YesNoOk

Mugen Story Mode 2.3 [Source Code Released] (Read 120647 times)

Started by kamiloxnumetal, November 24, 2011, 10:05:09 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen Story Mode 2.2 Release (Sound Effects Added)
#101  December 08, 2011, 01:00:32 am
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
There's no way to put the Story Mode option on the Main Menu?
It would be better instead of "Story Mode" "Arcade Modes" "Exit".

Also, how do i make an HTML page as an story chart?

No there's no way, no without mugen source code

would it be possible for you to add a third option as well? So I can have "STORY", "ARCADE" (Which would be just the normal mugen stuff as it is right now) and a third mode for anything we want like for example a "MISSION" mode or "CHALLENGE" mode?

I'm aware that you can already do that by using story mode and coding mission or challenge mode stages/fights instead but for the sake of not having like 3 versions of this thing in the same mugen if would be nice to be able to have them all in the same executable/front end. Shouldn't be really hard as all you would need is make sure each mode reads only the files it should and ignore the duplicates of the other modes' files.

mmmm interesing, probably i can modify the "sagalist.sdef" file, and make a thing like this

saga1.mhx,mode1
saga2.mhx,mode2
saga2.mhx,mode2
saga3.mhx,mode3
saga4.mhx,mode3

Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:16:11 pm by kamiloxnumetal
#102  December 08, 2011, 05:36:09 am
  • CEO of NESTS
    • Mexico
    • mugenmexico.mexico-foro.com/
It could also be nice if the user could configure the sagas' selector to look like a regular character select screen, to make it more similar to actual fighting games.

Just my two cents.

Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Igniz
#103  December 08, 2011, 01:57:09 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
It could also be nice if the user could configure the sagas' selector to look like a regular character select screen, to make it more similar to actual fighting games.

Just my two cents.

Yes, i agree
#104  December 08, 2011, 04:18:45 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile

Just my two cents.

i consider your suggestions, just give a few days to have time to code xd (i back to the university this week, vacation end so i don't have so much time)
Re: Mugen Story Mode 2.2a (Mugen Saga Creator Update)
#105  December 10, 2011, 11:26:08 pm
  • CEO of NESTS
    • Mexico
    • mugenmexico.mexico-foro.com/
In that case, don't worry, tómate todo el tiempo que quieras (la escuela y la "vida real" son primero).

Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Igniz
#106  December 21, 2011, 05:50:48 am
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
very cool thing you got here.

wondering if a couple of the following could be implemented in the future:
- ability for the player to choose who to pick from at certain points
- not a set enemy path. what i mean is program randomly selects from a pool of who will fight
- change match type. ie, you fight a round in 1v1. then next a team match, then 1v3, etc.
#107  December 24, 2011, 11:55:39 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
kamilox...
You have some new?
thank you, man
#108  December 24, 2011, 11:59:16 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
#109  December 28, 2011, 06:01:44 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
very cool thing you got here.

wondering if a couple of the following could be implemented in the future:
- ability for the player to choose who to pick from at certain points
- not a set enemy path. what i mean is program randomly selects from a pool of who will fight
- change match type. ie, you fight a round in 1v1. then next a team match, then 1v3, etc.

bumping because i think he might have missed my question
#110  December 29, 2011, 12:26:17 am
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
i see your question jeje, but i'm working on my university now and i don't have time to work on mugen story mode, so wait about 6 months for updates  8)
Re: Mugen Story Mode 2.2a (Mediafire Reuploaded)
#111  January 23, 2012, 09:20:37 am
  • Crunchy Nut Cereal is NOT gamer food.
I don't plan to actually distribute my custom story, but this seems like a fun activity to see where I am with the customization part of M.U.G.E.N.

I will test this out.

Just a quicky: If I ever wanted to pass on my story, I could do it via the file, right?

I can't create sigs for crap. At least its 500x187
#112  January 24, 2012, 01:23:41 am
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
I don't plan to actually distribute my custom story, but this seems like a fun activity to see where I am with the customization part of M.U.G.E.N.

I will test this out.

