YesNoOk

Arrange BGM for Stages. (Read 1647 times)

Started by Cornholio, October 26, 2007, 07:00:55 pm
Share this topic:
Arrange BGM for Stages.
#1  October 26, 2007, 07:00:55 pm
Do you guys like to go with orginal BGM's for stages or do you mix it up and add your kind of music to your liking? I like to keep my bgms'd in folders and arrange them to the original stages but its very hard considering I don't own all  fighting games. What I usaully do when I don't own certain games is search for video clips on youtube to find out. Is there a easier way to do this?... say a database of some sort? Recently I'm trying to match some guilty gear stages with their respective bgms but it's so hard because I only own Accent Core for the ps2.
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
Re: Arrange BGM for Stages.
#2  October 26, 2007, 07:13:49 pm
  • I CAN FOR I AM!!!!!
I prefer a mix of both actually. It's fun to me to update my bgms so the music is current. I'll choose something off the radio or one of my beats or whatnot since I am a music producer. Some of the original bgms are pretty good tho. My intro/ charselect screen is custom too (currently Outkast for both). 

DAMMIT I KNEW I COULD DO IT!!!!
#3  October 26, 2007, 07:15:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i do not evne put music. if i would it would be arranged, though.
#4  October 26, 2007, 07:17:48 pm
  • I CAN FOR I AM!!!!!
Do you guys like to go with orginal BGM's for stages or do you mix it up and add your kind of music to your liking? I like to keep my bgms'd in folders and arrange them to the original stages but its very hard considering I don't own all  fighting games. What I usaully do when I don't own certain games is search for video clips on youtube to find out. Is there a easier way to do this?... say a database of some sort? Recently I'm trying to match some guilty gear stages with their respective bgms but it's so hard because I only own Accent Core for the ps2.

There are plenty of websites that have tons of bgms. Although I'm really not sure if I can list them. I think they would be considered warehouzed? If thats not the case somebody lemme kno. There are TONS out there. XD

#5  October 26, 2007, 07:22:34 pm
i have no trouble finding bgms.. so don't even start... it's not considered warehousing. it's considered illegal because all of them are copy written. I'm having trouble arranging the tracks to the stages you have misinterperate me.
#6  October 26, 2007, 07:42:50 pm
  • I CAN FOR I AM!!!!!
Sorry, jus a lil misunderstanding there quickdraw.  :) (lighten up!) I didn't mean anything by it. I meant if u needed bgms they were readily available. I wasn't sure how to get them to you though. Lol As far as managing the files is concerned, do u receive the music and stage seperately? Like at different times? I normally get them together so I see your prob..... That would be hard to determine without having played the game before... Again u could check out those sites I was mentioning, look for your stage(s) and see what music they have? Depending on how many stages u need to arrange that could be a hell of a task....sorry

#7  October 26, 2007, 07:45:52 pm
yeah it takes a long time to get all the tracks in the correct order... i would appreciate it though if the author mentions the name if the tracks even though they don't include bgms with them.
#8  October 26, 2007, 07:49:23 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I have 5 stages out of about 70 that uses their original music.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#9  October 26, 2007, 08:32:38 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
It's a pretty tiring process for me. Worth it, though.

[size=5pt](Disclaimer: NONE OF THESE ARE EVEN FUCKING MADE YET, LEECHERS. SO NO CORMANO, NO DESERT.)[/size]

Say we download.... I dunno, Cormano from Sunset Riders. I will need to already have knowledge of where a stage from Sunset Riders is located. If there isn't any I'll use the most related to Sunset Riders, but assume we have the stage. I will set up Cormano for that stage. Uh-oh, we need music! Don't worry, I'll go to FFShrine and find the OST of the game! Find up the music that plays in that stage from the original game, set it up to the stage, and done. Pretty Rewarding.

Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 08:56:51 pm by R[E]ika
#10  October 26, 2007, 09:04:20 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Actually, thinking about it, I think I have about 10 stages that uses actual music. In any case, while I do have a number of original stages, I just put in what music I think fits.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#11  October 27, 2007, 04:11:21 am
  • Never will be a Banana Chap
    • kmmousemugen.bravehost.com
Hey, BF, if you need a hand knowing what music goes with which stage on Guilty Gear, hit me up, I got that all sorted out on mine.  :sugoi: Took a lot of work.

Myself, I tend to go 50/50.

I sound like such a leecher, but I have like, 1000 stages, a lot of them pretty old, but I also have a lot of characters so I just decided to hit for a high even number and ended with that many.lol I have one silent stage, but that's for Duck Hunt. The rest, I used like, 545 oggs and 455 Midi's.lol And, like I said, I try to hit as many actual themes as I could, and as such I basically got all of the Guilty Gear and SF3 themes in their rightful places (Among others.).

'I have defied Gods and Demons... I know you, your past, your future. Your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is how the world ends.'

KM's MUGEN Site. Like life, a work in progress.