YesNoOk

Mugen Character Funding  (Read 22414 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, November 13, 2013, 09:09:38 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen Character Funding
#61  November 14, 2013, 04:30:56 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
2muchdrama

The  middleman is unneeded but can act as an insurance/alternative in case the money is mishandled
#62  November 14, 2013, 04:46:30 pm
More like the opposite, people who want to donate directly donate to the spriter. I didn't keep up of the whole topic but if this is mostly aimed at Sean, I'm pretty sure we can all trust him, not to mention we've done it before (when someone started commissioning him for something but couldn't finish the funding, and Sean posted about it, and everyone pitched in)
All this need is one poll to agree on a character, then we make sure enough people are interested in that character (some people might be willing to throw some bucks but then change their mind if it's a character they don't care for), and then we ask him, and then everyone pitches in. No middleman.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#63  November 14, 2013, 04:58:12 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
gbk polling ideas are good, this kind of thing wouldnt take a normal polling.

I mean there are so many people with so many diverse ideas that even if 20 people all want the same char, others wouldnt want that one and wouldnt pitch into it, and theres also the whole thing iwth sean not wanting to do some chars or prefering others.
#64  November 14, 2013, 05:02:58 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and felo (and I guess cvsnb) is already full for the time being.
#65  November 14, 2013, 05:35:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
thing is, you need a coder AND a spriter in those cases, and it needs to be a coder that is willing to do something out of his comfort zone, since its still a paid job.
#66  November 14, 2013, 05:54:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
being realistic just by making a sprite set free coders are gonna surface, the advantage of having a designated coder is that a good one can help come up witha  decent movelist in case the character is not a port (from a 3d or a style change).
#67  November 14, 2013, 07:31:44 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
OK, so who is interested in donating some money for CvS Mature? No need to reach an amount or anything, just want to see the level of interest and stuff, because there is  (a spriter) interest, interest on a volunteer basis.

But c'mon this deserves money! Let's show support!!!
#68  November 14, 2013, 08:20:09 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
To be honest, it was a pretty interesting exchange of ideas until Jango came hounding on GBK.

It's sad to see this thread derailed.
Most of my arguments were actually repeated from other people, so in reality, you should blame GBK for thinking that I was the only one opposed to the idea. Goddammit walt, how many MUGEN waifus do you have?

* Imposter Owen Wilson cries into Jmorphman's lap.

being realistic just by making a sprite set free coders are gonna surface, the advantage of having a designated coder is that a good one can help come up witha  decent movelist in case the character is not a port (from a 3d or a style change).
Exactly. Hence why I'm happy with how Sean is a SMB movie fan so he could help out with that. And on a side note, a free spriteset could potentially lead to DrKelexo/The_None treatment, so I guess if you want to see Jack Fury shit out Carl Winslow's head as a projectile whilst a Wilhelm scream plays, then by all means wop your wad on the counter.

OK, so who is interested in donating some money for CvS Mature? No need to reach an amount or anything, just want to see the level of interest and stuff, because there is  (a spriter) interest, interest on a volunteer basis.

I'm game.
#69  November 14, 2013, 08:33:57 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/

mature has sprites, janis luciani does not. let's get this ball rolling
#70  November 14, 2013, 08:38:06 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Sorry Jmorphman, MelvanaInChains has me sold on the concept of me throwing money at a character I've never heard of from a game I never played.
#71  November 15, 2013, 12:45:16 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
hey if he gets to say 'donate for this character' so can i. quit bein a party pooper
#72  November 15, 2013, 12:52:33 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
That was like the most brutally passive aggressive post I've seen in awhile haha
#73  November 15, 2013, 12:57:03 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
that's owen wilson for you

i guess starring in the wedding crashers will make you pretty bitter

SNT

#74  November 15, 2013, 12:57:47 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
CVS Mature
She needs what, four more sprites to make a complete character?  I'd understand someone paying to spritepack a whole new character, but unless I'm mistaken Mature only needs that one spin move, everything else has already been done for like ages.  This doesn't need money as much as it just needs one spriter with one spare afternoon to pull their finger out.
Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:15:40 am by SNT
#75  November 15, 2013, 01:05:16 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Mature is lame, but if a close friend really wanted her to be sprited I'd be willing to part with the money.
#76  November 15, 2013, 02:15:56 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
I would rather put my money towards spriting original characters or comic/cartoon/movie characters that were never ported to sprite form and would be interesting to play with.

agreed 200%

IMO, problem with choices like Mature or other previously released characters (whatever the spriting style) is it won't satisfy most people's wishes, versus an original sprited character
great idea nonetheless, i'd be in
#77  November 15, 2013, 02:44:59 am
IMO, problem with choices like Mature or other previously released characters (whatever the spriting style) is it won't satisfy most people's wishes, versus an original sprited character
nothing will satisfy everybody's wishes, be it mature, bryan or original the hedgehog, that's why funding these things is optional and there could easily be more than one crowdfunding thing going on at the same time
#78  November 15, 2013, 02:57:15 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
keyword was "most" people's...
and you honestly think Mature would have an equal amount of funding than a completely original sprited non-previously released character ?
#79  November 15, 2013, 03:03:21 am
Do you honestly think that more people would rather fund an artist's unheard of original character instead of a well known established character with an actual fan-base (take Juri for example)?
#80  November 15, 2013, 03:14:32 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
i would take original sprited work like say Borghi's (edit: or Sean's) over a Mature for example, considering there have been several versions Mature released on mugen... i would assume good original work would override any known content after 10+ years of mugen releases, yes