact plot and meaning behind everything is. For all we know, we could all be horribly wrong about our own theories based on what we've seen, heard, and read about the game. We interpret what we see by what we're given. Regardless of its impact on the story, his theory was actually pretty interesting. The story of FNaF as always been fucked up, but other than the paranormal elements, these things are seen as very real and could potentially happen to some extent. Matt is just looking at the only real part of this game and applying science and other findings to it. What else could he really pick apart when the basis of the game is one fucking Deus Ex Machina? ANYTHING can happen in dreams and nightmares. Boom. Plot hole filled. In the end, it's just a bit of edutainment I suppose.

Unfortunately, the 8-bit nature cleverly shows us no details at all, so neither of us can really say for sure. We're just speculating here. Maybe by "missing his frontal lobe" it really means that it was just crushed, rendering it useless and therefore "missing" because that portion of his brain won't be functioning correctly anymore. That's how it's portrayed anyways. If there was blood, Scott would have shown us blood coming from the mouth, like how Springtrap was. Thinking more about it, that's probably what it is. We just have to assume that the pressure from all that metal was enough to crush a portion of his skull that contained the frontal lobe.

Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:04:17 am by Алексей
#338  July 31, 2015, 07:07:49 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Uh dude? You know he's just an entertainer right? He's done theory videos like that before, so why are you so surprised about this particular one? Also, they're just theories. Nothing is factual because Scott himself hasn't told anyone outright what the exact plot and meaning behind everything is. For all we know, we could all be horribly wrong about our own theories based on what we've seen, heard, and read about the game. We interpret what we see by what we're given. Regardless of its impact on the story, his theory was actually pretty interesting. The story of FNaF as always been fucked up, but other than the paranormal elements, these things are seen as very real and could potentially happen to some extent. Matt is just looking at the only real part of this game and applying science and other findings to it. What else could he really pick apart when the basis of the game is one fucking Deus Ex Machina? ANYTHING can happen in dreams and nightmares. Boom. Plot hole filled. In the end, it's just a bit of edutainment I suppose.
Yeah I know he's an entertainer. Doesn't mean his logic doesn't suck though. There are lots of dudes who do a lot of research on a topic but are still entertaining to watch, so I don't see where the entertainer excuse comes in. And yes I know he does more videos like these, and they all involve grasping at tangents while ignoring the very facts that are actually present in-game.

What makes the theories surrounding 4 especially complex is how much we know about the FNaF universe got thrown out the window in one game. 1-3 built on each other pretty well with few problems, and the new things we learned all built on each other. However, 4 basically messed up the continuity on things we not just took for granted, but things that were pretty much stated as fact (ie: Fredbear's Family Diner closing years before Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, yet the Bite of '87 occurred when Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was in operation, meaning that Fredbear should've been long gone before this happened). This is where the problems are.

Also I don't think you know what a Deux Ex Machina is:

a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object.
Are you saying that Fredbear just magically showed up and bit the child for no other reason than to give the Bite of '87 a perpetrator?
#339  July 31, 2015, 10:05:58 am
Animatronics also are real. Not in this game (outside of minigames of course), but in all previous games. Why only now say that part of FNAF is impossible? It always was impossible, even if you will take out all of the paranormal elements. The main problem was a more important part of FNAF than Bite of 87 - animatronics themselves. Bite of 87 can't happen because animatronics are too fragile, so, slightest resistance to a motor could seriously damage it. And a child held by his mouth would damage the animatronic. Struggling human would also break them easily. And i don't remember hearing him say that all games are impossible because animatronics would break in every game just from trying to stuff security guard into a suit. So, why start now with impossibility of nightmares after Bite of 87 when the whole thing is impossible because animatronics are too fragile to be able to damage frontal lobe, even with Foxy and Mangle's teeth? Unless those animatronics were made durable and strong enough to be able to crush bones from simple actions like singing/talking, but why do that? Entertainer or not, he should notice bigger issues with the games first.
Unfortunately, the 8-bit nature cleverly shows us no details at all, so neither of us can really say for sure. We're just speculating here. Maybe by "missing his frontal lobe" it really means that it was just crushed, rendering it useless and therefore "missing" because that portion of his brain won't be functioning correctly anymore. That's how it's portrayed anyways. If there was blood, Scott would have shown us blood coming from the mouth, like how Springtrap was. Thinking more about it, that's probably what it is. We just have to assume that the pressure from all that metal was enough to crush a portion of his skull that contained the frontal lobe.
Frontal lobe being crushed makes more sense since there is no blood.
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:28:00 am by BaganSmashBros
#340  July 31, 2015, 02:20:19 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yeah I know he's an entertainer. Doesn't mean his logic doesn't suck though. There are lots of dudes who do a lot of research on a topic but are still entertaining to watch, so I don't see where the entertainer excuse comes in. And yes I know he does more videos like these, and they all involve grasping at tangents while ignoring the very facts that are actually present in-game.

