Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#181  August 06, 2016, 05:20:04 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Best... girl? What are you talking about :V

Yeah the wall climb thing is something I always forget about for some reason, also getting used hide to do an ult is so odd, sometimes I found myself doing it in opened areas lol.

Also, Lucio and Zen has such a great synergy now... damn is this duo good in matches.

You know that joke about X being best girl? Person Man means it like a joke.
#182  August 06, 2016, 06:50:31 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I really gotta ask something... is Genji's ult the best one in the game? Because every time someone good with him activates it he obliterates at least 2-3 characters and usually doesn't die... like, oh my god is it hard to hit him when he's jumping all around.

I swear some games it feels like the team that has a good Genji has the better chance to win... he's such a hard character to fight against when someone knows how to play him.

You know that joke about X being best girl? Person Man means it like a joke.

But Junkrat is a dude :V
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#183  August 06, 2016, 07:00:12 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, his Ult is insanely good....in the right hands. You have to be very green to screw up his Ult. It's all about timing it right and cleaning house.

That's the joke. People call X person best girl even if they aren't a girl.
#184  August 06, 2016, 10:44:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Unsurprisingly, Genji's ult makes him a very good choice for Ana's Nanoboost. In fact, sometimes I feel that it's Ana that decides when Genji unsheathes his Dragonblade
#185  August 06, 2016, 07:08:38 pm
Yeah that combination is stupid good, and you're right about Ana being the one who decides when to activate his ult... when I play Ana a Genji usually informs if he's ult is ready or almost there, and I know he's saying that because he wants that Ana ult. the other team essentially stands no chance unless all of them manage to focus fire him and even then it's unlikely due to the damage reduction.

I have done it in some quick games, if there's no Genji I usually give it to tanks, preferably to Reinhardt, then Roadhog if he has his ult or Zarya if she looks to be charged up enough... generally speaking though, stacking up her ult with other characters' ults is very effective, especially if its a long time duration ult, like Soldier 76's.

That being said, trying to heal Genji as Ana can be really hard with how tiny his hitboxes are... usually I just try to throw a cure grenade, and even then it's no guarantee it will hit him.

That's the joke. People call X person best girl even if they aren't a girl.

Hmmm I thought this only applied to female characters as a joke. Welp the more you know.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:12:45 pm by DelusionTrim
#186  August 06, 2016, 10:23:56 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
I've had Overwatch since release, but I really haven't been playing it till now. I'm only level 13 and want to know some tips to level up efficiently so I can get my hands on those lovely loot boxes. I've only really been playing against bots with other people online so I can get the hang of the characters.
#187  August 06, 2016, 11:01:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Yeah that combination is stupid good, and you're right about Ana being the one who decides when to activate his ult... when I play Ana a Genji usually informs if he's ult is ready or almost there, and I know he's saying that because he wants that Ana ult. the other team essentially stands no chance unless all of them manage to focus fire him and even then it's unlikely due to the damage reduction.

I have done it in some quick games, if there's no Genji I usually give it to tanks, preferably to Reinhardt, then Roadhog if he has his ult or Zarya if she looks to be charged up enough... generally speaking though, stacking up her ult with other characters' ults is very effective, especially if its a long time duration ult, like Soldier 76's.

That being said, trying to heal Genji as Ana can be really hard with how tiny his hitboxes are... usually I just try to throw a cure grenade, and even then it's no guarantee it will hit him
One of the times I did that combo ended with the half the enemy using their ult to stop it. It sucked because we needed that push badly.

Yea, healing Genji as Ana is a pain in the ass especially when they're retreating and away from the enemy and STILL insist on being jumpy. He's meant to dodge fire, so it's understandable. Best advice I can give is watch his jumps, he's "locked in" for sure when he second jumps.
I've had Overwatch since release, but I really haven't been playing it till now. I'm only level 13 and want to know some tips to level up efficiently so I can get my hands on those lovely loot boxes. I've only really been playing against bots with other people online so I can get the hang of the characters.
Play Quick Play grouped with somebody. Be better than your teammates at any one thing. Don't rage quit.

Vs. Bots (and Weekly brawl) gives a little less XP than normal.
Grouping up with somebody will give the grouped members a 20% exp bonus.
The medals you get at the end of the match are compared to your teammates. If you get gold in Eliminations that means you had the most eliminations among your team and so on. Medals give out a little extra xp, but only the highest one will count and only one time (i.e you get 2 golds and a bronze, but you will only get xp for 1 gold)
Leaving too many times mid-match will give you a -75% penalty.

