YesNoOk

FeLo & Co (Read 588749 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 04, 2010, 03:30:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: FeLo & Co
#341  January 05, 2016, 11:22:05 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Even if he's meant to be "big and buffed", his horizontal ratio is still too wide for the CvS sprite style. Someone buff like that wouldn't be so wide in the CvS games, given that is something you'd see more in CPS2 games like Street Fighter Alpha and Marvel vs Capcom.

Shit

lui

#342  January 06, 2016, 12:22:55 am
    • USA
oh my lord this is exciting! even though i hate abel (as a character, his gameplay priorities are awesome)

i won't call this CvS nor will I call this CPS2 style, I guess I'll just call this "Felo Style" :)
#343  January 06, 2016, 01:24:21 pm
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
    • UK
To be honest, I'm a little dissapointed you stopped working on Ash for this. I know it's a paid commision, and I am just as glad as any to see someone spriting Abel in CvS style, but is there no way you could juggle them? Yes, you're being paid to do Abel, but that doesn't mean you have to put everything else on the backburner. And I was hoping for some decent CvS-style Ash sprites in the near future, so having to wait longer because of this is kind of a blow. :(

Also, I don't like Abel.

Sorry to whine like this, but after waiting for so long, I'm a little crushed. Good luck with the commission, anyway. Hope you get it done in good time, and remember to take the feedback the others have posted.

SNT

#344  January 06, 2016, 01:36:40 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Dude, weak.
#345  January 06, 2016, 01:44:32 pm
    • UK
Dude, weak.

Yeah, I know, I'm entitled. And besides, FeLo doesn't have to listen to me, anyway, so I suppose posting that was kinda pointless.

Still, I am interested to see how this turns out, at least. Should be interesting to see who ends up coding Abel, once this is done. He did mention it was for the MFG Presents Street Fighter project, so maybe Balthazar or JNP would give it a go...?

lui

#346  January 06, 2016, 04:04:04 pm
    • USA
Balthazar isnt a coder
#347  January 06, 2016, 04:58:38 pm
    • UK
#348  January 06, 2016, 06:07:46 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Ook, I'll try fixing the FOOT issue D:. I'm not going to stretch him even a little because that would mean fixing every sprite and time is something I don't have a lot :/. Zangief it's pretty buffed in CvS compared to his original appearance in SF2. (ok, ok, different times, sprites etc), so that's the main reason I won't change his width.

To be honest, I'm a little dissapointed you stopped working on Ash for this. I know it's a paid commision, and I am just as glad as any to see someone spriting Abel in CvS style, but is there no way you could juggle them? Yes, you're being paid to do Abel, but that doesn't mean you have to put everything else on the backburner. And I was hoping for some decent CvS-style Ash sprites in the near future, so having to wait longer because of this is kind of a blow. :(

Also, I don't like Abel.

Sorry to whine like this, but after waiting for so long, I'm a little crushed. Good luck with the commission, anyway. Hope you get it done in good time, and remember to take the feedback the others have posted.

- @Steel Komodo:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Wrote this in spoiler because it's for him and I don't want this to start a flamewar.
I swear there was something cool here!!
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 06:11:13 pm by FeLo_Llop
#349  January 06, 2016, 06:15:44 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Don't let it get to you Felo. Just keep having fun, and do what you actually want to do.

I agree, if anyone wants something done, and are impatient, then learn how to sprite themselves and stop whining.

Abel looks awesome! Even though the size makes me think of SF3 for some reason.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#350  January 06, 2016, 06:33:44 pm
just be patient i mean
the proof of him finishing characters, i waited for a while for him to Sprite C.Viper
he did and i made her in Pots/Divinewolf style
he also did a cvs Rose and that looks amazing

if you don't have patience then learn to sprite your self like Felo_Llop said
i Learned and it's worth learning and the result is great!

@Felo_Llop
don't worry about people keep going
your stuff has a lot of quality and worth the wait until you finish something!
#351  January 06, 2016, 07:21:04 pm
    • https://sites.google.com/site/mgmurrow/
- @Steel Komodo

you could also commission FeLo on Ash, THEN maybe he would be willing to work on them together.

FELO brother, I love your work. keep doing what you do

P.S. FeLo we need to work on another project again soon and thanks for all you have done for me and the community

talk to you soon

MGMURROW
#352  January 06, 2016, 07:24:40 pm
    • UK
*snip*

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#353  January 06, 2016, 11:56:20 pm
Ok, people, thanks for your support, but please, don't convert this into a small flamewar. You all know how hotblooded are we, Mediterraneans D:!!
MGMURROW, write me a line once you can about that. I can tell you another interesting thing in exchange ;).
Steel Komodo, no hard feelings. Let's forget it. If you need an advice/suggestion/etc about spriting, don't doubt in writting me.

