YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1026667 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:

GLB

Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#321  February 05, 2013, 10:46:40 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Just recently stopped playing Space Channel 5 (don't you judge me.) I didn't make it far, I forgot how annoying the moves can be to repeat sometimes, especially on a dreamcast controller.  :mmhmm:
#322  February 06, 2013, 03:17:06 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Long ago, I got Mass Effect 3.

Then I played a bit of it and stopped.

I dunno, it's just... Eh.
The HUD is rather bland, and I just can't seem to get invested in it properly.

Maybe it's because I'm playing a way better game Ni No Kuni.
#323  February 06, 2013, 12:38:37 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Call of Duty: Black Ops

It is the most memorable FPS game for me. I'll probably play some Zombies from time to time if ever I get bored with BOII which is highly unlikely.

Rest, my sweet child. :tearsofjoy:

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.

DMK

#324  February 13, 2013, 01:56:13 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Aliens: CM

why
#325  February 13, 2013, 10:36:29 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
^ It sucked? I was planning on buying a copy. WHY DID IT SUCK!? IT'S ALIENS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

#326  February 13, 2013, 11:17:47 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
You know, after the disaster that was DNF, I honestly didn't see why the game wouldn't suck outside of its hype.
Gearbox don't know how to makes good games anymore. ;_;
[/opinion]

Essentially, Markpachi, it looks and sounds like Alien (and the musical score is absolutely incredible), but the game just feels like ass it's not even funny.
Many people complain about the lack of tension, which is in fault mostly because of one of the flaws fixed with DNF: you can carry a fuckton of overpowered weapons to kill whatever dumb AI coming at you just standing in front of your crosshair. On consoles, the game looks like shit but luckily I tried it out on PC, and it actually looks pretty fucking nice. Also, ironically barely any xenos.

Speaking of which, multiplayer. Marines still too OP, and player-controlled xenos are diverse in their abilities but so hard to control and so slow to move around with.

Game just feels generic. Game just feels like aaaaaassssss. A big bag of disappointment.
Want to play a good modern Alien game? Play Rebellion's AvP, or Aliens: Infestation on DS. (Metroidvania with squad permadeaths, pretty intense)

DMK

#327  February 13, 2013, 11:28:07 am
    • USA
Yep, the first level IMO is freaking great, not the best, but great. You really get into it, they build up decent tension and my first 1 on 1 with an alien ended with me sticking a shotgun down its throat, with me being covered in Acid and unable to regen probably. The next level though....the next level...YOU SHOOT NOTHING BUT BLOODY HUMANS! Not a mix of fights, not a few fights with xenos then humans. Freaking flappin humans and ends as such. I literally got up and went back for my money. Never has a game been so bad, I couldn't finish it even for fucking achievements! With so much better stuff coming out I decided to put the money on other games down the road, but fuck man this game literally killed me inside(as far as gaming goes.) Not even Duke did that because it was some what fun. I'll pick it up again and finish it in 2 months when its sitting at bargin bin price and not a second sooner or amount smaller. Fuck you Gearbox you fucking hacks, no one better believe them about shipping shit off and if that is true fuck them more, finish that shit in house you twits, we waited 6 years make it longer, but make it GOOD.

I give it a BLISTERING FUCKING FURY/10

GOH

#328  February 13, 2013, 11:34:49 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#329  February 13, 2013, 11:36:04 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
That blows. I thought Gearbox would learn from Duke Nukem Forever, but I guess I was wrong.

The campaign concentrates on the use of the Marines, right? I thought that since you'll be battling the ferocious Aliens, it'll make your blood pump out pure adrenaline. I thought it'll make you shit your pants because based from the movies, Aliens are both fast and strong ... WHAT WENT WRONG.

How was the campaign's story? Was it interesting?

Want to play a good modern Alien game? Play Rebellion's AvP, or Aliens: Infestation on DS. (Metroidvania with squad permadeaths, pretty intense)
Rebellion's AvP? Are you talking about the AvP for the PSP? I don't think I remember that game.
Aliens: Infestation huh? Noted.

I give it a BLISTERING FUCKING FURY/10
Ahhh damn, right on the fucking childhood. Oh well, thanks for the heads up guys.

#330  February 13, 2013, 11:44:16 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Nah man, Rebellion's AvP is that one game that came out over a year ago on PS3, 360 and PC.
It's pretty nice and I loved what I played of it, plus Steam kinda always puts it on sale whenever possible if you wanna get it on the cheap with a more active playerbase. (PS3/360 bargain bin price can be up to $10 if you can actually find it. So worth the investment.)
#331  February 13, 2013, 11:47:31 am
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
My image parsing is stupid.

