YesNoOk

EB Goku (SvK inspired) - updated (Read 37572 times)

Started by Boryema, March 06, 2017, 05:36:02 am
Share this topic:
EB Goku (SvK inspired) - updated
#1  March 06, 2017, 05:36:02 am
  • That sarcastic dude who makes stuff to the sake of
    • Canada

link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxCfjlAMhkjhZUptMFdSMTY5MFk/view?usp=sharing

I know what you're all thinking
"dude I thought you rage quit?"
"you're alive??"
"oh snap it's the canadian borewood" <--no clue what a borewood is
also special shoutout to my lil'bro for holding down the youtube channel while i was gone (sadly didn't help the rep much lol)

truth is I was tinkering with the characters and making adjustments so enjoy and throw feedback, any Q's throw me a PM

PS - included an EASYMODE AI in there "gameplay above isn't showing it though"
PSSS - never left MFG, was working on a project with the EXPA team that makes the DBZ retro games
Re: EB Goku (SvK inspired) - updated
#2  March 06, 2017, 12:34:45 pm
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
Glad to see you back, bro.
#3  March 06, 2017, 01:19:49 pm
    • Canada
#4  March 06, 2017, 01:57:09 pm
  • Making stuff is hard
Thanks for this release!  Any chance for more SNK-style Dragon Ball characters?
#5  March 06, 2017, 03:53:59 pm
    • Canada
Thanks for this release!  Any chance for more SNK-style Dragon Ball characters?

not too familiar with coding in that play style, plus I'm pretty sure someone else is already working on it
though I have been thinking about MvC2 playstyle just because it'd be an easier transition
#6  March 06, 2017, 04:06:13 pm
    • USA
i think he meant svk style. But Glad to see your back .....from the shadows lol
#7  March 06, 2017, 06:43:10 pm
    • Canada
i think he meant svk style. But Glad to see your back .....from the shadows lol

ah okay lol, totally misread that then
there's plenty more SvK characters and edits coming been updating a lot from the batcave
#8  March 06, 2017, 07:00:57 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Are you going to update your guilty gear characters as well?
#9  March 06, 2017, 07:12:32 pm
    • Canada
Are you going to update your guilty gear characters as well?

those are being completely redone and bumped up to SvK current status, that  muteki coding is heavy though, change one thing too much and the character goes to crap lol. so I'm gonna be re-working them
#10  March 06, 2017, 07:18:32 pm
is you that borewood make sf4 juri han, omni? btw thanks making 3DS new dbz chars. loving them.
#11  March 06, 2017, 08:57:22 pm
    • Canada
is you that borewood make sf4 juri han, omni? btw thanks making 3DS new dbz chars. loving them.

Lol no, this is boryema the guy that makes the MvC and SvK edits/characters after R@CE45 and Infinite
The borewood name comes from comments made about me in discord chat, I guess people forgot that I was in there and not paying attention and not knowing that I can see I was being "made fun of" but I thought it funny and adopted the name.
Thanks for the love man, more to come
#12  March 06, 2017, 09:20:22 pm
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Things I found with your goku

• Why does the regular grab do no damage (you can't follow it up with much other than his Kamehameha but even then the window is pretty slim to do so)
  • Both his standing/crouch light punch and standing light kick are infinites if the opponent is in air
  • Speaking about his standing and crouching normals, why aren't they blockable in air which makes the previous infinites I told you about even more effective. I remember don drago bringing up these same issues with infinite's SvK series of characters in one of his videos that he did for mugen most wanted (in the description). Since you use the same template I guarantee your characters fall under the same problems as what he described
  • Ki Push is an infinite anywhere on the screen (since you made it wire anywhere)
  • I haven't seen the source game that the sprites come from but I highly doubt the walking animation looked that bad
  • Kaioken Kamehameha and Cho Kamehameha gain back power (supers aren't supposed to gain back power)
  • Why does Cho Kamehameha have a hitspark when blocked
  • When the Genkidama super is blocked, goku doesn't change back to the standing state producing this
  • I've seen worse example for CLSNs but these are rough as hell (needs more consistency an example would be the standing blue CLSN to the walking CLSN
  • Why is the roll only go forward (I remember these SvK characters not being restricted to just rolling forward)
  • Why does goku's voice play when the fireball is blocked
#13  March 06, 2017, 10:13:43 pm
    • Canada
Things I found with your goku

• Why does the regular grab do no damage (you can't follow it up with much other than his Kamehameha but even then the window is pretty slim to do so)
  • Both his standing/crouch light punch and standing light kick are infinites if the opponent is in air
  • Speaking about his standing and crouching normals, why aren't they blockable in air which makes the previous infinites I told you about even more effective. I remember don drago bringing up these same issues with infinite's SvK series of characters in one of his videos that he did for mugen most wanted (in the description). Since you use the same template I guarantee your characters fall under the same problems as what he described
  • Ki Push is an infinite anywhere on the screen (since you made it wire anywhere)
  • I haven't seen the source game that the sprites come from but I highly doubt the walking animation looked that bad
  • Kaioken Kamehameha and Cho Kamehameha gain back power (supers aren't supposed to gain back power)
  • Why does Cho Kamehameha have a hitspark when blocked
  • When the Genkidama super is blocked, goku doesn't change back to the standing state producing this
  • I've seen worse example for CLSNs but these are rough as hell (needs more consistency an example would be the standing blue CLSN to the walking CLSN
  • Why is the roll only go forward (I remember these SvK characters not being restricted to just rolling forward)
  • Why does goku's voice play when the fireball is blocked
Thanks for the detailed feedback, love it
Will go through and fix listed bugs
#14  March 09, 2017, 10:42:35 pm
    • Canada
- fixed grab damage
- ki-push for now made a little harder to spam against AI combatants
- changed hitsparks from kiao/Cho-Kamehameha (it should correctly display proper hitsparks
- fixed genki-dama super
- fixed sound for fireball
*fwd roll is based off the EB game (also I don't remember SvK characters being able to roll at all, simply dodge)
*more fixes coming
again thanks for the awesome feedback

see first post for update
#15  March 21, 2017, 06:24:58 am
    • Honduras
Am I the only one getting green dots in animations?
Jesus loves you
#16  March 27, 2017, 03:07:05 pm
    • Canada