YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17340762 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#601  April 07, 2016, 11:23:08 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#602  April 07, 2016, 11:31:30 pm
    • UK

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Clank can control time fully

Jak can use only one move variation when in light jak mode

Also.... there's groovatron.(aside from clank and ratchet, literally makes everyone stop what they're doing to dance. Bosses and allies included)
Ratchet has instant win, it'll be as one sided as batman vs spiderman
pluuuuuuuuus

I can't remember everything, but the match is so one sided i'd rather them not fight
Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:42:29 pm by Pooh Hardy
#603  April 07, 2016, 11:44:38 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
If Ratchet's little buddy had become a time lord since Deadlocked I'd presume there were no bad guys ever present to worry about in future games.  I'm guessing it's some sort of gun that rewinds damage?  Or likewise only accessible in certain environments like his giant form.

Not an exact comparison but would you expect them to give a lame ending of just messing with time to pull a win for one side that seemed on the verge of defeat?

From a gameplay perspective yeah, you can do one thing at a time with Light Jak, but gameplay limitations and what the actual powers do are two different things.  I'm also presuming the force field is not literally able to stop any and everything, but I'm also expecting he can do that while healing and flying and shooting holy hand grenades nukes.

Looking at the wiki, this Groovatron looks more like a short gimmick than anything useful.  Jak'd grimace at disco music sucking, shoot it and move on.

I dunno, still sounds in Jak's favor, mostly do to Light Jak.  Does Ratchet even do defense?  I know he's not hurt from his own toys, was explained away as weapons scan their owners to know who they can't hurt or something silly like that in the earlier games, but beyond shinier colors of power armor he's pretty open to Jak's arsenal.

Oh, you edited your list.  Eh, that still seems like something you'd just dodge, block or fly around for most of it.  The replenishing ammo seems Ratchet's biggest asset of all of those.
#604  April 08, 2016, 12:20:11 am
    • UK
He gets a Staff that controls time
Gameplay wise:
He can throw out projectiles that open up and make everything in a radius Super slow mo. throwing out a second one will cancel the first one making the second one
He can record himself doing things then go back in time to set it, the recording will basically be him doing said task exactly how he did it. (so he could record himself fighting, say daxter and then go back in time to set the clone recording to fight him, while the original can do something else......most likely sandwhich him or slow down daxter)
And melee attacks

Plot wise:

He's become a mary sue

Again, gameplay wise for jak. he can't use weapons when in either eco form unless from glitch. When he heals time freezes completely and he uses all of the light eco energy he had. it's not something he can multitask with

its never used in plot

Groovatron literally makes you vulnerable if you're not ratchet and clank, Stopping all enemies and allies for a limited time while ratchet shoots/ takes cover. not something jak can power through

Black hole gun is an instant kill to all human sized enemies, he can use it 5 times. Shooting multiple black holes close together makes the black hole bigger. I can't remember what it did when fully leveled up

Jak has some things at his disposal but.... just like bayo vs dante, everything jak has, ratchet has as well/ more of

also zurkon family is indestructable, only way for them to go away is from them running out of ammo (THEM running out of ammo, not you running out. When they go you can just bring them out again. it's mad OP)

All and all, Ratchet gets a new bunch of weapons in each title with very very little being passed on over for upgrades and shit. I don't remember every gun and gimmick power they have along side the fully leveled up version that adds a new power/gimmick entirely but it's more than enough at disposal

Example, Ratchet has gravity boots( a step up from his magnet ones) that can counter the peacemaker's 1st upgrade.

Pluuuuuuuuuuuuus

I'm not ripping on jak and daxter, i've played all of both franchises games aside from secret agent clank
but if we're counting dark daxter, thats all daxter has against clank

i'd much prefer him fight someone like samus or master chief since this is one sided to a whole new level

p.s. Jak isn't invincible anymore in his eco forms(it was removed after jak 2)
#605  April 08, 2016, 12:55:06 am
    • USA
Uh...it's been a while since I've played Jak 3, but I've never glitched it and Light Jak plays just like regular Jak, punches, kicks and his swiss army gun all available.  Unless I've had a defective copy of the game and my whole life has been a lie.  Give or take.  Dark Jak was the one that he plays all different like, getting sharp nails to cuts things up and shooting dark eco and energy balls everywhere.

...Actually, wait, that reminds me, just exposing Ratchet to Dark Jak would be all sorts of toxic that he couldn't respond to.  Also a totally weak way to win, but gosh darn it, it should have worked with Lex Luthor and Iron Man, those Kryptonite Blasts were lethal to anyone not prepared!

But yeah, I can't complain if they make Ratchet win, but it just seems a simple case of evasion and defense helping Jak until he gets the hit he needs.  The only defense you said for Ratchet was from a gameplay perspective he takes more hits, but seeing Death Battle doesn't run on mechanics like that, thus no insta-death for Mario or Sonic or Mega Man, I don't know how much that'll play into it.

