YesNoOk

MUGEN BASED COMPETITION SHOW (UPDATED) (Read 9852 times)

Started by TrueGemini, May 21, 2019, 04:42:53 am
MUGEN BASED COMPETITION SHOW (UPDATED)
#1  May 21, 2019, 04:42:53 am
    • USA
Hey guys  :), I have a great idea for a Mugen based competition show! I would do this myself but i'm too lazy to record, edit, and post it. So i'm going to share the idea with you guys! (hopefully somebody with great video editing skills could make a series out of it)

PLOT: 10 to 15 Mugen characters battle it out to see who's the best fighter! Every episode/week the contestants battle against a Boss Character, Bonus Stage, Mini-Game, etc. and the 2 fighters with the least score, points, or time, etc. would fight against each other to see who could stay for another week. This process would go on until there's only 2 Fighters left in the competition (The Finale), and then they would compete in a "Mirror Match" (which is a character fighting itself) but if they both lose, they would then fight against each other to see who would win the grand title of the "Best Mugen Character." (or whatever you wanna call it)

ALSO:
- Characters that are overpowered, null, and/or cheap should not be allowed to compete! (would be great as a challenge though!)

- The contestants would be AI based, so i'd recommend having some balanced characters for the cast. If a character has a terrible AI, I would change it before the competition begins (changing it throughout the game would be like cheating)

- Team based challenges are always fun to watch!

- You would definitely have to keep an eye on time, score, and points if you want and accurate and fair winner!!! (nobody likes a cheater)

- And you don't have to record or publish it! it's literally just a fun idea that you can make both publicly and/or privately!

- Honestly, the final challenge could be whatever you make it! I choose to do the "Mirror Match" because I like the saying/quote "your biggest competition is yourself." and if they both lose/win their "Mirror Match", the tiebreaker would be fighting each other.

- A series like this could really bring the Mugen community together even more!

ALSO ALSO:
- I would relate this plot more to like a reality tv show competition like "MTV's The Challenge" or "Survivor" and/or "Big Brother" because each episode/week the contestants would compete against a Boss Character, Bonus Stage, or Mini-Game. The character with the highest score/point/time (whichever grading system you feel fits best) would win immunity for that week! While the 2 contestants with the lowest scores/points/times would battle against each other to see who could stay another week/episode. The person who loses that battle would be eliminated from the competition, the process would continue until there's only 2 contestants left!

- My personal private series is called "The Next Battle" (I'm on like season 12 right now)

- Feel free to use the title! It kinda belongs to Tekken anyways

- If you have any questions on how I set mines up, just ask!

- If you make a season and wanna participate and play as a character, feel free to do so! I would play as 1 character throughout the competition though, just to be fair! (I haven't tried this btw, so i don't know how it would turn out)

- Make sure you always have some tiebreakers in your back pocket! you'd be surprised as to how much these Mugen characters tie up!

~TrueGemini~
~TRUEGEMINI~
Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 06:02:14 am by TrueGemini
Re: MUGEN BASED COMPETITION SHOW
#2  May 21, 2019, 07:10:40 am
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
I'll see what I can do. I'll get back to you soon once i've got everything ready.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#3  May 21, 2019, 03:31:03 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
I would do this myself but i'm too lazy

Yikes. This is not how you pitch an idea.

Unfortunately, it's not a very smart idea for a person to talk about something they WANT and say "I'm just too lazy to do it so I'll have someone else do it for me". Unless the person that's working for you gets SOMETHING out of it (not just "credit" or "recognition"), then one will be branded as a "choosing beggar".

PLEASE think of the risks of posting ideas like this. Almost no-one on this site likes people begging to have things done for them. Period.

(And by the way, this thing you're explaining already exists. It's called SaltyBet.)
#4  May 21, 2019, 09:25:10 pm
    • USA
I'll see what I can do. I'll get back to you soon once i've got everything ready.

WHATTT, I'm shocked anybody even responded! I can't wait to see what you do! :D

I would do this myself but i'm too lazy

Yikes. This is not how you pitch an idea.

Unfortunately, it's not a very smart idea for a person to talk about something they WANT and say "I'm just too lazy to do it so I'll have someone else do it for me". Unless the person that's working for you gets SOMETHING out of it (not just "credit" or "recognition"), then one will be branded as a "choosing beggar".

PLEASE think of the risks of posting ideas like this. Almost no-one on this site likes people begging to have things done for them. Period.

(And by the way, this thing you're explaining already exists. It's called SaltyBet.)

