YesNoOk

Jean Grey by Topper (Edit by CidLover1) (Read 45106 times)

Started by CidLover1, July 19, 2016, 07:50:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Jean Grey by Topper (Edit by CidLover1)
#41  August 30, 2016, 03:56:26 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA
Astral plane move and a psychic attack like pylocke has and Emma frost I know she has the tk shot but maybe psychic project that dizzy s them a few ticks

I have a dizzying move coded into Jean.  I am on the fence about whether to make it a regular move, or a Phoenix-to-Jean EX move for Dark Phoenix.  What do you suggest?

About the Astral Plane Hyper, I am currently working on it.  I wanted to save it for last since it was requested quite a bit.
"You must love the distance as much as you love the heart it is keeping you from."

~Utada Hikaru~
#42  August 30, 2016, 04:24:43 am
  • Niigasan
Yeah man can't wait to add her to my roster
#43  August 30, 2016, 04:26:56 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA
"You must love the distance as much as you love the heart it is keeping you from."

~Utada Hikaru~
#44  August 30, 2016, 06:52:40 am
Well Jean is a psychic regardless of Phoenix powers or not...so she be able do basic psychic attacks the Phoenix just amplify her psychic powers to god mode. So just a regular psychic projectile should ddo that makes dizzy would do from her head...there are some cool effects out there that would make it stand out...gotta be pink though...another thing is is think she could use more of a bird around her during a hyper...you probably have to ask acey or Olu because acey has the big bird sprites already and Olu has the bird in his mexican typhoon. ..but I know the char u are editing has actual phoenix sprites in it that you use with a over lap of the bird and have her attack as a final form for like a raging demon type input or a low health hyper...but yeah it would be cool if u use those sprites of her in the Phoenix costume and find a big bird and have her move about the screen like zvitor's ms marvel when she becomes binary
#45  September 08, 2016, 10:54:58 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA

Behold, the last attacks I planned to add to Jean Grey.

Psychosis - D,DB,B+Punch - Uses Telekinesis and Telepathy to plant a trap that stuns the opponent should it come in contact with them (Cause dizzy for about 10 seconds)

EX Psychosis (DP -> Jean) - D,DB,B+2xPunch - creates Psychosis Trap and throws it at the enemy.  (Costs 500 Power Points)

(Desperation) The Astral Plane Endsong - QCB, HCF+Kick - Unleashes Full-Screen pulse of psionic energy.  If the attack connects, Jean will lift the targets into the air and send them into the Astral Plane to do massive damage to both the Power Meter and Health Meter.  This move attacks the Power Meter until it is depleted, then it will drain the Health Meter.

She is finally ready.  I will do a full-showcase video along with her release, including the two soundtracks I used in the first two videos.

~Utada Hikaru~
#46  September 08, 2016, 12:37:29 pm
  • Niigasan
Cannot wait man
#47  September 09, 2016, 04:12:07 am
Looks cool
#48  September 09, 2016, 06:14:02 am
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
awesome moves
#49  September 13, 2016, 01:51:23 am
Wow, great video and I love the new moves that you have give
jean, she looks Awesome :thumbsup:

well done CidLover1 :)

and really looking forward to her release :megusta:
Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 01:54:53 am by galactus
#50  September 18, 2016, 12:12:51 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA
She is all done, you guys!  Grab her, play with her, and tell me what you think!

~Utada Hikaru~
#51  September 19, 2016, 06:55:06 pm
Hi CidLover1,

She does look quite awesome -! But as I load her in Mugen I get the message:
- Error message: Can't load JeanGrey.snd
- Error loading chars/JeanGrey_AvX2\JeanGrey_AvX.def
- Error loading p1

Any idea what that might be caused by?  I've noticed it before where there's a corrupted sound somewhere in the snd file.
#52  September 20, 2016, 01:29:43 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA
Hi CidLover1,

- Error loading p1

Any idea what that might be caused by?  I've noticed it before where there's a corrupted sound somewhere in the snd file.

I'm honestly not sure what that could be.  She works fine on my end.  Try redownloading her and see if you get the same error.  It may be the MUGEN Version you're using, too.  I'm not certain.

~Utada Hikaru~
#53  September 20, 2016, 01:51:07 am
Hi CidLover1,

- Error loading p1

I'm honestly not sure what that could be.  She works fine on my end.  Try redownloading her and see if you get the same error.  It may be the MUGEN Version you're using, too.  I'm not certain.

OK - I'll try again - I appreciate the quick response.  Either way congratulations on the release.

Looks like a labour of love.
#54  September 20, 2016, 04:24:36 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA
Just an idea.  Maybe you could give Jean her own folder.  It looks like you have her folder inside of another folder.  Try and give her her own folder, then rename the .DEF file the same name of the folder it's in.  That might work.

~Utada Hikaru~
#55  September 20, 2016, 05:22:11 am
#56  September 20, 2016, 06:09:39 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Please do not wishlist/request creators to make things in release threads.
#57  September 20, 2016, 08:22:12 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA
badass though I wish you kept her psychic shield and added an effect to her block

I would hope you do this guy he sorely needs it

http://www.crusadercast.com/cc-mugen-releases/(deck-the-halls)martian-manhunter-release-by-efrencortes/

or savage hulk by buyog

Her Psychic Shield is still there.  It is a LVL 2 Hyper now instead of a LVL 1.  QCB, QCB+P

As far as the block effects, consider it done.  I had to play with the coding a bit.  Maybe I will update her with a few changes soon.

~Utada Hikaru~
#58  September 20, 2016, 08:23:42 am
  • gimme ur TEA!!!!!
    • USA
Please do not wishlist/request creators to make things in release threads.

I didn't think there was an issue with him requesting anything, but if it's against the rules then it shall be notated.  :-)

~Utada Hikaru~
#59  September 20, 2016, 09:03:31 am
the only reason I brought it up was because we discussed it earlier in the thread regarding other chars...so not really requesting just giving ideas since we wondering earlier...it's up to him what he makes, I'm impartial and appreciate what he had done for jean
#60  September 20, 2016, 04:12:51 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
@CidLover1: Think you could put up a link without the stage included, probably after you update her with AI and such?