YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 556093 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#201  August 15, 2016, 05:45:14 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I can only imagine how hard she must be to hit on consoles, she's already pretty hard to hit on PC heh. Heard that Pharah is a real pain on consoles too, and Torbjorn as well at least before the nerf he got...

Also I'm having way too much fun with Junkrat at the moment,  he can kill people so fast with his bombs sometimes and it's satisfying to land that bomb + mine combo.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#202  August 15, 2016, 11:35:32 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Got two legendaries recently. Both of them duplicates. =|
Make that three times. Two of those times were the same Lucio skin too. And not too long ago it gave me a 500 coin drop.
Blizzard plz.
#203  August 16, 2016, 08:09:22 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#204  August 17, 2016, 01:58:07 am
That map looks beautiful... can't wait for it to be released :D

Also, semi related to Overwatch... Zarya will be in Heroes of the Storm!

Hell yeah the best girl is in the game... those alternate skins make me so jealous that they aren't in Overwatch though, and this is coming from someone who actually likes the (cyber) goth skins :V
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#205  August 17, 2016, 10:46:33 am
    • Puerto Rico
Speaking of Zarya, my last box gave me the red version of her summer legendary skin.

Also, those skins for Zarya might show up in Overwatch at some point.
#206  August 17, 2016, 08:19:07 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
New Patch notes
https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20243886#patchnotes
GENERAL UPDATES
General

When activating the "Ultimate Status" communication, Symmetra now reports the number of charges left on her teleporter
    When activating the "Needs healing" communication while targeting a teammate, Ana, Lúcio, Mercy, and Zenyatta will now tell allies to group up to receive healing. A marker will appear above the player's head, allowing teammates to locate the healer more quickly
    Added Torbjörn as an AI-controlled hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
    Sit and laugh emotes are now unlockable for all heroes

Competitive Play

Skill rating is now measured on a 1-5000 scale instead of the former 1-100 scale
    Skill Rating Tiers
        Players will now be assigned to a tier, depending on their skill rating
            Bronze  - 1-1499
            Silver - 1500-1999
            Gold - 2000-2499
            Platinum - 2500-2999
            Diamond - 3000-3499
            Master - 3500-3999
            Grandmaster - 4000-5000
        In Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond tiers, a player will not drop out of their tier even if their skill rating falls below the cutoff
        In Master and Grandmaster tiers, a player whose skill rating falls below the tier's minimum
    Skill Rating Decay
        Players in Diamond, Master, and Grandmaster tiers that haven't participated in a competitive match for 7 days will lose skill rating
        Players with a skill rating above 3000 (Diamond tier or higher) will lose 50 rating points every 24 hours, but their rating will not fall below 3000
        Competing in a single match will halt skill rating decay
        Players that haven't participated in a competitive match for 7 days will immediately drop out of the top 500
    Map Changes
        Several refinements have been made to the time bank system for Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
        The time bank system has been added to Dorado, Hollywood, King's Row, Numbani, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar
        Time granted for taking objectives on Dorado, Hanamura, Hollywood, King's Row, Numbani, Route 66, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar has been reduced from 5 minutes to 4
    Competitive Points
        Existing competitive points saved from Season 1 will be multiplied by 10
        After winning a competitive match, players will now receive 10 competitive points (instead of 1)
        Players will now receive 3 competitive points for a draw
        The cost of golden weapons has also been multipled by 10 from 300 to 3000
        A soft cap is being placed on the number of competitive points that can be saved
            Players with more than 6000 points at the start of season 2 will no longer accrue points by playing competitive matches
            End-of-season rewards will still be granted to players at the soft cap
    Instead of going into sudden death, tied competitive matches will now result in a draw (click here to learn more)
    Players must now win at least 50 competitive matches to be eligible for a spot in the top 500
    Players must now complete more matches to clear their penalty status for leaving a competitive match early
    Players of drastically different skill ratings (more than 500) will no longer be able to group together in competitive matches

HERO BALANCE UPDATES
General

Ultimates that consume the ultimate meter when activated will now drain the meter more quickly (.25 second instead of 1 second)
    Reverted a recent change to reduce size of heroes' projectiles

Developer Comments: Altering the size of projectiles in flight had too many unintended side effects to keep in the game, at least in its current form. We will continue watching this and make additional changes if necessary.

D.Va

Defense Matrix
        After being activated, Defense Matrix will begin regenerating following a 1-second delay (formerly .5 seconds)

Developer Comments: Defense Matrix was too efficient when tapped repeatedly, instead of being held. Now, the recovery delay matches the ability cooldown.

Hanzo

Hanzo will now experience a 30% decrease in speed while aiming (formerly 40%)
    Maximum projectile speed has been increased by 30%

Developer Comments: Hanzo has the potential to deal a lot of damage, but he can feel really inconsistent, even at a medium distance. By increasing the projectile speed, we’re extending his reliable range, making it easier to land shots without having to perfectly predict enemy movement.

