YesNoOk

Overwatch thread (Read 556619 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#341  November 08, 2016, 01:44:07 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
So here is the Pharah buff in the new PTR update:

One new change to play with today:

Pharah
Hover Jets
Lift increased by 35%

Damn I'm missing out on all the new stuff in PTR... hopefully I can get on the game this week.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#342  November 10, 2016, 03:20:14 pm
Finally got my CPU fixed, tried out PTR yesterday.

Sombra is really fun, she is the type of hero that I really like, one with plenty of utility and denial abilities. I remember a lot of people were complaining and asking for nerfs saying she was OP and all before she was even released on PTR (like seriously), but thankfully that bandwagon has cooler off. She feels like one of those characters that will be increasingly harder to play the higher levels you go since she really gains a lot from players not paying much attention, but I think she has potential... only thing that really bugs me is how slow the decloaking animation is, it just feels overkill because she gives a fallout the moment that happens.

Played arcade mode yesterday, and man is it good... 1v1 is surprisingly (to me at least) fun, and intense depending on the character. But 3v3 is really something else, I played so much of it yesterday and again, it's very fun to play. Both of these modes definitely needs more maps, but still it's really welldone.

Brawls are cool, nice to see Mystery Hero brawl having it's own icon to select it since it's a pretty good brawl (I don't know if it's going to stay that way though), there is another one that lets you go into a randomly expected brawl which is great so no more waiting for weeks to get into that brawl you really wanted again.

All in all this is the best update so far for sure, great to see how much is being done to the game, keep doing good Blizzard.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#343  November 14, 2016, 12:50:54 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
So for all of you PC players, can you tell me if it's possible to bring a friend for 1v1 mode so you'll immediately fight your friend in?
If not, can you at least use those rules in custom matches?
#344  November 14, 2016, 11:48:46 pm
I don't think 1v1 with friends has been implemented yet, I think I saw some posts on reddit about it IIRC, but the developers said they will do it.

Dunno about custom matches though.

Also friendly reminder that the new Genji Oni skin will become available to achieve starting tomorrow:

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20327397
#345  November 15, 2016, 09:04:07 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Sombra patch is live
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/15/overwatchs-new-patch-live-brings-sombra-arcade-mode-nerfs-buffs/
Blizzard just launched Overwatch’s Patch 1.5.0.2, which adds the newest hero, Sombra, along with the new Arcade mode that features a variety of game modes, and more hero adjustments.

The biggest attraction of the new update is Sombra, the new hacker hero with a fully automatic Machine Pistol and the ability to hack and block enemy abilities,  hack health packs and Torbjorn’s turret, making them useless to her opponents. You can read more about Sombra in our earlier report.

The next new feature is the Arcade mode. This mode allows you to choose from a variety of regularly rotating game modes, maps, and rulesets that are a little different from what you get in Quick Play or Competitive Play. From 1-on- duels to 3-vs-3 skirmishes, you can go with the alternating selection of brawls, or special rulesets like “no hero switching.”

Additionally, it’s worth noting that the rule that was implemented for Competitive Play that only allows a hero to be chosen once per team has gone into effect for Quick Play with the update. That means no more teams of 6 Meis. However, heroes can still be selected multiple times in the 6v6 “No Limits” mode in Arcade.

A quick heads up for those of you into Overwatch’s Competitive Play—the second season will end on November 23, 4pm PDT (0:00 UTC). The third season begins on November 30 at 4pm PDT (0:00 UTC).

