Street Fighter V (Read 2919262 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#401  December 09, 2014, 03:00:32 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
sorry i was dumb, wrong thread

anyway i'll give a chance for this new "we wont release any AE, Ultra crap anymore", In fact, i think that sony will Use Street fighter Victory as his main test project for future PS4 and PC multiplayer integration via Steam and PSN accounts, like No Man's Sky

you can use already your PSN account on Steam, Cross platform Multiplayer would be a Wise step foward

atleast we'll see PS4 or joystick players bitching about PC players using keyboards to use fats combos with the Shoto's due to the low imput lag
Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 03:10:52 am by ShadowArm
#402  December 09, 2014, 03:06:29 am
ok?
#403  December 09, 2014, 03:11:49 am
bustah wolf!

is ki that big in the west? i've seen when i was a kid but there's nothing special about it imo.
#404  December 09, 2014, 03:13:44 am
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
the classic game was, the new one idk

everyone bitched about the paywall
#405  December 09, 2014, 03:20:26 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
sorry i was dumb, wrong thread

anyway i'll give a chance for this new "we wont release any AE, Ultra crap anymore", In fact, i think that sony will Use Street fighter Victory as his main test project for future PS4 and PC multiplayer integration via Steam and PSN accounts, like No Man's Sky

you can use already your PSN account on Steam, Cross platform Multiplayer would be a Wise step foward

atleast we'll see PS4 or joystick players bitching about PC players using keyboards to use fats combos with the Shoto's due to the low imput lag

I think keyboard is an interesting option for fighters.  Movement seems like it would be worse but I've heard links are easier on it.
#406  December 09, 2014, 03:40:02 am
yes it does. and for some odd  reason i can use grapplers with 360 motion easier with a keyboard.
#407  December 09, 2014, 07:53:08 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#408  December 09, 2014, 03:54:44 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
I think keyboard is an interesting option for fighters.  Movement seems like it would be worse but I've heard links are easier on it.

The only thing that suffers on a keyboard is charge supers like Guile's Flash Explosion. Everything else comes out much faster and more accurately. For me anyway.

EDIT: I really hope Hit Box makes a PS4 version soon. I'd love to give it a shot, but I'm done investing that kind of money into last gen.
#409  December 09, 2014, 04:01:45 pm
  • Quick, change the channel!
    • www.angelfire.com/hero/justicia/index.html
Mapping an extra Jump key to the spacebar helps a lot. I did it in SF4 and it did wonders, but I think it involved using joytokey and at some point I didn't bother installing it again, then I decided to map Focus Attack instead and I was too lazy to think of a better placement after that.
Dance time!
#410  December 09, 2014, 06:00:29 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
EDIT: I really hope Hit Box makes a PS4 version soon. I'd love to give it a shot, but I'm done investing that kind of money into last gen.
I'll buy another one if it's PS4 compatible. I'm so used to it I have a hard time using traditional joysticks.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#411  December 09, 2014, 07:06:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Phil Spencer is claiming he will take care of Street fighter exclusivity problem.

Is... is he going to shoot Ono?
#412  December 09, 2014, 07:15:39 pm
i hope so.
#413  December 09, 2014, 07:43:45 pm
Phil Spencer is claiming he will take care of Street fighter exclusivity problem.
Uh ? He was saying back here just yesterday that "business deals happen" and "it's part of the competition", can't win everything, and they have KI anyway and they'd rather put money on that, like he didn't care about SF5 (or more likely he's trying to act like he doesn't care because of course it pisses him off). What changed, when did he turn around on that ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#414  December 09, 2014, 08:05:48 pm
    • Peru
What makes me scratch my head is the fact that I've never considered the fighting game genre being so big or important... and now we have this kind of exclusivity deals. What could possibly have changed to make Sony start thinking like this? I mean, there are a lot of tournaments and events going around, people is interested in this stuff but from my viewpoint this is still a niche genre.
#415  December 09, 2014, 08:14:16 pm
  • SNK is life
Not to mention ... I mean, I don't even understand the point of "WTF CAPCOM HAS ENOUGH MONEY, YOU MORON". Resident Evil 6 sold like 5 MILLION units, where as the SF franchise is nowhere near those levels. I mean, among all iterations and upgrades SF4 has sold 8 million units since 2009, but as of today, USF4 must have an installed base of easily less than 1 million (Ultra has sold over 500K copies - Here are some numbers to provide perspective)

If Capcom is going to go Triple A budget for a game, it better sell at least 3 million copies. SF is not going to do that with the current saturated FG market, they definitely needed Sony's investment to make the budget IMO. Not to mention, Sony has the big winner of the console wars, with a great installed user base of 14 million PS4s.
Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:20:24 pm by Bastard Walt
#416  December 09, 2014, 08:46:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yup, the numbers and theory sound about right, sf5 will sell around 500k units, maybe one million if we assume that a lot of people who like sf got bored and did not upgrade to ultra, with that amount of sales capcom can't allocate a lot of money to sf5, if anything it would not have gotten made without sony's colaboration unless it was an even more downgraded game from B budget to C or amybe even D budget (basically, kof port budget )
#417  December 09, 2014, 09:55:02 pm
    • USA
We must also consider the fact that no many people have PS4 either. I personally don't have one, and even if I did, I wouldn't buy SF5 right away.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#418  December 09, 2014, 10:10:47 pm
    • Peru
Maybe they are going to change the business model with this game. I read somewhere that Ken Bogard claims this will be a "suscription based" game, ala KI.
#419  December 10, 2014, 12:23:18 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#420  December 10, 2014, 01:06:55 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Uh ? He was saying back here just yesterday that "business deals happen" and "it's part of the competition", can't win everything, and they have KI anyway and they'd rather put money on that, like he didn't care about SF5 (or more likely he's trying to act like he doesn't care because of course it pisses him off). What changed, when did he turn around on that ?
I might have misinterpreted it, he said he would be making amends for the exclusivity, which i assumed meant he would "fix" the issue, it might be he will just get some other exclusive?