YesNoOk

Various character problems with Linux Mugen... (Read 598 times)

Started by NeptuneNavigator01, October 22, 2007, 08:57:48 am
Share this topic:
Various character problems with Linux Mugen...
#1  October 22, 2007, 08:57:48 am
  • Rocking on since 2001, all the way to Neptune!
    • USA
Hello, everyone...
Hey, I've discovered some new problems with a few characters after moving to Linux Mugen; some of these problems happen ONLY with Linux Mugen, and one of them has happened with Windows Mugen as well (as SHOULD be the case with all of these, but anyway...):

1. Reu's Evil Ken's AI does not activate.  At all.  It is the latest version of the character - 0.97 - and this problem does NOT exist in the Windows version, so I am mystified.  (A sad thing, really.  Evil Ken is an ultimate boss-type character!)  Evil Ryu - also by Reu - exhibits the same AI problem, as does Big Eli King's Dark Chun Li.  The strange thing about the latter character is, that one time, her AI actually managed to activate.  ...???!?!?!  And, to compound this AI mystery, P.o.t.S's Shin Gouki does NOT exhibit this problem WHATSOEVER, in Linux Mugen.  His AI always kicks major butt!

2. Another type of problem - in fact, the only problem I've been having that exhibits itself in both Linux Mugen and Windows Mugen, that I am concerned with at the moment - is with Go Hibiki.  This is not the same Go Hibiki(s) as the one(s) made by N64Mario; rather, it is the one made by the same people who made Psycho Shredder (the SF2 Ryu edit).  Anyway, there is a move that he is able to execute after being knocked down, wherein he immediately stands up, and with crossed arms, he laughs, increasing said laugh in hysteria, and as he is laughing, his opponent is being hit multiple times, in a similar manner to the Shun Goku Satsu.  (I forgot to mention that Go Hibiki is standing a short distance from the opponent during the move.)  At the height of his laughter - and about, oh, fourteen hits later - he executes a jab Shoryuken, taking the opponent's life down to 1, if I remember correctly.  But, the problem is, okay...  The locations of the first five or six hitsparks are the same for the next five or six hitsparks, and then he does his Shoryuken, ending the move, but in newer versions of Mugen (i.e., anything after the 2001.04.14 DOS version) the second "set" of hits/hitsparks do not execute, causing the opponent to fall prematurely (setting aside the rather subjective point that Go Hibiki is still laughing, and still does the Shoryuken even though there is now nobody to hit).

EDIT: After chasing down some code in his CMD and CNS, I've discovered that the name of the move is "Kyokugenryu," and is actually a super move; it requires a full power bar to execute, and can also be done while in a standing state...  I'll see if I can figure this one out on my own...

Anyway, sorry if these issues have already been raised and resolved, but they're quickly becoming thorns in my side.  We've got enough problems with older characters being converted to newer Mugen; we don't need any problems with newer characters with varied AI problems on a certain port of Mugen...!

Any help that someone can give me in regards to this, would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Shun Goku Satsu!
Shoush!
Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 03:38:41 pm by NeptuneNavigator01
Re: Various character problems with Linux Mugen...
#2  October 24, 2007, 10:51:10 pm
1) im guessing your Evil Ken, Evil Ryu, and Dark Chun Li all use the humanly impossible button press AI activation... if thats the case, the reason their AI is not activating is because this method does not work on Linux MUGEN while Shin Gouki is using Winane's AI helper method, an AI activation method that works on both Linux and Windows MUGEN

2) sounds like Go Hibiki contains some outdated code =\
check the hitdef of the second set of hits for anything strange, iz all i can think of  :-\
Re: Various character problems with Linux Mugen...
#3  October 26, 2007, 01:51:03 am
  • Rocking on since 2001, all the way to Neptune!
    • USA
Hmm; thanks, ZzEzZ; I don't really know about the whole AI thing...  And, I am trying to track down the exact problem with Go's Kyokugenryu, but seeing as how, after seven years, I'm still somewhat of an amature at Mugen coding, it's not as easy for me as you'd think...
Shun Goku Satsu!
Shoush!