YesNoOk

[Lifebar Problem] Using Mugen 1.0 RC 6 (Read 29730 times)

Started by usetheforcehan, February 11, 2010, 10:54:41 am
Share this topic:
[Lifebar Problem] Using Mugen 1.0 RC 6
#1  February 11, 2010, 10:54:41 am
  • AWWW YEAAA!!!
    • usetheforcehan.deviantart.com

•Mugen: Mugen 1.0 RC 6
•Screenpack: EVE Battle HD
•Lifebar: Xbox Lifebars
•System: Windows XP SP2

Questions:
1. Why does the Lifebar appear Super-Small?
2. How can i fixed it?
3. How can i make Mugen 1.0 RC 6 showed in a smaller window (800x600 or smaller)?

Please Help...  :'(
Re: [Lifebar Problem] Using Mugen 1.0 RC 6
#2  February 14, 2010, 11:20:30 pm
Well your not the only noe to have this problem now, i was running the MK vs SF 3 Lifebar just find all night last night. But now all of a suddonly its tiny as h**l and just hanging out in the coroner of the screen. I have no f***ing clue what i did that wasy aperantly "scarry". The only thing i really did was put in a couple of stages and a few more characterss.
M.U.G.E.N. 1.0 RC6 issues i\\\\\\\'m waiting for a \\\\\\\"FIX\\\\\\\" too.
---Fully Custom Screenpacks and Lifebars---
#3  February 15, 2010, 07:25:13 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Well your not the only noe to have this problem now, i was running the MK vs SF 3 Lifebar just find all night last night. But now all of a suddonly its tiny as h**l and just hanging out in the coroner of the screen. I have no f***ing clue what i did that wasy aperantly "scarry". The only thing i really did was put in a couple of stages and a few more characterss.
Sorry but alittle too hard to read.

•Mugen: Mugen 1.0 RC 6
•Screenpack: EVE Battle HD
•Lifebar: Xbox Lifebars
•System: Windows XP SP2

Questions:
1. Why does the Lifebar appear Super-Small?
2. How can i fixed it?
3. How can i make Mugen 1.0 RC 6 showed in a smaller window (800x600 or smaller)?

Please Help...  :'(

1. Resolution problem?
#4  February 16, 2010, 08:44:57 am
Well i've tryed changing the resolution settings but, that dosent change anything at all.
M.U.G.E.N. 1.0 RC6 issues i\\\\\\\'m waiting for a \\\\\\\"FIX\\\\\\\" too.
---Fully Custom Screenpacks and Lifebars---
#5  February 17, 2010, 05:33:17 pm
MUGEN 1.0 uses HD lifebar sprites, wheras older MUGEN used much smaller sprites. This problem is caused because MUGEN 1.0 thinks that your lifebars are using HD sprites, when they're actually using much smaller sprites. The end result is that it draws the sprites to be much smaller.

There IS an option in system.def called localcoord, which lets you define what resolution the sprites in your motif are. The problem is that localcoord affects the ENTIRE motif, so in fixing the lifebars, you would break the character select, versus screen, and everything else from EVE Battle HD.

Therefore, you have two solutions:

1. Download an HD lifebar pack, which would be compatible with HD motifs.

2. You can manually scale all the sprites in your lifebar. First, make a backup copy of your fight.def file, because in case you screw up this next part, you'll want a backup. Then, open fight.def (not the copy), and look for EVERY value listed after .pos or .scale. You're going to want to multiply all of these values by some conversion factor. Unfortunately, since I dont know the resolution of your MUGEN setup or of the lifebar pack, you're going to have to figure out what that conversion factor is. This is where the backup comes in: if you guess the wrong factor, delete fight.def, make a copy of your backup, rename that to fight.def, and try again. I'd suggest starting by multiplying all the .pos and .scale by 2 and seeing what effect that has (it might work on the first try), then adjusting it from there.
LOOKIT ME! I'M REQUESTING CHARACTERS! ...is that a shotgun?
#6  March 01, 2010, 11:50:51 pm
  • The world is filled with death.
    • www.cheathappens.com
Yeah Abyss is right the thing about the new mugen is its HD (High Definition) and thus what he have said that it uses the HD Lifebars not the Hires Lifebars.... so just delete your installed lifebars or just delete the entire mugen folder and again get a fresh copy of mugen rc6 there aren't HD Lifebars yet (Uh I'm not sure) but if I were you just use the default HD mugen lifebars.

Judgment has come from the path which spans from hell, It has been decided that you must die.
#7  March 02, 2010, 05:25:15 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Actually there's a HD Hokuto no Ken lifebar set for 1.0.
#8  March 18, 2010, 07:01:57 pm
  • AWWW YEAAA!!!
    • usetheforcehan.deviantart.com
Therefore, you have two solutions:

1. Download an HD lifebar pack, which would be compatible with HD motifs.

Do you know any good HD Lifebar? Nanaya sHiKi said the HD Lifebar is a rare thing in Mugen (heck, maybe nobody is creating it!).

2. You can manually scale all the sprites in your lifebar. First, make a backup copy of your fight.def file, because in case you screw up this next part, you'll want a backup. Then, open fight.def (not the copy), and look for EVERY value listed after .pos or .scale. You're going to want to multiply all of these values by some conversion factor. Unfortunately, since I dont know the resolution of your MUGEN setup or of the lifebar pack, you're going to have to figure out what that conversion factor is. This is where the backup comes in: if you guess the wrong factor, delete fight.def, make a copy of your backup, rename that to fight.def, and try again. I'd suggest starting by multiplying all the .pos and .scale by 2 and seeing what effect that has (it might work on the first try), then adjusting it from there.

WOW. You're a genius!  ;D I will try that method. TY!  :sugoi:
#9  July 27, 2010, 07:07:10 pm
This method of scaling all the values of .pos and .scale worked for me.

The number to scale by is 4 (you can see on the screenshot that it is about a quarter of the page).

Its mathematical multiplication so 0.5 goes to 2, 0 stays 0, negative numbers stay negative etc.