Here are some adjustments made for some of the heroes:

Ana
    Nano Boost
        No longer increases move speed

D.Va
    Call Mech
        Ultimate cost has been decreased by 20%
    Mech health increased to 200 (formerly 100). Armor remains at 400
    Movement speed while firing has been increased by 25%

Lucio
    Amp It Up
        Healing per second has been decreased by 10%

Mercy
    Passive health regeneration now activates when Mercy avoids taking damage for 1 second (formerly 3 seconds)

Pahara
    Rocket Launcher
        Minimum explosion damage has been increased by 13%
        Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0%
    Jump Jets
        Lift increased by 35%

Soldier 76
    Pulse Rifle
        Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
        Maximum bullet spread increased from 2.2 to 2.4

Torbjorn
    Scrap is now automatically generated over time
    The amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy has been decreased by 40%
    Forge Hammer
        Swing speed increased by 25%
        Damage decreased by 27%

Widowmaker
    Venom Mine
        Explosion no longer damages the player who placed the mine
    Widow’s Kiss
        Charge rate increased by 20%

Zarya
    Particle Barrier
        Power gained from barriers decreased by 20%
    Projected Barrier
#346  November 15, 2016, 11:35:31 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Sombra patch is live
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/15/overwatchs-new-patch-live-brings-sombra-arcade-mode-nerfs-buffs/
Blizzard just launched Overwatch’s Patch 1.5.0.2, which adds the newest hero, Sombra, along with the new Arcade mode that features a variety of game modes, and more hero adjustments.

The biggest attraction of the new update is Sombra, the new hacker hero with a fully automatic Machine Pistol and the ability to hack and block enemy abilities,  hack health packs and Torbjorn’s turret, making them useless to her opponents. You can read more about Sombra in our earlier report.

The next new feature is the Arcade mode. This mode allows you to choose from a variety of regularly rotating game modes, maps, and rulesets that are a little different from what you get in Quick Play or Competitive Play. From 1-on- duels to 3-vs-3 skirmishes, you can go with the alternating selection of brawls, or special rulesets like “no hero switching.”

Additionally, it’s worth noting that the rule that was implemented for Competitive Play that only allows a hero to be chosen once per team has gone into effect for Quick Play with the update. That means no more teams of 6 Meis. However, heroes can still be selected multiple times in the 6v6 “No Limits” mode in Arcade.

A quick heads up for those of you into Overwatch’s Competitive Play—the second season will end on November 23, 4pm PDT (0:00 UTC). The third season begins on November 30 at 4pm PDT (0:00 UTC).

Here are some adjustments made for some of the heroes:

Ana
    Nano Boost
        No longer increases move speed

D.Va
    Call Mech
        Ultimate cost has been decreased by 20%
    Mech health increased to 200 (formerly 100). Armor remains at 400
    Movement speed while firing has been increased by 25%

Lucio
    Amp It Up
        Healing per second has been decreased by 10%

Mercy
    Passive health regeneration now activates when Mercy avoids taking damage for 1 second (formerly 3 seconds)

Pahara
    Rocket Launcher
        Minimum explosion damage has been increased by 13%
        Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0%
    Jump Jets
        Lift increased by 35%

Soldier 76
    Pulse Rifle
        Bullet damage increased from 17 to 20
        Maximum bullet spread increased from 2.2 to 2.4

Torbjorn
    Scrap is now automatically generated over time
    The amount of scrap collected from a fallen enemy has been decreased by 40%
    Forge Hammer
        Swing speed increased by 25%
        Damage decreased by 27%

Widowmaker
    Venom Mine
        Explosion no longer damages the player who placed the mine
    Widow’s Kiss
        Charge rate increased by 20%

Zarya
    Particle Barrier
    Projected Barrier

YES! ...It sucks massively though that due to me having plenty of other games that downloaded before Overwatch, it's gonna take a minute before the update finishes from my end...

Atleast Widow's mine will no longer kill her and the charge rate has been boosted(STILL need to decrease the cd of her Grappling Hook).

And Mercy won't be so damn easy to kill anymore. And damn straight Ana's Ultimate no longer boosts speed, it was becoming way too damn obvious that Nano Boost gave way too much and there was so little ways to really stop a character that has been Nano Boosted past another good Ult.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#347  November 16, 2016, 02:12:05 am
They didn't mention the most important part of the patch... Zarya's lazer tick rate got fixed, it feels so much more consistent to hit characters with it now I love it, now I cant hit Genji's a lot more reliably which is a great thing :D

Played Mei today too, the 15% nerf to her ult charge along with the extra 25% for the entire cast is definitely noticeable, but I could still build it reasonably fast enough. She just won't have it up in every first encounter fight that's all, she is still very viable which is a good thing. Just for reference, before it she had to deal 1000HP of damage/self heal, with this it's 1400 but then again everyone got nerfed so it's not so bad.
#348  November 16, 2016, 02:50:23 am
    • USA
Atleast Widow's mine will no longer kill her and the charge rate has been boosted(STILL need to decrease the cd of her Grappling Hook).