#354  January 07, 2016, 01:39:07 am
    • USA
So is this going include stuff from SFXT as well or only SF4?
#355  January 07, 2016, 01:31:34 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Every time I see your sprites Felo, they become more and more impressive. I almost wish I could fast forward some years and see the finished project already, these look incredible. Good luck!

Also as far as his buffness, I personally think it looks fine. It's a little big for CvS, but I would wager the best way to approach it is by spriting it in the way that's most natural. You (or someone else) can always make edits later, after the groundwork is done.
Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 01:35:12 pm by Gritsmaster
#356  June 05, 2016, 01:36:23 pm

[ GILL ]: RESURRECTION!!!

Well, here are some bad & good news:

- Good news: Moved from the town to the city, but don't have so much time for spriting since now I have a good work. Also, preparing two competitive exams (first comes 3rd July and 2nd in the last week of September).
- Bad News: My HD crashed like 2 months ago. Lost nearly everything. This includes Abel, Cammy, C.Viper(2), V. Joe, Ash and Maxima, who were my main wips. Just saved few sprites of them, but I only can sprite in the weekends, but I'm taking care of my grandmother who's pretty ill. So, yes. Both my comissioners were informed of the hd crash since minute 1, they were paying for a job(I sent sprites, they sent money. I didn't make them to pay for a work to be done. Let's be fair).

What's the future of this?
- Ash & Maxima: Since they were a 50% size of their XIII counter parts, they will be "easy" to take back. I just have to DL the characters and apply a palete(I have to redo it again. SHIIIIIIIIT!! I hated thaaaaat!). Also thought in adding flameless Iori and/or Elizabeth to the bunch but they were planned for a future.

- Abel, Viewtiful joe, C.Viper(2) & Cammy: This is the HARD WORK bunch. Abel and Cammy were like a double size, then shrink to a common  for save time and basic shading. Joe and Viper were a "drawing above" MvC3 instead. As Abel was a commision and I can not take it (for now), in case I keep working on him, it will be a free one, like Rose and Viper were.

So...don't expect advances of me in a time. Also lost some of my friends(rip) photos in that crash and most of the files were corrupt as hell. Can't say I was in the best of the moods.

So, well. Have a nice day and all. I'm sorry to give these bad news to everyone :/.
#357  June 05, 2016, 05:08:34 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Did you try to take your hard disk out of your computer and connect it to another computer instead? I did that a couple of times, whenever I had problems on my computer and hoped to not lose my files.

Alternatively, you can take your hard disk to a store that works with computers and see if they can back up your files from the hard disk.

Shit
#358  June 05, 2016, 05:12:04 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
There are also cheap software you can use that can sometimes recover it. I've done that.

This sucks but in the future on big projects you should do one of 2 things. Create a clone folder. Where every night at a certain time your PC will duplicate and update the files and folders to another HD.

Set you up a dropbox account. And use it as a back up point. This is my favorite since it allows you to restore older versions of files too.
#359  June 05, 2016, 05:28:19 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Really sorry that had to happen to you, mate.

I think JNP's advice would be something worth following in the future (heck, I'm gonna go make a Dropbox right now). If you ever need anything for Viewtiful Joe (e.g. screen caps and such), let me know.
This is a generic forum signature.
#360  June 05, 2016, 10:06:19 pm
Writting from the cellphone. I hate these small letters D:.

Well, I sprite in an OLD pc that as it still works(and pretty well, gotta add). It was the first PC I had, and before throeing it, I left it for myself(spriting, writting my book, etc). It's a PREHISTORIC artifact that still uses W98.
Once it crashed, I linked it to the newest PC in home, but unfortunately, the files were corrupted. There's still things that I have not even mentioned to anyone else(let's say that an experiment I was working on, went pretty well. And advanced) and its folder is totally unreadable.

Now, recovered what I could. Ash has nearly everything back, but as the XIII character was in the main page,alongside the palete and etc, I'll DL it again and repeat process. Same with Maxima. As I was sending the stuff to the comissioners, I can have back Abel's stuff. Lost tje basics(walk, jump and etc), which is, alongside gethits, the most tedious part.

Thought in the dropbox thing, but a friend of me had a not so nice surprise and I can't trust that system. Maybe saving stuff in an USB.

About V.Joe, I was using Beximus' MvC screenshots. I've gotta check if they're still online and if not, I'll request tjem to him.

Thanks for your support, guys!