YesNoOk

BrokenMUGENhr screenpack (Read 267735 times)

Started by Sniper, December 19, 2008, 08:27:02 pm
Re: BrokenMUGENhr screenpack
#181  December 23, 2008, 09:00:12 pm
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
WHY AM I YELLING
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#182  December 23, 2008, 09:15:10 pm
[size=40pt]LOUD NOISES!!![/size]
#183  December 23, 2008, 09:15:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
o_O

Laws? If we go by laws then we can't use any form of mugen at all. We never got another license from elecbyte.

This forum doesn't care to an extent about the laws and/or ethics involved in using mugen or what goes into making things for the program.

All we do is tell you that if you use other people's works that they may get upset with you. And other like minded people could get upset with you as well.

So yeah. Arguing laws is pointless, but that doesn't mean that none of us unethical law breaking users can't still get mad at people for stepping on our own proverbial toes. :P

------ EDIT: And about Dragonclaw, I would rather see people use Dragon Claw without permission than bugging the family of Reu just so they can put his creations in a game --;
#184  December 23, 2008, 09:17:00 pm
This is why we changed topic, and started talking about Athena
#185  December 23, 2008, 09:20:00 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Yeah. I'd rather stare at Athena's tits for 10 minutes straight than discuss laws and potential graverobbing
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#186  December 23, 2008, 10:18:57 pm
Mai Shinranui's is better XD

Btw, not sure if this has been mentioned. But with this screenpack, I still get the "Can't find stage: " deal. Im guessing when you try to continue. its trying to find the name of the stage next to the name of the character you're fighting. I know there are remedies out but not all of them work. I just simply turned off the continue screen. Its better than getting the error and the entire mugen exiting out.
#187  December 23, 2008, 11:06:39 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
I just downloaded this to see if he did a good job...but really, this is not a Hires convertion. You just resized the old sprites.
You did a good job on the fonts, though...I'll give you that much...and since I have my own personal convertion of the Broken Screenpack to Hires already (I won't be releasing it ever...cuz it's not my creation) I'll be using the fonts you converted...cuz I never got that part right.  :sugoi:

Also, you need to fix your select portrait sizes on that download file...they look waaayyy tiny.

"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#188  December 24, 2008, 12:29:44 am
  • Who wants a hug?
No, no, no.
I'm not saying you should bother Reu's family for permission.
Since RandomSelect is the only place which I know where Reu's stuff is hosted, I'm saying you should talk to Kung_Fu_Man.

I saw this at RandomSelect, correct me if I'm wrong...
NOTE:
In downloading these works, you must agree to the following: unless given permission by the original author, you will not use any part of them to create your own works (TESTP works are open source, and an exception to this rule). You will not redistibute these works as long as they are currently on this site. You also won't warehouse or rapidshare these works period. And lastly, don't sell or use these works in a full game you wish to distribute. If you cannot accept these terms, don't download things off this site and please move on.

Yo dog I herd yo and yo dog liked yoyos so we put yo dog in a yoyo so yo can yoyo yo dog while yo dog yoyos dog.
Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 01:07:02 am by TamerZack
#189  December 24, 2008, 12:38:41 am
  • I got a PM.
KFM is not Reu and there is no reason for anyone to ask him for permission to use his works. Like I said let's not bring back the pointless debate. He has no more right to them than this guy. The only guy who can speak for Reu is himself. Read his read-me's and let you own ethics make your choices for you.
#190  December 24, 2008, 12:40:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
actually, let's bring back some pointless debate.
#191  December 24, 2008, 12:41:57 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
So we can end up like the Naruto board on GameFAQ? (BURRRN) Fat chance. Let's look at Athena's tits for 15 minutes straight.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#192  December 24, 2008, 01:04:17 am
  • Who wants a hug?
I'll get back on topic after I clear up some things with shamrock.
Let's not start bring up people protecting Reu by telling people who can and can't use his works or who can and can't host his works.

I'm tired of people talking for someone who is dead.

As far as our site is concerned. You can use other peoples stuff in your creations.

This does not mean people will like you doing it.

We will only get involved if you sell other people stuff.

Also if your full game release does not have anything full game about it then we would step in because that's not a release.

I do want to say something that will help your full game.

Do not use other peoples stuff.

It is easier to make creations from scratch then it is to use other people's stuff. I mean if you are really going to make a full game with it's own system and are going to pay for people to do the work, then you would save time and effort by doing it all from scratch.

The fact that you want to use other people's stuff says that you are not serious about making a real full game. Sounds like another thrown together mugen roster with no system.

The added benfit is you won't have to hear everyone calling you a thief.

Just my two cents take it or leave it.

Must have misread it wrong. Sorry, I'll edit my post.
This also means Evil Ryu/Ken should be removed of that rooster.
Yo dog I herd yo and yo dog liked yoyos so we put yo dog in a yoyo so yo can yoyo yo dog while yo dog yoyos dog.
#193  December 24, 2008, 01:40:21 am

Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:24:58 am by Sniper
#194  December 24, 2008, 01:43:06 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Or, I can download the original in 20 seconds and have a non-garbage version.
#195  December 24, 2008, 01:43:40 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
 :lugoi:
#196  December 24, 2008, 02:08:55 am
Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:25:40 am by Sniper
#197  December 24, 2008, 02:10:46 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
BECAUSE PORTRAIT SIZE DETERMINES RESOLUTION.

I might as well give all my characters portraits WAY over the size they should be. Then they'll all be hires!
#198  December 24, 2008, 02:17:31 am
Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:26:16 am by Sniper
#199  December 24, 2008, 02:18:03 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
someone's butthurt

oh and since Sniper is so oblivious to everything I obviously mean him
#200  December 24, 2008, 02:21:12 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
You can actually read what the hell he just said?