BTW, matchmaking tries to force a 50/50 winrate for you so expect horrible teammates after going through a win streak.
#188  August 06, 2016, 11:57:34 pm
    • USA
#189  August 07, 2016, 08:01:19 pm

I just got this, oh thank you oh thank you OW :megusta:

Now if only I could manage to get Zarya, Lucio and/or Tracer as well I'd be all set!
Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 08:05:06 pm by DelusionTrim
#190  August 10, 2016, 05:46:06 am
  • Was it something I said?
^
Very first box I got. :D

Don't know about the ranking system in this game, but I got 57 (From 7-10). That's not bad, right?
#191  August 11, 2016, 02:47:02 am
    • Puerto Rico
How's everyone's luck with the Summer boxes? I hear some people have been more lucky with them than with the standard ones.

And chalk another legendary skin for me, my last box gave me Lucio's summer skin.
#192  August 11, 2016, 02:53:12 am
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page
My luck has been kinda mixed. I did manage to pull two Legendary skins for Zarya (One being the Arctic one, the other the Champion skin), nabbed the Swiss skin for Mercy, a highlight intro for Symmetra and the Medal winpose for Reaper.

At least to my knowledge. I'm crossing my fingers to get more Legendary skins, not just the Summer ones.

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#193  August 11, 2016, 03:36:50 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
My luck with the summer crates has been limited to a voice line for Soldier.76 and a spray image of Reinhardt in wrestling onesie.  >.>
#194  August 11, 2016, 03:47:39 am
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
How's everyone's luck with the Summer boxes? I hear some people have been more lucky with them than with the standard ones.

And chalk another legendary skin for me, my last box gave me Lucio's summer skin.

I got American McCree and one of the Olympic Zaryas. I also got the Mercy spray and a player icon, so I'd say my luck is pretty good.
#195  August 11, 2016, 11:28:42 am
    • USA
in summer skins I got:

* Both of Tracer's (On the first and fifth box).
* One of Zarya's (The white one).
* In recolors I got Widowmaker and Mercy.

And then a few of the new taunts and lines for lots of characters. I STILL did not get a SINGLE legendary or even epic skin for Reinhardt and D.Va, both of the players with most playtime on my end. This is getting frustrating because I really want the Pepsi.Va skin before it goes away :/

I also reached rank 65 so yay 300 CP at the end of the season!
#196  August 12, 2016, 07:20:27 pm
Other than McCree's American color, I got:

*Lucio's and Tracer's PoTG cinematic
*Mercy's summer skin
*Soldier 76's golf win pose, along with Winston's medal pose
*D.Va and Zenyatta's lines and some more for others... most importantly though I got Reinhardt's one, that's my favorite.

I'd really love to get the legendary skins but so far no luck... I still remain hopeful though :V

I also reached rank 65 so yay 300 CP at the end of the season!

Do you know if we can still buy Golden weapons when the Season ends? Because I think I'll probably not get 300 in time (I think I have like, 250 or something).

Also, Reinhardt has Summer games skin? I wasn't aware... definitely should check it out though.

^
Very first box I got. :D

Don't know about the ranking system in this game, but I got 57 (From 7-10). That's not bad, right?

Certainly not, for reference anyone from 60 and above is like 15% of the playerbase for PC at least.

You did better than I did though, I started off in 44 and believe me it was quite a pain in the beginning with leavers and what not.
#197  August 12, 2016, 08:04:09 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#198  August 12, 2016, 08:55:44 pm
    • USA
I said I never got any legendary or even epic skin for D.Va or Reinhardt, that includes the vanilla skins.

Yes, you can buy the gold weapons whenever you want. Points carry over and they're not time limited items.

And I just got Torb and McCree's summer skins so now I'm only missing D.Va (Of course, shitty luck), one of Zarya's and both Lucio skins.
#199  August 15, 2016, 01:17:57 am
I got extremely unlucky a while ago, the energy went out twice while I was in ranked which made me go from 61 to 59 since I did quit the match... got to know just now that this was due to a tree catching on fire next to a gas station which screwed up the electric energy around here.

On the other hand, yesterday I got both of the PoTG intro (turns out I didn't have it, thought I did for some reason) and Legendary Skin for Tracer (the orange one, which was the one I wanted), and today I got Lucio's Legendary as well (the white and blue one), so at least all I need now is Zarya's outfit and it's done!

Speaking of which, I've been trying out Tracer more as of late... she's great in KoTH maps, she can effectively stall enemies from going to the objective if played right. I really think I should try out more offensive heroes since I'm only really playing Soldier atm in Ranked along with some Reaper.
#200  August 15, 2016, 04:16:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
Got two legendaries recently. Both of them duplicates. =|

Yea, a good Tracer is such an annoying pest. She can hit real hard and her hit and run tactics make her a difficult target to hit.