YesNoOk

The Nintendo News Thread (Read 1573536 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 07, 2011, 09:14:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Nintendo News Thread
#321  August 28, 2013, 08:01:12 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Why do I get the feeling that the 2DS has something to do with that 3DS patent case that they just recently lost?
#322  August 28, 2013, 08:06:25 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#323  August 28, 2013, 08:18:10 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Nintendo 2DS? SERIOUSLY? They can't think of anything original? For that matter that could just go from Wii U, back to the Wii, then back to the GameCube in 2020 for that matter. Also, the 'DS' name is as old as the original phat DS.

Nintendo is definitely drunk..... Go home (and be a family man).

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#324  August 28, 2013, 08:23:22 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Nintendo 2DS? SERIOUSLY? They can't think of anything original? For that matter that could just go from Wii U, back to the Wii,

They'd have to go down to Wii T first </badjoke>
#325  August 28, 2013, 08:27:01 pm
Why do I get the feeling that the 2DS has something to do with that 3DS patent case that they just recently lost?
if it got that bad then they wouldn't be able to sell any 3ds systems

Nintendo 2DS? SERIOUSLY? They can't think of anything original?
they've been doing portable console variations with slight changes ever since the original game boy. this isn't new.
#326  August 28, 2013, 09:44:36 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
I think it's smart marketing
They release a console that can play 3d  games without the 3d the same day Pokemon comes out.
That way, they don't alienate their older fans and allows kids who couldn't get the 3DS to play Pokémon and other popular 3DS games.

Bea

#327  August 28, 2013, 10:18:08 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
That 2DS thing is awesome!
The only bad thing about it is the case design, but since it is aimed at small children, I can see why they went with that.

The lack of 3D and 3D slider is a major plus for me. 3D movies and games cause me terrible headaches that can last days.
This thing allows me to own a 3DS without worrying about that dreadful slider and the having headaches out of nowhere.

Also, with that price range and with Pokemon coming along soon, I can see this being a major killer at the upcoming holiday sales.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#328  August 29, 2013, 12:22:55 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I, for one, don't see the harm in it. Design is not my cup of tea nor will I purchase it, but the backlash on this is goddamn ridiculous. People are acting like it's taking over the actual 3DS or something lol.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#329  August 29, 2013, 12:29:13 am
  • SNK is life
For that price cut, I might even consider buying this, and fuck the 3D
#330  August 29, 2013, 12:34:05 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
So Nintendo region locking and censoring games and screwing over the EU market doesn't get any ire, but they release their incredibly awesome handheld with a cheaper alternative that doesn't use a gimmick a lot of people don't care about.....and suddenly Nintendo is the worst company in the world?  For fuck's sake....
#331  August 29, 2013, 12:39:56 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
If it kept the clamshell design and was confirmed to have a battery that doesn't die in 10 minutes, I'd snap that up the 2DS in a heartbeat.

DMK

#332  August 29, 2013, 12:57:24 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
The only thing I'm pissed about today is that Zelda Wii U bundle and how its 300.00 and I paid an extra 50 for a game I could give two shits about, sure its fun but that Zelda one is the bees knees. ALL I HAD TO DO IS WAIT A COUPLE MORE MONTHS. =[
#333  August 29, 2013, 01:02:18 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
So far it looks like it's EU exclusive. Heard nothing about a NA release.
#334  August 29, 2013, 01:15:08 am
  • SNK is life
#335  August 29, 2013, 02:31:52 am
  • For honor!
My gripe is with the design. It looks like a Tiger Electronics Handheld Game and I just don't like where the controls are placed.
Iroha stripped for me
#336  August 29, 2013, 03:04:50 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I think the reason why they got rid of the hinge design is because, since this is marketed at younger children, it needs to be build more solidly to withstand the amount of abuse that the little kids would put on the things they hold.

Seriously, they drop stuff all of the time. And the weak hinges was a common complaint for the 3DS...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#337  August 29, 2013, 05:25:58 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
That 2DS thing is awesome!
The only bad thing about it is the case design, but since it is aimed at small children, I can see why they went with that.

The lack of 3D and 3D slider is a major plus for me. 3D movies and games cause me terrible headaches that can last days.
This thing allows me to own a 3DS without worrying about that dreadful slider and the having headaches out of nowhere.

Also, with that price range and with Pokemon coming along soon, I can see this being a major killer at the upcoming holiday sales.

It's all about letting your eyes get used to the effect. i used to get extremely woozy from 3d effects too but the 3DS actually helped me with it. I often play my 3ds with the 3d on now.
#338  August 29, 2013, 05:31:03 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
No, I am not sitting through migraines to adapt to an effect that will hurt my head anyways. I don't see why this is a bad thing given it's friggin' optional. Why are 3DS owners so concerned? Were they gonna buy this?

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#339  August 29, 2013, 06:00:12 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Some people don't even have binocular vision. I don't like the button placement but if it's as big as the XL I might get this version. (was going to get one for x-mas)
#340  August 29, 2013, 06:07:42 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Getting rid of the 3D and a price cut is a good idea I guess.
But I'm not fond of that design at all.