YesNoOk

Pupa by Jango Released! (Read 88277 times)

Started by Jango, February 15, 2015, 09:23:27 am
Share this topic:
Pupa by Jango Released!
#1  February 15, 2015, 09:23:27 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA

For those of you who were single this year, now you can take a cute Brazillian girl home with you tonight. Hey, I still have 1 1/2 hours left before Valentine's Day is over here. That counts for something, right? RIGHT??? Alright, enough jokes, here's what you came for.

Pupa is finally done. Well, actually she was pretty much done for a long time now, but I just kept putting off uploading it. UNTIL TODAY. She pretty much has everything that was in ROTD with some balance tweaks (why should a move that denies you of your heavy kick for 30 seconds cost two stocks to use?!), some optional custom damage scaling options, and at least one easter egg! Hooray!

As a sidenote, this character has Messatsu's Character Trait Identifiers, and I did as many of them as I could. Additionally, some of Pupa's winquotes will trigger based on these traits, so if, say, your character is a cute/sexy male and has those traits plugged in, she'll do her infamous "Ups!" winquote. Anyway, nothing huge, just hoping to revive more interest in an optional standard that is really fucking easy to code.

DOWNLOAD
Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:45:01 am by Hoshi
Re: Pupa by Jango Released!
#2  February 15, 2015, 09:30:41 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Link is 404 Not Found
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3  February 15, 2015, 09:32:50 am
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
April Fool's isn't until at least 2 months.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#4  February 15, 2015, 09:36:33 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Loving the banner because I love that artist.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#5  February 15, 2015, 09:41:42 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
404. Link ded. Fix
#6  February 15, 2015, 09:44:07 am
#7  February 15, 2015, 10:09:15 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Hah, whoops, sorry about that.
#8  February 15, 2015, 10:16:12 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Already fixed it for you.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#9  February 15, 2015, 04:07:16 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
awesome was actually checking your wip thread yesterday really liked the beta so im definitly going to check this
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#10  February 15, 2015, 04:10:26 pm
    • UK
    • alxp@blueyonder.co.uk
Awesome, very excited to try this out~
#11  February 15, 2015, 04:18:23 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Congrats on your release!

As a sidenote, this character has Messatsu's Character Trait Identifiers, and I did as many of them as I could. Additionally, some of Pupa's winquotes will trigger based on these traits, so if, say, your character is a cute/sexy male and has those traits plugged in, she'll do her infamous "Ups!" winquote. Anyway, nothing huge, just hoping to revive more interest in an optional standard that is really fucking easy to code.

I just heard of these myself about 2 weeks ago and think it's a great concept more people should be working into their characters.  In my WIP I am now detecting blood color traits, to trigger a different color anim if necessary

#12  February 15, 2015, 07:38:25 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Never Played Rotd before but I think i would probably main her she is really fun to play and she have some pretty cool combo

Also about mario any chance to get a pallete template?
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#13  February 15, 2015, 08:49:40 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Never Played Rotd before but I think i would probably main her she is really fun to play and she have some pretty cool combo
From what I remember, she's one of the best characters in the game that is tournament legal (IIRC Kang and Alice are on the banlist. I forget Kang's reason, but Alice has an infinite), probably because she has so many options.

Also about mario any chance to get a pallete template?
I wanna get more work done on Mario before I post it. Also I want to fix up a few things in the palette regarding color separation (ie: his shoes). But yeah, I'll eventually get one up.
#14  February 16, 2015, 12:41:55 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Very nice. Really enjoy Pupa!  :)

Some suggestions...

- Swift Escape/Back & Forward Roll needs some sound effect & maybe even a voice from Pupa
 - all wrench attacks could benefit from some metall hit sound to give it more impact
#15  February 16, 2015, 12:51:58 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I can't believe I actually recognize where that banner pic is fom.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#16  February 16, 2015, 12:57:45 am
  • Furry Fighting Game Trash
    • Canada
#17  February 16, 2015, 02:01:36 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Very nice. Really enjoy Pupa!  :)

Some suggestions...

- Swift Escape/Back & Forward Roll needs some sound effect & maybe even a voice from Pupa
 - all wrench attacks could benefit from some metall hit sound to give it more impact
- Rolls are totally silent in ROTD, but I guess I could put something in there (like maybe the "HUH" sound she makes in the crouching forward light-kick move), since I've been super inaccurate with SFX so far.
- The only thing I think might be problematic with that is that the average character she fights against will be human, and a metal object hitting skin sounds like... well, something hitting skin. Of course I could always add an alt sound that plays if the opponent has identifiers 8055021 (is a robot), 8055025 (is a mech), or 8055041 (body/armor is made of metal). God I hope more people start using these.

#18  February 16, 2015, 02:14:27 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
- Rolls are totally silent in ROTD, but I guess I could put something in there (like maybe the "HUH" sound she makes in the crouching forward light-kick move), since I've been super inaccurate with SFX so far.

Yeah, that would be nice

- The only thing I think might be problematic with that is that the average character she fights against will be human, and a metal object hitting skin sounds like... well, something hitting skin. Of course I could always add an alt sound that plays if the opponent has identifiers 8055021 (is a robot), 8055025 (is a mech), or 8055041 (body/armor is made of metal). God I hope more people start using these.

I was thinking something like p.e. Haggars pipe attack hit sound...

BTW... What happend to Mr. Jones? Will we see a update?
#19  February 16, 2015, 02:23:33 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009

I don't, but now I'm curious.

Anyway, having fun with Pupa for now. Mainly due to the fact that her juggle combo (mainly using her supers as a juggle tool) is pretty cool to do. I'm still finding a way to combo to her multi-kick special (forgot the name).
#20  February 16, 2015, 02:48:58 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)