Personally i fell like Grappling Hook doesn't really need a lower CD it's to get her to sniping spots and gives you one shot at getting away if someone is near you . the Charge buff is already a huge game changer for her in the few matches i tried with her i'm now able to keep at the minimum silver in eliminations and a medal in damage every game and i don't think I'm that great of a Widow player the venom mine change is icing on the cake considering the number of times i have died with the enemy to my own trap.

Having tried out the new stuff Sombra is super fun though the health pack hacking needs to be changed because it's a bit ridiculous the way it works right now.
1v1 is dumb the way it is right now why do we play 5 matches if someone already won 3 of them it's just a waste of time and some matches are just plain stupid Torb,Bastion and Symmetra matches are basically who's tired of sitting around waiting for the enemy to come and is willing to risk a lose to end it.
3v3 is really fun and i can only imagine it's even better with an actually group instead of randoms.
Also the new lines Mercy's Witch skin got are great.
#349  November 16, 2016, 09:48:16 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I can honestly see your point Girard but ultimately, I feel having two healers rather than one can easily counter the health pack healing(if anything, the insane level of charge it gives when players take it and the quickness of it's regen on your side honestly makes it far more favorable than hacking the players themselves(which rarely happens well because obviously you can easily get shot in the process). So unless they make it so hacking players is slightly easier(a second is an eternity, especially on PC but even console a good eye means Sombra's fucked)

Playing Sombra...she's actually very good...when you know how she works and the best situations for her abilities.
Mainly atm, you are far better off hacking health packs than the enemies themselves. Past Reinhardt, D.Va and Genji, it's not easy at all to hack most players, even the ones she can massively counter(Tracer, Zarya) due to the fact that they have ways to easily stop the hacks.

And yeah, I played Widow and it's SO MUCH EASIER to play her, but I'd rather the hook be on a lower CD mainly due to the fact that with how it is now, you have to commit way too much into that single hook.

Pharah is now basically the Grim Reaper. Yes, she still has counters but my god, she's basically one of the strongest and most ridiculous Damage Dealers now due to the overall buffs to her lift, keeping her up forever. Having a Lucio on top of that means you can now add even more ridiculous movement on top of that(in Competitive, I have gotten 31-1...and no, the team wasn't completely terrible at all, she's honestly just that ridiculous now)

And yeah, Mei's super Ultimate nerf does suck that she can't spam her Ult...but thank god she can't anymore(before the patch hit, I knew way too well that seeing a Mei use her Ultimate every 1-2 confrontations is just ridiculous...).

And Mercy really is that much harder to kill so thank god for that.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#350  November 16, 2016, 03:01:48 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I find that taking the high ground as Sombra helps with player hacks. Been able to do so from the rooftops in Hollywood to enemies at ground level.
#351  November 17, 2016, 06:15:26 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Now that majority of heroes have gotten nice buffs, can they finally give Winston a buff please? He's in a pretty bad spot compared to most heroes now.
#352  November 17, 2016, 07:26:34 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Hahaha, no he's not. Winston has always been in that spot where a buff could potentially make him a gamebreaker.
#353  November 18, 2016, 12:41:48 am
Winston is completely fine, he's neither in need of buffs or nerfs... "misunderstood" is probably the best word to describe him imo, not many people know how he is supposed to be played.