Mei

Blizzard
        The Blizzard projectile now pierces barriers
        Radius has been increased from 8 meters to 10 meters

Developer Comments: Mei has an interesting toolkit, but her ultimate often felt like it was too difficult to use effectively. Consequently, it felt weak compared to many other ultimate abilities. The freeze effect has been piercing barriers for some time now, but the projectile would still be blocked. Now, you can throw it down exactly where you want it, so it’s much easier to utilize the full radius effectively.

McCree

Deadeye
        Now drains over a .25-second period (instead of displaying a 50% reduction on the ultimate meter when activated and 0% when confirmed)

Developer Comments: If players managed to counter or avoid McCree's ultimate, it would often regenerate very quickly since only half of the ultimate charge was spent. Now, this ultimate works like every other ultimate that has a duration.

Mercy

Caduceus Staff
        Healing Beam
        Healing-per-second has been increased by 20%
    Resurrect
        Resurrected allies will be able to maneuver after 2.25 seconds (reduced from 3 seconds)

Developer Comments: Resurrection now allows teammates to jump back into the fight more quickly, which should help Mercy survive after activating her ultimate. Mercy's healing is also getting a boost to solidify her role as a strong, single-target healer.

Genji

Double jump no longer resets when wall climbing
    Dash
        No longer deals damage to traps like Widowmaker's Venom Mine or Junkrat's Steel Trap
        No longer bypasses Junkrat's Steel Trap
    Swift Strike
        No longer interrupts quick melee attacks
    Dragonblade
        Duration of Genji's ultimate has been reduced from 8 seconds to 6 seconds

Developer Comments: Genji was a little too difficult to pin down, and these changes will balance his speed. Swift Strike no longer cancels the recovery time from a quick melee attack, so players will no longer be able to get a free melee attack before using Swift Strike. Lastly, Dragonblade's duration was long enough that it often felt too difficult to reasonably counter.

Lúcio

Amp It Up
        The boosting of movement speed has been decreased by 30% (from a 100% increase to a 70% increase)

Developer Comments: Thanks to Lúcio's speed increase, he was almost a must pick in every lineup.

Roadhog

Chain Hook
        If the hooked target isn't in Roadhog's line of sight when retracting the hook, they will be moved back to the position where they were originally hooked

Developer Comments: This change means that hooked targets will be less likely to slide along walls, potentially ending up in an odd place after they've been reeled in.

Zenyatta

Orb of Discord
        The amount of damage amplified by a target with Orb of Discord has been decreased from 50% to 30%
    Orb of Destruction
        Damage has been increased from 40 to 46

Developer Comments: Zenyatta is in a far better place since the last update, but the strength of Orb of Discord has turned him into an almost mandatory pick. These changes reduce Orb of Discord's effectiveness, but his damage-dealing potential has been increased. The amount of damage that he delivers should feel largely unaffected by the change.

MAP BALANCE CHANGES

Watchpoint: Gibraltar

Watchpoint: Gibraltar’s first checkpoint has been removed

Developer Comments: The balance changes that were implemented in previous patches have eliminated the need for Watchpoint: Gibraltar to have an extra checkpoint.

USER INTERFACE UPDATES

General

A new "Allied Health Bars" option has been added (Options > Controls)
    Contextual menus have been added on the hero selection screen, giving players the ability to report or group up with other players
    Matchmaking UI is now purple in the Competitive Play queue
    Made several minor adjustments to typography in the Spectator UI

BUG FIXES

General

Fixed a bug that allowed the kill participation metric to go above 100 percent
    Fixed a bug in the Custom Game settings preventing the Ability Cooldown modifier from affecting Ana
    Fixed a bug that caused heroes to die when first spawned in a custom game if Health and Damage modifiers were used simultaneously
    Fixed a bug preventing the hero list in Custom Game settings from being organized alphabetically
    The spectate option now becomes unavailable (the button will be greyed out) when all spectator slots have been filled in a Custom Game lobby
    Fixed an issue causing in-game statistics to run off the edge of the screen in 16:10 aspect ratio

AI

Fixed a bug that caused Bastion to become stuck, continuously healing himself in the spawn area

Heroes

Appropriate sound effects now play when Ana shoots barriers, shields, and armor
    D.Va no longer communicates her ultimate status for Self-Destruct while charging her Call Mech ultimate
    Hanzo's Spirit Dragon voice line now plays when using his Okami and Lone Wolf skins
    Fixed various issues with Junkrat's emote and highlight animations
    Fixed an issue causing Mei's Ice Wall to push herself to the side when cast at her feet
    Fixed a bug preventing Mei's Ice Wall from being destroyed by a moving payload
    Fixed a bug that prevented Mei's Ice Wall from appearing at the target location when cast
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to reach unintended map locations using Shadow Step
    Fixed a bug causing Reinhardt's shield to jitter when turning in third person
    Fixed an issue that prevented Roadhog's chain from displaying correctly in some situations
    Fixed several issues with Symmetra's emotes and highlight intros
    The scarf on Tracer's Slipstream skin is no longer stiff in the Hurdle highlight intro
    Fixed a bug preventing overtime from being triggered while Zenyatta is using Transcendence
    The names of Tracer's Sprinter and Track and Field skins now display correctly