What makes the theories surrounding 4 especially complex is how much we know about the FNaF universe got thrown out the window in one game. 1-3 built on each other pretty well with few problems, and the new things we learned all built on each other. However, 4 basically messed up the continuity on things we not just took for granted, but things that were pretty much stated as fact (ie: Fredbear's Family Diner closing years before Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, yet the Bite of '87 occurred when Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was in operation, meaning that Fredbear should've been long gone before this happened). This is where the problems are.

Also I don't think you know what a Deux Ex Machina is:

a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object.
Are you saying that Fredbear just magically showed up and bit the child for no other reason than to give the Bite of '87 a perpetrator?
Well to be fair, this episode was never about the plot to begin with. We also have no cold hard evidence as to the extent of the damage to this child. He could be dead for all we know. His body sure goes limp after that bite. Matt's theory is nothing more than "this gameplay cannot happen if it's true that we're playing as the victim of the Bite of '87 having no frontal lobe."

Well, I know I can be hard to understand at times, due to... reasons, but I do have an understanding of Deus Ex Machina is. I think you have me wrong though. I'm not saying that Fredbear magically appeared to give the Bite of '87 a perpetrator. The Deus Ex Machina I'm referring to is the fact that 90% of the gameplay of this game is in a nightmare, where anything can happen. We look to the entire game for plot and hints and clues as to what is really going on. Well, my point is that all of that could be for naught when we bring something as crazy as dream analysis into play. I've had nightmares about shit that I've never come in counter with and never experienced before. Are we really supposed to believe everything we see in this kid's nightmares? The other 10% of the game is the 8-bit mini games where we walk around. That is a problem in itself because we don't know when that's happening. Is that what is actually happening? Is that how the kid remembers the events that took place? Are we being told the story through some other entity? We don't know.

Animatronics also are real. Not in this game (outside of minigames of course), but in all previous games. Why only now say that part of FNAF is impossible? It always was impossible, even if you will take out all of the paranormal elements. The main problem was a more important part of FNAF than Bite of 87 - animatronics themselves. Bite of 87 can't happen because animatronics are too fragile, so, slightest resistance to a motor could seriously damage it. And a child held by his mouth would damage the animatronic. Struggling human would also break them easily. And i don't remember hearing him say that all games are impossible because animatronics would break in every game just from trying to stuff security guard into a suit. So, why start now with impossibility of nightmares after Bite of 87 when the whole thing is impossible because animatronics are too fragile to be able to damage frontal lobe, even with Foxy and Mangle's teeth? Unless those animatronics were made durable and strong enough to be able to crush bones from simple actions like singing/talking, but why do that? Entertainer or not, he should notice bigger issues with the games first.
MatPat is saying that the current gameplay of FNaF 4 (only) cannot exist due to the actual effects of lobotomized patients having no response to fear. A huge portion of gameplay in FNaF 4 is what we assume to be a child's nightmares. We don't know how fragile these animatronics are. They're apparently sturdy enough to kill you if you're shoved into one of them as we know from the other 2 games. As was said before, Fazbear Entertainment could give two shits less about the safety of people around these things. We have no idea how they're built other than mostly metal. I'm sure they're not your average fragile animatronics since they have full metal (steel maybe?) endoskeletons inside. We know from FNaF 4 (provided that the event portrayed to us really is the Bite of '87) that the yellow/golden bear animatronic (presumably Fredbear) is the one who did the bite. Why are you talking about Mangle or Foxy? Notice also how we've never seen Fredbear outside of an 8-bit form? We have literally no idea of how he's built, what parts he has inside him or anything. We mostly assume that he's got an endoskeleton, but we really have no idea.