He's also one of those characters that need a competent team with him, when you have one though he can be a force to be reckoned with.
#354  November 18, 2016, 08:28:34 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I may be harping on about this but I honestly have to say this:

I feel like Blizzard really shat the pooch with this latest D.Va buff. I've been in so many damn games that have a D.Va in it and combined with her past buffs and her latest buffs, she pretty much outlives EVERYONE. While yes, Sombra can basically fuck her over, as long as the D.Va isn't stupid enough to try and fight the Sombra after getting hacked(and thus free reign to her crit box), D.Va can pretty much take even worse punishment than Roadhog can and live to fight another day(I've tried Reaper and actually died way too damn often while barely wearing her down for the rest of my team on multiple accounts).

This on top of the movement speed while shooting got boosted, meaning she can kill anyone whose actually threatening to her even moreso than other tanks which means you are pretty much forced into taking down D.Va before she can do the same to you. And yes, there is Mei and Zarya but D.Va can still escape those battles/depend on her teammates for that. And Roadhog is only really useful if he has teammates to jump on her before she flees/fights back.

Honestly, she should have kept her HP at 500 and gave her the movement speed buff instead. And at this rate, I don't even see the point of Call Mech Ultimate getting normalized when it's hard as hell now getting D.Va to that position even compared to other Tanks.

I just keep getting reminded of that video that has the game be way too DPS oriented on top of the Tank Meta in which the Tanks pretty much are beefy as fuck DPS characters.

EDIT: Believed she gained an extra 100 Armor, not Health...whoops.

Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:00:14 am by Xhominid
#355  November 18, 2016, 01:07:38 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Hahaha, no he's not. Winston has always been in that spot where a buff could potentially make him a gamebreaker.
He was nerfed due to the double Winston meta when competitive allowed hero stacking, I really want a buff to Winston's barrier or a rework to it so it'll be a better tool to use, I don't want damage buffs or anything like that, just something like more HP on his barrier or less cool down.

Winston is completely fine, he's neither in need of buffs or nerfs... "misunderstood" is probably the best word to describe him imo, not many people know how he is supposed to be played.

He's also one of those characters that need a competent team with him, when you have one though he can be a force to be reckoned with.
I thoroughly enjoy Winston as it is, having over 110 hours with him, I know how he functions and his best uses are, sure, sometimes I accidentally over extend with him, but I can't help but feel he can't do much to the new D.Va buffs and is definitely taking things bad from Soldier 76's buffs now, but that's probably because they made Soldier too strong, D.Va's just harder to take down with him without support now.

I'd just love a buff to his barrier if anything.
#356  November 18, 2016, 01:45:13 pm
Haha D.Va's HP buff barely makes any difference, it honestly feels like she went from 200HP to 225 with this buff if anything, the critical box is that bad.

#357  November 18, 2016, 01:57:49 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Haha D.Va's HP buff barely makes any difference, it honestly feels like she went from 200HP to 225 with this buff if anything, the critical box is that bad.
Prolly doesn't matter to most hit scan heroes and Hog, but I barely play them because most teams in Quick play barely care about a balanced team and leave two slots for a Tank and HOPEFULLY a healer and since Winston's the only tank I'm really putting my time into (Sure, I do swap to Hog if the enemy team has a Reaper and a McCree, this will also apply to Soldier to him being able to counter Winston better now) makes it a real task to deal decent damage to D.Va since she can easily walk in and out his barrier making it harder for him to avoid damage.

But Winston also has a huge crit box, so it's getting hard to even deal with Widow's at a decent range now due to her charge buff :x
#358  November 18, 2016, 04:08:26 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Again, any smart D.Va will not allow that to happen anymore, especially since she can use the Boost for other means since she now has faster walking speed while firing. The only characters that can make it easy for you to take her out with that huge crit box is Sombra who can hack her, Mei freezing her or Roadhog. And even then, you still need teammates for most of those situations.

#359  November 22, 2016, 07:32:22 pm
    • USA
Symmetra rework stuff
#360  November 23, 2016, 12:12:47 am
So the symmetra changes are on PTR right now apparently, I'm really interested since I used to play her a lot...

Also they said that character interactions with Sombra will be added, it does feel odd no one interacts with her yet.