Just a quicky: If I ever wanted to pass on my story, I could do it via the file, right?

mmm sorry i don't understand what you say on english at 100% xd jajaja "wanted to pass on my story" anybody can tell me what that means xd,  but if that means something like "i want to distribute my story" or "i want to share my story", distribute it, with the full program if you want, i got no problem with that
#113  January 24, 2012, 03:12:16 am
  • For the Murder!

mmm sorry i don't understand what you say on english at 100% xd jajaja "wanted to pass on my story" anybody can tell me what that means xd,  but if that means something like "i want to distribute my story" or "i want to share my story", distribute it, with the full program if you want, i got no problem with that

creo que se refiere a que si despues de crear su historia, podria pasarle al archivo guardado de su historia a alguien mas y esa otra persona seria capaz de reproducir la misma historia utilizando ese archivo en su MugenStoryMode propio

algo asi como un savefile creo
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#114  January 25, 2012, 12:38:59 am
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile

creo que se refiere a que si despues de crear su historia, podria pasarle al archivo guardado de su historia a alguien mas y esa otra persona seria capaz de reproducir la misma historia utilizando ese archivo en su MugenStoryMode propio

algo asi como un savefile creo

mm de poder se puede, pero no en un archivo, tienes que exportar las historias, sagas todo lo que sea necesario... al final es casi el juego completo...

seria haber...

if you want to pass on your story, you can but you have to correctly export the sagas, stories, and etc, files (pictures, htmls , music) and all that dependencies of the story
#115  February 22, 2012, 10:15:35 pm
Man, this is great addon to mugen  :o
But, I don't now why, triggers don't work good. For example, sometimes when I close StoryMode and again play, then it doesn't save my progress. Or some sagas which should be locked is unlocked. I don't now why it's happen. It not always but sometimes. I use 2.2 version your StoryMode and 1.00 Mugen RC8. Do you have any idea, why it doesn't good?
#116  February 22, 2012, 11:56:50 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
Man, this is great addon to mugen  :o
But, I don't now why, triggers don't work good. For example, sometimes when I close StoryMode and again play, then it doesn't save my progress. Or some sagas which should be locked is unlocked. I don't now why it's happen. It not always but sometimes. I use 2.2 version your StoryMode and 1.00 Mugen RC8. Do you have any idea, why it doesn't good?

Try to get out of mugen story mode using the esc key to the main menu every time, don't close it with the X close button, really i don't know what it's happening probably a bug...

the triggers are stored in a file called "triggers.mstg", you can check it with a hex editor to se if it changes when you activate a trigger, never delete this file and never compress it, you can copy/paste this file to restore your triggers to a previous state

another thing is the generation seed, is used to create the correct values for the triggers if you change it, you need to reset everything with "reset all triggers to zero"...

i'm going to check the program and try to fix bugs..
#117  February 23, 2012, 03:54:18 pm
So, I use Hex Editor and probably I find problem.
All triggers are saving in file 'triggers" and it works well.
But when I play saga 2 times, then, if i  think, this triggers are double. And than your program can't read them correctly.
For example: I play saga first time and after in Hex Editor, trigger value is 'e3'. All is well. But when i play saga second time trigger value changes to 'e4'. And StoryMode don't see it.
I hope you know what I mean :)
Do you know, how repair it?
#118  March 27, 2012, 07:19:24 am
  • ¡Good!
A stupid question:
                             ¿Mugen Story Mode 2.2a help to create a intro and ending for chars or works in something diferent? ¿and Mugen Saga Creator?.
#119  May 21, 2012, 04:19:35 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
A stupid question:
                             ¿Mugen Story Mode 2.2a help to create a intro and ending for chars or works in something diferent? ¿and Mugen Saga Creator?.

no is not for that...
#120  May 21, 2012, 04:25:03 pm
  • "El barrio xD"
    • Chile
So, I use Hex Editor and probably I find problem.
All triggers are saving in file 'triggers" and it works well.
But when I play saga 2 times, then, if i  think, this triggers are double. And than your program can't read them correctly.
For example: I play saga first time and after in Hex Editor, trigger value is 'e3'. All is well. But when i play saga second time trigger value changes to 'e4'. And StoryMode don't see it.
I hope you know what I mean :)
Do you know, how repair it?

sorry i tried to find the bug but i haven't found it, i released the source code, check if you can fix it