YesNoOk

Screenpack Question that is bugging me the most >:( (Read 1082 times)

Started by XamΣeta, August 04, 2012, 01:03:25 am
Share this topic:
Screenpack Question that is bugging me the most >:(
#1  August 04, 2012, 01:03:25 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Is it possible for Arcade Mode to look different than other modes?

I will use Street Fighter Third Strike as an example to what I mean, since its what I am trying to achieve.

1P ARCADE MODE:

2P VERSUS MODE:

What I want to do is make ARCADE mode in mugen look different than the other modes but I haven't seen a mugen screenpack do this yet and was wondering if it is possible on Mugen 1.0.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Re: Screenpack Question that isbugging me the most :(
#2  August 04, 2012, 01:05:48 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm in no way a screenpack expert, but I know some screenpacks have "training mode" displayed on the select screen when you're indeed in training mode. Can't remember if they have that for Arcade or VS too. If they do, you may be able to play with that somehow.
Re: Screenpack Question that is bugging me the most >:(
#3  August 04, 2012, 01:14:32 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
That is true Cybaster. In the default screenpack you have a font displaying the mode you are currently in at the top. ARCADE MODE, VS MODE, etc.

But What I mean is...could the look of Arcade mode be coded to look and act separately than the other modes?

I really want to have the _1P[Player Name Here]_______________ tab on the top and the transparent PLAYER SELECT red tab on the bottom cause it looks so fucking cool...just for 1P Arcade mode.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#4  August 04, 2012, 11:49:46 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Nope, such drastic change between modes is not possible, unfortunately. :(
#5  August 04, 2012, 01:00:52 pm
  • Come mighty warrior face me
    • Indonesia
    • Skype - Rizki291
you can use font on that like arcade mode in default font and training in other font
New #6  August 04, 2012, 03:33:05 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Thank you everybody for the help.

I have created a mockup to show what the final Select screen for all modes will look like.

Somewhat different than the original but hopefully retaining a familiar look and feel.

Posted: August 07, 2012, 03:26:31 am

Sorry for the BUMP...but I have yet another question that is also Screenpack script related.

How can I get fonts to show in front of layerno = 1 positioned graphics???

I have a transparency layer that needs to be in front of the character portrait but behind the namefont.

As of now the namefont appears filtered behind the transparency and its not the way I want it to look.

Any help is always appreciated.

Shit...I just noticed I am asking for help in the wrong development forum AGAIN.

Can somebody be so kind as to move my forum query to development help? Sorry to bother.
Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 03:31:14 am by MaxBeta