1.) Relax, you seem to be upset.
2.) It's really not that big of a deal, I'm just sharing a cool idea that anyone can do publicly and/or privately!
3.) I don't see anywhere in my post where i was asking for anything, but it seems to me that YOU'RE asking for attention.
4.) PLEASE think of the risks before trying to argue with somebody online, because you can come across as a pathetic hater with nothing else better to do besides being a stick in the mud ;)
5.) I just looked at SaltyBet, and shoutout to that! Even though it's completely different from what I was talking about, but you're not gonna acknowledge that because you're what? MAD!

(And by the way, I found a perfect website for you! It's called www.getalife.com)

P.S.- "pEriOd."

Hey guys! Ya'll can refer to my other post on the Mugen Archive for semi-additional information on how to make these!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :D
~TRUEGEMINI~
Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:28:17 am by Jmorphman
#5  May 21, 2019, 10:13:33 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn
#6  May 21, 2019, 10:27:11 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
2.) It's really not that big of a deal, I'm just sharing a cool idea that anyone can do publicly and/or privately!
3.) I don't see anywhere in my post where i was asking for anything, but it seems to me that YOU'RE asking for attention.
4.) PLEASE think of the risks before trying to argue with somebody online, because you can come across as a pathetic hater with nothing else better to do besides being a stick in the mud ;)
5.) I just looked at SaltyBet, and shoutout to that! Even though it's completely different from what I was talking about, but you're not gonna acknowledge that because you're what? MAD!

(And by the way, I found a perfect website for you! It's called www.getalife.com)

P.S.- "pEriOd."

For God's sake, man.

All I was trying to say was that you sounded like you wanted to get people to do shit for you. Now you're just straight-up coming off as rude yourself by posting this.

Ya'll can refer to my other post on the Mugen Archive

So THAT'S where the unnecessarily rude and toxic comments came from...
#7  May 21, 2019, 10:40:32 pm
    • USA

P.S.- "pEriOd."

For God's sake, man.

All I was trying to say was that you sounded like you wanted to get people to do shit for you. Now you're just straight-up coming off as rude yourself by posting this.

Ya'll can refer to my other post on the Mugen Archive

So THAT'S where the unnecessarily rude and toxic comments came from...

Your initial post was out of pocket and rude itself. I was sharing a fun idea that I like to do in my free time, not "pitching" like this is Shark Tank. I matched the energy that was given to me.

And I have no clue what you're talking about w/ "unnecessarily rude and toxic comments" on the Mugen Archive?
~TRUEGEMINI~
#8  May 21, 2019, 11:54:24 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I think your idea has potential, but i'm too lazy to record, edit, and post it. good luck ;)

And I have no clue what you're talking about w/ "unnecessarily rude and toxic comments" on the Mugen Archive?
You mean that site that was banned from various forums (including this one) because of the behavior of their admins and users?? Oh, I have no clue of that

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#9  May 22, 2019, 12:18:33 am
    • USA
I think your idea has potential

Thanks! I love it when people can take an idea and thrive creatively from it! Considering that's what a major part of Mugen is all about.  :mlol:

-Thanks for your feedback! ;D

I think your idea has potential

You mean that site that was banned from various forums (including this one) because of the behavior of their admins and users?? Oh, I have no clue of that

Truth be told, I had no clue about any of that! :shocked3: So thanks for informing me on that sad, yet interesting topic.
~TRUEGEMINI~
Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 12:28:58 am by Jmorphman
#10  May 22, 2019, 12:27:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Please do not double post; if you want to add more, or if you see another post you want to reply to that you didn't address in your previous post, simply use the edit function to edit that into your previous post.

I will go ahead do that for all your double posts in this thread, but please avoid double posting in the future.
#11  May 22, 2019, 12:33:16 am
    • USA
Please do not double post; if you want to add more, or if you see another post you want to reply to that you didn't address in your previous post, simply use the edit function to edit that into your previous post.

I will go ahead do that for all your double posts in this thread, but please avoid double posting in the future.

Thank you! :)
~TRUEGEMINI~
#12  May 26, 2019, 12:24:00 am
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
#13  May 26, 2019, 09:13:42 pm
    • USA
~TRUEGEMINI~
Re: MUGEN BASED COMPETITION SHOW (UPDATED)
#14  May 27, 2019, 06:08:48 am
    • USA
Hey everybody! I've updated and extended the setup/plot to help everyone get a better understanding of the idea! :)
~TRUEGEMINI~