The Mugen Fighters Guild
M.U.G.E.N Central => Sprite Projects => Topic started by: Just No Point on August 22, 2013, 04:15:44 pm
This board is for "larger" spriting projects.
Here you discuss and show the spriting aspect. Once you wish to get into coding please make a thread for that in Projects.
If you just wish to show off your sprites that are not part of a larger project please post them in Graphic Arts.
What qualifies as a "larger "spriting project?"
-Pretty much any spriting project that edits most or all of the sprites of a character, stage, etc This can include color separation or style conversions but is not limited to such.
-Spriting any full character, stage, etc from scratch or with a tracing base.
- Adding multiple new animations to a character, stage, etc
- Please do not BUMP/reply if a thread is over 30 days old. Unless you are the topic starter or have something useful to contribute that could aid the project.
- Please do not post custom sprites unless you have at least 3 full animations completed. For smaller projects where you are still figuring out the how and why post in Graphic Arts. Once your project is large enough you can move your thread to this board or make a new thread here.
For color separation you just need 1 sprite as these tend to pick up steam easier.
A typical community involvement topic might be posted in a style similar to this.
* an overview of what's done
* what needs to be done
* what the differences from the original are in case of major sprite set modifications like color separation
* link(s) to the file(s) to be worked on or which aren't yet assigned to nobody in particular to work on - preferably updated with some regularity so no work is duplicated
* related to the above, separate links to the completed sprites for people to check as examples, reference, or for minor tweaks
When you complete a color separation project please post so in this thread (http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/color-separated-database-151698.0.html). You may also look in said thread at the many examples of already completed separation.
For sprite packs please visit this board. (http://mugenguild.com/forum/resource-releases.398)
Tutorials on Color Separation
By Phantom of the Server (http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/color-separation-111207.0.html)
By [E] (http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sprite-recolor-tutorial-103022.0.html)
By SageHarpuiaJDJ (http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sages-cs-tutorialfor-gimp-users-153321.0.html)
By several users (http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/a-place-share-color-separation-techniques-127686.0.html)
By Infinite Crisis (http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.1734566)
By XGargoyle (http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/easy-color-separation-and-palette-creation-photoshop-166119.0.html)
Are the rules in this board like the releases's board ones? (like no necrobumping, etc.)
If yes maybe you could add something like "The Releases' board rules are applied here too".
I think it would be good if you linked to coloru separation tutorials there; I now pots and each I made one, there might be others too.
I posted the Tutorial that I did in the Tutorial section.
Should I link it?
You might want to add this topic to the Color Separations tutorials since a couple of people shared their method here.
Can't this be added as a CS tutorial?
Can we fix the link that says "for sprite packs, visit this board"?
Ah! From before the Resource Releases board. Thanks for catching that!
Can XGargoyle's CS tutorial be added to the list?