YesNoOk

Internet Explorer is DEAD (Read 4213 times)

Started by Magma MK-II, March 18, 2015, 02:56:13 pm
Share this topic:
Internet Explorer is DEAD
#1  March 18, 2015, 02:56:13 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Re: Internet Explorer is DEAD
#2  March 18, 2015, 04:21:26 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Thank fucking god for that shit. Now how to convince clients that they've been wrong this entire time...

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#3  March 18, 2015, 04:29:18 pm
Now how to convince clients that they've been wrong this entire time...
They don't have to ? It's a new product, it'll be no different from convincing people to buy Windows 10 to replace XP, 7 or 8, or upgrade their IE8 to IE11 or whatever. Plus this new one will be the default for Win10, much like IE was before.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  March 18, 2015, 04:36:40 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
They don't have to ? It's a new product, it'll be no different from convincing people to buy Windows 10 to replace XP, 7 or 8, or upgrade their IE8 to IE11 or whatever. Plus this new one will be the default for Win10, much like IE was before.
Very true, but often I deal with clients who are rather technologically stubborn. The ones who are using Win XP or even Win 7 and still refuse to use a different browser.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#5  March 18, 2015, 04:50:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Now how to convince clients that they've been wrong this entire time...

common problem in portal development, the users refuse to use any other type of browser or even update their old ones, because of the insistance of using "approved" browsers.

One of Microsoft biggest problems has been in trying to get people to stop using Explorer 6, they have been pushing the idea that people should stop for almost ten years but its still the one that most companies use as default.

Bea

#6  March 18, 2015, 05:14:48 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
And some versions of Win 10 will ship with Internet Explorer because of corporate legacy systems.
But much akin to Windows 10, I am looking forward to this browser. I need a good browser to replace Opera.
I couldn't find one since Opera died.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#7  March 18, 2015, 05:25:52 pm
And some versions of Win 10 will ship with Internet Explorer because of corporate legacy systems.
But it won't be IE6. If you are upgrading to Windows 10, I hope you can no longer use IE6 itself, but the last version.
Sure, there will always be those who won't even upgrade to Win10, and those who will try to uninstall the last version of IE to replace it with IE6, but hey, at some point, it's their fault, much like it is for sticking with Windows 98. If Microsoft really wanted to, they could probably pull something that bricks IE6 on Win10, like the lack of compatibility of some old componant, since Win10 is going to be so new and different.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Bea

#8  March 18, 2015, 05:30:29 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
No, it won't be IE 6, 7, 8 nor 9. I doubt it will be 10 either.
I am pretty sure that they will ship IE 11 in this case.

IE6 needs to be buried and completely forgotten.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#9  March 18, 2015, 05:37:50 pm
Oh, since Microsoft gave humor a try in their last campaign ("the browser you love to hate" and other stuff aknowledging that it was bad), they could go further and actually denounce it as unsafe. Like, if you try to install it on Win10, Windows should recognize it and pop up a warning that it's unsafe, and redirect you to the last version - or Spartan. There's no reason this can't be done in Windows itself, and nobody would object since it's their own product.
Alternatively, I wish the antivirus softwares would just add it to their blacklist :P After all, it should be considered the same as any other program you download and try to install, just list that one as noxious for your system.

If they really, really wanted to get rid of it, there would be tons of ways to go about it. But either way, it only harms the user, it doesn't do anything to what's on the web, so if a user really wants to sit in a pile of dung, more power to them. MS probably considers that they're responsible for what they install (willingly and knowingly) as long as it harms only them.
Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:41:00 pm by DKDC
#10  March 18, 2015, 06:12:51 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
What about Inori Aizawa?? What's gonna happen to mah bitch!? D:
#11  March 18, 2015, 06:45:48 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/17/8230631/microsoft-is-killing-off-the-internet-explorer-brand

Oh, thanks God!
Really, IE being a shit in the last years, mainly the last version, that crashes EVERY FUCKING TIME!

I need a good browser to replace Opera.
I couldn't find one since Opera died.

Actually, i still using Firefox or Chrome with no problem. :XD:

What about Inori Aizawa?? What's gonna happen to mah bitch!? D:

It's the only thing that i'll miss.
Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:54:01 pm by 【MFG】gui0007
#12  March 18, 2015, 11:20:31 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
she will be promoted to Japanese Cortana!
#13  March 19, 2015, 04:39:59 pm
#14  March 19, 2015, 04:43:14 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#15  March 19, 2015, 04:46:35 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org