DMK

#332  February 13, 2013, 11:55:58 am
    • USA
Marine campaign in it was really good too.

That blows. I thought Gearbox would learn from Duke Nukem Forever, but I guess I was wrong.

The campaign concentrates on the use of the Marines, right? I thought that since you'll be battling the ferocious Aliens, it'll make your blood pump out pure adrenaline. I thought it'll make you shit your pants because based from the movies, Aliens are both fast and strong ... WHAT WENT WRONG.

How was the campaign's story? Was it interesting?

Yep, all Marines, but the Xeno encounters are really awkward. Its rare to see more then 3 or 4 at a time, when its obvious there should be more, near the end of the first level comes to mind for that specific problem. The A.I. is garbage, really, really garbage. Aliens will flat out run up to you, rather then say, clinging to walls or using vents to their advantage and flank. At best they will move under walkways, which is cool at first, but they just come up a second later right behind you and are really vulnerable during that and if you run past them the A.I. completely ignores you, even if it should still be chasing you a great distance.

Far as story goes it was pretty interesting. I want to see what happened on the planet, why other huamsn are there and tons of other stuff. the easter eggs alone I was telling myself would be worth it, but I couldn't do it. Just couldn't freaking do it. the second level was a long one too, but seeing as characters rarely talked or crackedwise, freaking SOMETHING to say along the way, it got repetitive really fast and the gunplay was far below anything i could of imagined. If you're a big alien fan though, do play it but wait for a big price drop. What its going for right now does not reflect in the effort and testing put into it.

#333  February 13, 2013, 12:08:27 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
I guess i'll just either borrow a copy from a friend if ever one of them decides to buy it, wait for the price drop, or just buy a used copy. Oh well.

Nah man, Rebellion's AvP is that one game that came out over a year ago on PS3, 360 and PC.
It's pretty nice and I loved what I played of it, plus Steam kinda always puts it on sale whenever possible if you wanna get it on the cheap with a more active playerbase. (PS3/360 bargain bin price can be up to $10 if you can actually find it. So worth the investment.)
Ohhh, okay. I'll see if I can find a copy.

Yep, all Marines, but the Xeno encounters are really awkward. Its rare to see more then 3 or 4 at a time, when its obvious there should be more, near the end of the first level comes to mind for that specific problem. The A.I. is garbage, really, really garbage. Aliens will flat out run up to you, rather then say, clinging to walls or using vents to their advantage and flank. At best they will move under walkways, which is cool at first, but they just come up a second later right behind you and are really vulnerable during that and if you run past them the A.I. completely ignores you, even if it should still be chasing you a great distance.

Far as story goes it was pretty interesting. I want to see what happened on the planet, why other huamsn are there and tons of other stuff. the easter eggs alone I was telling myself would be worth it, but I couldn't do it. Just couldn't freaking do it. the second level was a long one too, but seeing as characters rarely talked or crackedwise, freaking SOMETHING to say along the way, it got repetitive really fast and the gunplay was far below anything i could of imagined. If you're a big alien fan though, do play it but wait for a big price drop. What its going for right now does not reflect in the effort and testing put into it.
Ahh man, it's like DNF all over again. Still gonna buy a copy though but not right now. Any game suggestions?

DMK

#334  February 13, 2013, 12:20:47 pm
    • USA
If I may suggest a quite older game, but Alien Trilogy, a doomesq Alien game where you play as Ripley. I found it pretty fun as a kid and still own my PS1 copy. One of the worse/best parts of it was the fact Aliens or enemies in general didn't make foot steps so if you didn't know a level well you would get freaked the fuck out by a sneaking Xeno, which in a way isn't bad considering what its based off I guess. The death scenes you got depending on what killed you was bretty kool too.

GOH

#335  February 13, 2013, 12:27:16 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Alien Resurrection (PS1) is good too. Also Alien Vs. Predator (1999) is pretty good too.
#336  February 13, 2013, 12:40:18 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Noted

#337  February 16, 2013, 03:41:06 pm
  • I Made It
    • USA
Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but after 5 years the fun just seemed to die. Added to the fact I finally got an Xbox 360 last Christmas, this game has finally seen it's last days.
#338  February 16, 2013, 07:44:42 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Carl of Duty:Black cops 2 X) jk

CoD:BC2 isnt that bad,the zombie mod is pretty cool,especially in 4 players,but theres laaag sometimes

DBZ:Raging Blast 2....Probably one of the best DBZ games i ever played.....also it lags like a bitch in 2 player when someone recharges their ki
#339  February 17, 2013, 03:08:19 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi

#340  February 17, 2013, 07:07:04 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Thanks ill try that