YesNoOk

Gleam of force by french bread. (Read 8072 times)

Started by Bastard Mami, September 01, 2008, 07:30:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Gleam of force by french bread.
#21  September 24, 2008, 04:03:19 am
  • It's not furry you goons, it's anthro! ANTHRO!
I disagree. I've had this game for a while and it is still just as fun as when I first got it. In fact I'm still constantly finding new stuff and ways to play. I couldn't say that about Glove on Fight, which was really quite limited and had treacle slow gameplay. I think it's worthy of a "best game ever" title as far as doujins go.

It's not fair to say that a game sucks simply because you don't understand it. Especially when it's not the case.

Yes, the original had wacker supers, but they were't very cool. It was funny to see Satsuke throw a headless body at someone, but the supers were rather unspectacular. Gleam of Force has really awesome looking supers that actually feel dramatic.

It's also not fair to bash a game for the art style so long as it isn't ugly. The art and animation style is unique. That alone should be worthy of praise. You'd think that by now people would be bored of generic "realistic" looking fighters animated in typical traditional style, and yet as soon as something innovative and fresh is released, people think it sucks? Wow, I guess that really sums up the Mugen community's mentality.

Originality is the best.

Also, how can you say that Glove on Fight had better presentation? The animations, interface and effects were all quite inferior. Probably the only thing I preferred was the music. And Gleam of Force has some excellent tunes as well.

Btw: Papeko is a lot of fun to play once you can figure out her combos and playstyle. Futaba also has a very fun playing style as does Minami.

Edit: One thing I do miss from the original are the manga style internal shots on some of the heavy punches.
A magical force-field surrounding a brick in an iron vault...even if the security is breached, the thieves are bound to be disappointed.
Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:19:48 am by Ryanide
#22  September 24, 2008, 08:52:41 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Music is too Unmanly.

lmao

I want that K.O. effect on my characters. That's just about all that's appealing so far. It's like watching puppets fight.
#23  September 25, 2008, 04:25:12 am
more like watching art in motion.

There isn't anything about this game that's not appealing besides perhaps character balance issues (and even then it's very balanced compared to some other doujin games). The art style is charming and the gameplay is brilliant.

After playing this for a while, normal fighters just don't feel natural any more.
A magical force-field surrounding a brick in an iron vault...even if the security is breached, the thieves are bound to be disappointed.
#24  September 25, 2008, 11:26:14 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#25  September 25, 2008, 11:42:08 am
It's true! I went to work on Maxime and it took me a while to realise that there was no dodge button, and I kept dashing at the opponent trying to infight them.

I would give Maxime an infight of his own, but that would be cheap on a traditional character.
#26  October 16, 2008, 01:11:57 pm
I'm still playing this game, and I feel sorry for all you haters. I am only now just beginning to discover just how deep and well-executed the gameplay is.
#27  October 16, 2008, 02:15:09 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
yeah you do that
#28  October 16, 2008, 04:18:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'm still playing this game, and I feel sorry for all you haters. I am only now just beginning to discover just how deep and well-executed the gameplay is.

Same thing I tought after playing trf.