I mean, you mention Master Chief.  In game, you can have two plasma bolts for sheilds and a third to kill you on Legendary.  In canon, the whole plasma pistol and headshot thing?  Doesn't work.  Heck, you have things like this not outright killing you instantly, splattering that head into red mist.  And that's the less impressive armor.  And Samus runs on a ridiculously high energy shielding setting in game, but the armor freaking explodes from a simple tap afterwords.

In spite of all this, while I believe Jak should win, I think they'll favor with Ratchet, what with the movie coming up and all.
Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:58:35 am by Long John Killer
#606  April 08, 2016, 04:30:49 pm
    • UK
That last sentence threw me off. I don't want it to be like the yang v tifa where they set tifa up to fail because of the merging/tribute to what's his face (i don't remember his name sorry)

I don't know if ratchets been exposed to radiation, but general toxic environments have been covered more than enough in ratchet and clank games, be it just clank himself or ratchet with gas masks and what not

Dark jak Does have more ranged moves which end his form duration instantly like dark bomb and dark twist

I might have to relook into what light jak can actually do though since my memory is hazy.
#607  April 09, 2016, 09:45:18 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
New OMM
#608  April 09, 2016, 10:39:39 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I wonder if anyone pointed out that Natsu is from Fairy Tail and not Hunter X Hunter... I guess they stick by their motto "No Research"
#609  April 09, 2016, 11:14:26 pm
No, there's only like half the comments on the video saying that...

Edit:
It looks like they fixed the title.
Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:59:18 am by Sin-
#610  April 10, 2016, 03:47:30 am
    • USA
Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:40:37 pm by Long John Killer
#611  April 15, 2016, 12:13:41 am
    • USA

Not much news, but at the 17 mark they're showing off some previews of the next match's fight.

I guess Daxter's getting used for ammunition for the vacuum gun.  He always did want to go out in a blaze of glory.
#612  April 17, 2016, 06:17:42 pm
if you had Darth Maul fight any character who would you want him to be?
im asking because i've been thinking about this for a while and i couldn't really find a character suitable for him outside of his universe.
you would want him to fight a character who can resist the force and uses weapons, and not just any weapons. they need to be able to hold their own against lightsabers.
you wouldn't want him to be too strong and wind up with the same result as the darth vader fight. maul is easily killable, so you can't really go for kratos, dante or any other semi immortal character.

#613  April 17, 2016, 06:20:19 pm
#614  April 17, 2016, 07:27:49 pm
    • USA
The only real vs debate with Maul I've seen go around, beyond against other Siths, is with Spider-Man's Carnage.  And that's probably more because of their visual similarities, rather than characteristics or abilities or scope of power.

I didn't like Carnage all too much, so I never followed him closely.  The handful of comics I have that include him, which I think is just three, says he's Venom but smaller yet stronger.  Weak against loud noises, makes all his power go away and the suit will drip off the wearer, but it has to be really freaking loud.  Not something Maul'll pull out, unless you throw in a starship for him.

Plus Super Power Beat Down already did something close enough, so Death Battle probably wouldn't bother.  I'm willing to bet Spider-Man has a better chance than Carnage anyways.
#615  April 17, 2016, 08:33:00 pm
other than making maul groan alot and... talk, that was a cool battle. not a big fan of how it ended, i wanted to see how both characters would've fared without additional powers. this alternative ending implied that if both maul and spidy got venom powers maul would win, so i guess he would win if they both didn't have it.
now that i think about the prefect character to face darth maul would have to be raiden from mgs. both are equally strong, he's swords are electrically charged so they could resist the lightsaber. damn i wanna see this happen.
#616  April 21, 2016, 12:46:34 am
    • USA

Jak & Daxter's preview is out.

Well...normally, they don't give enough to work off in these previews to see how they're going to go about evaluating the characters, but here they focus way too much on the first game, not even mentioning the time traveling done to make his story make sense, that I'm left feeling that when they do the complete disclosure on Jak in the full thing they'll make it seem overbearingly obvious why he would win.

Which, yeah, I think he should, but they didn't even touch on the topic of his weapons.  Or Dark or Light eco, just the basic first game eco.  Which isn't even a real part of II and III.  Though I guess it returned somewhat in that handheld title, going by the clips.
#617  April 21, 2016, 06:10:45 pm
    • UK
that preview was bad in general
same with the ratchet and clank one

for a gaming channel they seem reeeeeaaaally casual to playstation's IPs
#618  April 23, 2016, 09:26:33 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
New OMM
AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!
#619  April 23, 2016, 09:37:41 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh wow, that was cool.

This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 09:44:21 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#620  April 23, 2016, 09:42:29 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
The fight is cool and all but i'm really tired of match-ups that are common and predictable.
Why are we getting Marvel vs Capcom matches or JUMP matches using JUMP All-Star sprites?
Those already exist, I crave original fights like Izayoi vs DIO.