Maps

Fixed an issue preventing Genji and Hanzo from reliably climbing a specific crate on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
#207  August 17, 2016, 10:25:21 pm
    • USA
#208  August 17, 2016, 10:47:06 pm
    • USA
Oh boy Hanzo's back
#209  August 17, 2016, 11:27:39 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:34:39 pm by A generous backer(s)
#210  August 17, 2016, 11:54:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#211  August 18, 2016, 02:42:40 am
    • USA
The first season has ended and the bonus competitive points were finally distributed. Time to buy that Zarya golden weapon  :nuttrox:

#212  August 18, 2016, 06:11:44 pm
Tfw Hanzo gets buffed like he should have (though the hitboxes coming back are probably not a good idea), but Mei only gets a slight range to her ult that won't matter much :/... oh well, at least the hitbox to the icicle got increased so it will be a bit more reliable to hit targets I guess.

As far as golden guns go, I got Mei's... kinda wish her ice powers would become white for her Yeti Hunter costume since the ice fog inside the glass turns white, but it was worthy of a purchase regardless, it looks awesome.

EDIT: Woah I did some testing and it turns out the hitbox buff to her is really good:

Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:13:41 pm by DelusionTrim
#213  August 18, 2016, 07:36:35 pm
    • USA
#214  August 21, 2016, 09:57:10 pm
Seems like my luck has grown a lot as of late when it comes to getting the summer games skins... just in the last couple days I got the other Lucio legendary one (yellow/green one), also got Zarya's weightlifter (red), as for colors I got Genji's and D.Va's, then there were the medal win poses for Mei and Reaper.

I guess I got a good deal of the stuff I wanted... haven't gotten the alternate color for Tracer or Zarya as of yet but at least having one of them for each is good enough. I really wish Mei had gotten one though, the outfit she wears in her spray and profile picture would've been enough.

Speaking of Mei, hitting targets with her icicle in PTR feels a lot more consistent now considering the hitbox is not the size of a McCree bullet anymore (yes believe it or not that giant icicle has the same hitbox as McCree's bullet ever since the hitbox patch), I'm praying for this change to her alternate fire to go live.
#215  August 21, 2016, 10:11:00 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I honestly gotta ask because I've been looking around the competitive circuit for Overwatch as well as some random casuals since Widowmaker's nerf and I honestly gotta ask:

Was it really a good decision to nerf her that badly since I barely see people play her anymore? I'll still play her when I get the game and a PS4, but it seems that with Hanzo gaining a buff, she isn't looking so viable anymore.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#216  August 21, 2016, 11:08:28 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I honestly gotta ask because I've been looking around the competitive circuit for Overwatch as well as some random casuals since Widowmaker's nerf and I honestly gotta ask:

Was it really a good decision to nerf her that badly since I barely see people play her anymore? I'll still play her when I get the game and a PS4, but it seems that with Hanzo gaining a buff, she isn't looking so viable anymore.

I can't say for everyone but as my cousin likes to play with her, he shed tears because of the nerf to Widowmaker. I feel for him as well, people have to really work to get a true standing with her. That and Hanzo getting his hitbox back makes him a much better action sniper.
#217  August 22, 2016, 12:44:16 am
From what I know she was broken because her scope cancelling allowed for her to charge shots much quicker than it's supposed to for full damage (150 body shot), so anyone good with her could be nearly unstoppable at dealing damage.

As for PS4, I think that even before the nerf she was never really good there because the aiming isn't as precise as on PC.

#218  August 22, 2016, 05:16:03 am
  • The Goddess Returns
From what I know she was broken because her scope cancelling allowed for her to charge shots much quicker than it's supposed to for full damage (150 body shot), so anyone good with her could be nearly unstoppable at dealing damage.

As for PS4, I think that even before the nerf she was never really good there because the aiming isn't as precise as on PC.

If that's the case, it really feels like the nerf should have only happen on the PS4 side with her damage being only slightly lowered for PS4 if she's really that deadly only on the PC...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#219  August 22, 2016, 07:33:29 am
    • USA
They should just give her back the 150 body shots since Zenyatta got more health only Tracer would get one shotted by it and if your a Tracer and get sniped by a Widow without being stuck you probably weren't doing that well to begin with plus Tracer deserves to be wiped out of existence at any given moment anyway.

Also fuck the summer event I leveled up 100+ times bought 44 loot boxes and never once got American McCree the one skin i wanted the most but i sure needed 8 Japan Genji's, 5 where ever the fuck Torbs is suppose to represent and 2 of every other Olympic skin but nothing beat having 60 boxes of only duplicates in a row i have 10,000 coins now and i can't use them to get the one thing i want which is really dumb.
#220  August 22, 2016, 10:04:52 am
    • Puerto Rico